Help, Thyroid Only Aged My Skin And Make The Gym A Nightmare!

Lucas

Since starting the journey of using thyroid hormone to treat the symptoms of low body temperature, fatigue and joint pain, using NDT, T4, T4+T3, T3 only, I only get as a result loss of lean body mass (feeling weak at the gym), and my skin have aged a lot, whit big nasolabial folds.

The truth is that thyroid only make me tired.

Without thyroid, my TSH goes to 4 to 5, FreeT4 gets low, but still on the reference range, but I never get a FreeT3 below 70%, my FreeT3 is on 70% of the reference range without thyroid, so I am not T3 deficient.

The problem is my cholesterol, my LDL is close to 300, HDL is fine, at 70.

Also, my Ferritin is 230, my transferrin is below range, and the PCR protein, that is a marker of inflammation, is very low, so it looks like iron overload.

So, the only markers that I find in blood are high ferritin, high cholesterol, and high Methyl Malonic acid.

My pulse is fine (75-85), and my major symptoms are liquid sperm, joint pain, and general fatigue.

The only thing that increases my temperature are caffeine.

My question: is anything besides Thyroid that increases the cholesterol??

What besides thyroid lowers body temperature?

I am giving up on thyroid, this is not for me. I can’t tolerate it.

papaya

Since starting the journey of using thyroid hormone to treat the symptoms of low body temperature, fatigue and joint pain, using NDT, T4, T4+T3, T3 only, I only get as a result loss of lean body mass (feeling weak at the gym), and my skin have aged a lot, whit big nasolabial folds.

The truth is that thyroid only make me tired.

Without thyroid, my TSH goes to 4 to 5, FreeT4 gets low, but still on the reference range, but I never get a FreeT3 below 70%, my FreeT3 is on 70% of the reference range without thyroid, so I am not T3 deficient.

The problem is my cholesterol, my LDL is close to 300, HDL is fine, at 70.

Also, my Ferritin is 230, my transferrin is below range, and the PCR protein, that is a marker of inflammation, is very low, so it looks like iron overload.

So, the only markers that I find in blood are high ferritin, high cholesterol, and high Methyl Malonic acid.

My pulse is fine (75-85), and my major symptoms are liquid sperm, joint pain, and general fatigue.

The only thing that increases my temperature are caffeine.

My question: is anything besides Thyroid that increases the cholesterol??

What besides thyroid lowers body temperature?

I am giving up on thyroid, this is not for me. I can’t tolerate it.
What brand of ndt are you using?

Peater Piper

You feel the thyroid increased your cholesterol? Ideally I would think it would lower cholesterol as metabolism is boosted and the cholesterol is converted to hormones. It seems like that conversion isn't happening. Are you getting amounts of the fat soluble vitamins?

Constatine

One of the main dangers with taking thyroid is that you are artificially telling your system to increase metabolism and ignoring the initial reason for your body's current metabolic rate. If you take thyroid without increasing your calories and without increasing consumption of nutritional foods you will starve yourself of both calories and nutrients. If you don't eat a lot or if you don't eat the right foods and you take thyroid you will be deficient in almost every nutrient. Hence your condition.

Agent207

I'd had HOMA-IR and cortisol/dhea 24h checked too before jumping on ndt bandwagon. High cholesterol is sometimes related to high insulin.

That was the case, weight lifting or any other type of hiit exercise you like can improve condition.

Also LH, FSH, T, SHBG, 25(OH)D and PTH levels could help to have things cleared out.

Last edited:

Tarmander

One of the main dangers with taking thyroid is that you are artificially telling your system to increase metabolism and ignoring the initial reason for your body's current metabolic rate. If you take thyroid without increasing your calories and without increasing consumption of nutritional foods you will starve yourself of both calories and nutrients. If you don't eat a lot or if you don't eat the right foods and you take thyroid you will be deficient in almost every nutrient. Hence your condition.

This is accurate. I will also add that lifestyle and where you live matters big time. Having a low metabolism is a reaction to inputs and if those inputs don't change, pushing on your metabolism is tortuous. High EMF areas which cause constant low blood sugars are something to consider. Your sleep cycle and its stability. The emotional environment can really affect dopamine levels...as in do you have vampires around you stimulating you and feeding on your reaction, or demanding "emotional support."

Lastly, it could be helpful to simply take a lot less. There is a sweet spot that feels good and is healthy. If you can find that spot you can build on it over time. Perhaps a good goal would be a TSH only a point lower, not all the way down. Get serious about your experience, not what you read is "healthy."

HDD

"T3, by lowering stress, sometimes reveals a low basal metabolic rate, that was hidden by high stress hormones."

How long have you been supplementing thyroid?

OP
L

Lucas

My insulin, blood glucose is normal, I don’t have insulin problems.

If I have an inflammation, my PCR will be high, but is low.

My cholesterol is high without thyroid medication, and don’t lower even taking 100 mcg of T4. I can’t tolerate even 2 mcg of T3.

The point is thyroid don’t improve my condition.

My zinc is above range, my ferritin is above range, and maybe I am copper deficient? But copper is on the middle of the range on blood test!!

I did an IGE test to see food allergies, and I am free from allergies (tested milk, gluten, eggs, lentils, potato, oranges, bananas…).

And since starting thyroid, I increased my food consumption of milk and oranges (I love oranges), but nothing, still lost 3 kg of lean body mass, whit effects on the gym (lost strength).

Thank you for your help.

WestCoaster

Bacon, Eggs, red meat, whole milk (i'm guessing half and half & heavy cream can be grouped in there), butter, full fat cheese, and full fat yogurt (think Greek Yogurt) Keep in mind, if you're not consuming enough cholesterol, your body theoretically should be producing enough, if it's not for whatever reason, you have to be eating foods higher in cholesterol like the ones I listed. Also, olive oil supposedly helps the testes absorb more cholesterol, so throw some olive oil in there too. Cholesterol is what Testosterone is manufactured from so you want it in ample quantity. Cholesterol is also what is used to create Vitamin D from sunlight.

As for the question about what lowers body temperature, the biggest thing is not enough sleep. Now if it's a case of not enough hours, simply make it a top priority to sleep more. If it's a case of your sleep not being restful. then you have to take a closer look as to why. The very reason could be you're not consuming enough saturated fat might be hindering your sleep quality.

With regards to your cholesterol numbers, your HDL looks fine, but you're concerned about your LDL. Part of the HDL cholesterol provides protection against LDL build-up. Because your HDL looks fine, it's probably a case of you're consuming too much of the foods that created an LDL build-up. So you can either increase your HDL higher by again eating those initial foods I listed, but also things like avocados, fish, nuts, and olive oil. Or reduce the foods creating the LDL build up, those foods being simple carbs (think sugar, fruit juices, and other quick digesting carbs). It's probably a good idea to do a bit of both.

The other things you listed:

Liquid Semen - Can be caused by over-masturbation, so if that is the case, slow down or stop. Over-masturbation can cause testicle shrinkage which affect the Leydig cells. The Leydig cells are what utilize your cholesterol to make Testosterone. So you can see how this can cause an issue. Higher cholesterol foods can help with this, but another miracle worker with this problem is Celery which apparently work wonders on semen.

Joint pain & General Fatigue - Both caused by the over-consumption of carbs. Many people report those symptoms vanishing in less than a month's time by lowering their carb intake and increase their fat intake.

Also I forgot to mention in order for cholesterol to be converted into hormones like Testosterone, it needs what's called luteinizing hormone. Cholesterol gets converted in the presence of this hormone.

HDD

Tman is ndt and has t3. Did you take/tolerate it regularly for a specific time?

OP
L

Lucas

Bacon, Eggs, red meat, whole milk (i'm guessing half and half & heavy cream can be grouped in there), butter, full fat cheese, and full fat yogurt (think Greek Yogurt) Keep in mind, if you're not consuming enough cholesterol, your body theoretically should be producing enough, if it's not for whatever reason, you have to be eating foods higher in cholesterol like the ones I listed. Also, olive oil supposedly helps the testes absorb more cholesterol, so throw some olive oil in there too. Cholesterol is what Testosterone is manufactured from so you want it in ample quantity. Cholesterol is also what is used to create Vitamin D from sunlight.

As for the question about what lowers body temperature, the biggest thing is not enough sleep. Now if it's a case of not enough hours, simply make it a top priority to sleep more. If it's a case of your sleep not being restful. then you have to take a closer look as to why. The very reason could be you're not consuming enough saturated fat might be hindering your sleep quality.

With regards to your cholesterol numbers, your HDL looks fine, but you're concerned about your LDL. Part of the HDL cholesterol provides protection against LDL build-up. Because your HDL looks fine, it's probably a case of you're consuming too much of the foods that created an LDL build-up. So you can either increase your HDL higher by again eating those initial foods I listed, but also things like avocados, fish, nuts, and olive oil. Or reduce the foods creating the LDL build up, those foods being simple carbs (think sugar, fruit juices, and other quick digesting carbs). It's probably a good idea to do a bit of both.

The other things you listed:

Liquid Semen - Can be caused by over-masturbation, so if that is the case, slow down or stop. Over-masturbation can cause testicle shrinkage which affect the Leydig cells. The Leydig cells are what utilize your cholesterol to make Testosterone. So you can see how this can cause an issue. Higher cholesterol foods can help with this, but another miracle worker with this problem is Celery which apparently work wonders on semen.

Joint pain & General Fatigue - Both caused by the over-consumption of carbs. Many people report those symptoms vanishing in less than a month's time by lowering their carb intake and increase their fat intake.

Also I forgot to mention in order for cholesterol to be converted into hormones like Testosterone, it needs what's called luteinizing hormone. Cholesterol gets converted in the presence of this hormone.

Hello.

I don’t over masturbate.

My sleep is not refreshing; I have restless legs when I sleep.

My fats come from eggs, butter, milk and coconut oil. I don’t eat red meat since is high on iron.

If I reduce my carbs intake I fell lethargic.

OP
L

Lucas

Tman is ndt and has t3. Did you take/tolerate it regularly for a specific time?[/QUO
Tolerated
Tolerated it only for 2 days, then fell weak and more tired even whit ¼ of a grain.

OP
L

Lucas

Just to ad that I have in blood low platelets and low leukocytes.

A.R

What would you say are some of the main nutrients a person becomes deficient in?

Constatine

What would you say are some of the main nutrients a person becomes deficient in?
It's is hard to say as it depends on an individuals current diet but the most important defiencieny would simply be energy production. You would need plenty of carbs but not empty calories either else you might run mineral or vitamin deficiencies. Thus I would say taking thyroid is manageable if you consume plenty of fruits and in great variety.

Sucrates

I'd see what you can find on your anomalies and endotoxin/LPS. I think it could explain your LDL and perhaps thyroid/TSH, not sure about ferritin.

keith

I think @natedawggh said cilantro can be beneficial for reducing iron. Not sure if he still contributes to this forum, but if you search the site, you may find something helpful.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals