Beginning My Journey To Halt Early Baldness, Fix Metabolism, And Live With HIV

chispas

For me, the good effects of B1 start at 1g. I've had more than 2g a day and felt no bad effects. This is the water soluble form of B1, of course. B3 at 500mg a day hits the spot for me, but long term it starts to cause strange, indistinct dopamine fluctuations. Currently 250mg is enough each day that I get the good effects without the cumulative negative effects of the larger, long term dose.

Watch out for whey, lots of oxidised cholesterol and tryptophan. Next time try casein. You can partially protect yourself from the less than ideal amino ratio by adding glycine to the shake.

Camomile is also a great antistress substance. Anti-NO as well.

chispas

It's hard to tell where the effects of the hotel food end, and the effects of your strong prescription medicine begin. Keep experimenting. You seem to sound happy, and that's positive.

chispas

I make a large pot with the camomile flower, not with tea bags. The tea bags have such small quantity of camomile, they have little effect. I probably use about 4 tablespoons of the flower in the teapot, let it brew, and drink about three cups. It's delicious with a bit of glycine, and I also find that adding taurine enhances its power to relax. It's great before bed, but probably not ideal at 9am in the morning. I've been experimenting with it as a post workout recovery aid, with good results.

OP
P

Platinum

For me, the good effects of B1 start at 1g. I've had more than 2g a day and felt no bad effects. This is the water soluble form of B1, of course. B3 at 500mg a day hits the spot for me, but long term it starts to cause strange, indistinct dopamine fluctuations. Currently 250mg is enough each day that I get the good effects without the cumulative negative effects of the larger, long term dose.

Watch out for whey, lots of oxidised cholesterol and tryptophan. Next time try casein. You can partially protect yourself from the less than ideal amino ratio by adding glycine to the shake.

Camomile is also a great antistress substance. Anti-NO as well.

Interesting, I didn't realize whey had a lot of tryptophan. When I entered 2 scoops of it into cronometer it only showed 0.7g of it. As a comparison, if I enter 3 large eggs and 6 cups of 2% milk instead, there's 0.8g of tryptophan. In addition to using it to reach my protein goals, I liked that whey has a good amount of BCAA as well. hopefully the oxidized cholesterol won't affect me much, but each scoop will be with one of my tablespoons of collagen, during lunch and dinner.

I used to drink chamomile more often (free tea bags at the hotel) but it's been quite a while...probably not since last year when I started getting so much fluid from OJ/milk. Maybe it was helping me more than I realized at the time. As for the hotel food, I make the best of the situation but it's not always bad. my breakfast choices include OJ, milk, coffee, fruit, hard-boiled egg, or sometimes some potatoes when available. I stay away from the scrambled eggs at the lower tier hotels, they don't even look like actual eggs. When I am in larger towns with a proper Marriott hotel, the complementary evening hourderves are often cooked from scratch by a chef (though I have to be careful if it appears that vegetable oil could have been used in the process. Vitamin E comes in handy) and there's always a cheese tray :). Last night on the airplane home I was served shrimp and grits in first class, was quite tasty :)

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals