My Hypothyroidism Journey

OP
L

Lucas

I tested vitamin A on blood and it was ok.

Also take some day for test 50.000 ui vitamin A and fell nothing.

Liver enzymes are ok.

The things I have on blood are low Dhea-S and high ferritin.

Don’t know if that causes a resistance to T3.

OP
L

Lucas

Is bioidentical T3, made on a compound pharmacy.

I think it is legit, since my wife take it and fell hyper in around 30 min.

HDD

Have you had your cholesterol measured"

"If your cholesterol is above 200, and the thyroid supplements didn't warm you up, it's possible that something is interfering with your steroid synthesis, which might be a deficiency of something like vitamin A, or interference from something like iron or carotene. Have you tried a supplement of pregnenolone or DHEA? Were any other hormones, such as prolactin, measured? If you are taking the aspirin regularly, you should make sure to get vitamin K, from kale, liver, or a supplement. Anemia, like cold feet, is a common sign of low thyroid function."

Peatarian.com Email Exchanges - Ray Peat Forum Wiki

achillea

In the book Recovering with T3 he says that if you are taking too much T3 and upping it too fast and your temperature does not rise then you are having too much T3. You have to decrease incrementally until you reach a sweet spot or have signs of hypothyroid. My wife was on too much i.e. 36mcg per day and decreased to around 30 per day and her pulse and temp went up. At 36 she got diarrhea and low temps. See if you can find the book it is by an English engineer who spent years on T3 experimentation. He also has a circadian method where you take it at very certain times of the day. It works good.
http://recoveringwitht3.com/

marteagal

I think Ray Peat recently clarified about things that make you unresponsive to T3, perhaps it was the latest KMUD radio interview.

Wow, could you please try to rummage around in your memory to come up with the source? :)
Thank you very much in advance!!

superhuman

All those high dosage Wilson stuff use delay release t3 ***t. RP told me that using to much T3 at once will after some days make the liver resistent to it and will deactivate the T3 and make you even more hypothyroid the period you are not taking T3. Listen to Ray. He has written many times how to take T3 and T3+T4 for hypothyroid

jaguar43

In the end, it depends on which brand your using. Unfortunately all the brands that are available are pretty horrendous. None of them work, and are extremely weak. If you haven't used Cynomel from Grossman, I would advise you not to take any t3 medication. Because you haven't felt a t3 product that actually works, therefore you can't really tell if it is having an effect or not.

But what I did find is Ray Peat says cortisol increases rT3, so it's sufficient to work on the cortisol.

I think Blue Sky Peptide T3 is very good. Nothing horrendous about it. I take it and my HR accelerates. I take too much and I get cold and adrenalin and feel horrible. It's real, and it works.

Pointless

All those high dosage Wilson stuff use delay release t3 ***t. RP told me that using to much T3 at once will after some days make the liver resistent to it and will deactivate the T3 and make you even more hypothyroid the period you are not taking T3. Listen to Ray. He has written many times how to take T3 and T3+T4 for hypothyroid

But what I did find is Ray Peat says cortisol increases rT3, so it's sufficient to work on the cortisol.

Do you have a source for this? There's two ways that the liver can deactivate T3, if I'm not mistaken, and that's by converting it to T2/T1 or through rT3. Does low cortisol prevent this resistance, or is it a built-in mechanism for controlling spikes in serum T3?

I think Blue Sky Peptide T3 is very good. Nothing horrendous about it. I take it and my HR accelerates. I take too much and I get cold and adrenalin and feel horrible. It's real, and it works.

For me, it's the opposite, if I take too little T3 (anything less than 20 mcg), I get cold, aggressive adrenaline feeling, and paresthesia. I would hate for these high doses to be causing some kind of resistance, but nothing else is working.

I've been using USAPeptide T3 and T4, and I assume that 1 drop = 10 mcg.

00:47:30 May KMUD interview. T3 can't go to rT3 by the way.

Pointless

I believe you are at 46:30 :cool

OK thanks. Stupid Windows media app whatever this "Groove" nonsense is. In case anyone is curious, Ray Peat says:

"If you're under stress, your reverse t3 goes up under the influence of cortisol, and if you lower cortisol your reverse t3 just naturally goes down. Everything that helps to lower cortisol will help to free up the normal t3 production without reverse t3 and things that help include sugar and aspirin and b vitamins and minerals."

Still, this doesn't necessarily prove that it's safe to take huge doses of T3 all at once. Maybe I'll get a water bottle and put 20-30 mcg t3 (minimum amount I need to prevent side effects) and drink it throughout the day.

HDD

"The body makes up to about 4 mcg of T3 in an hour, so each dose should be small, with food to delay absorption.

When you take T3 without food, it enters the blood stream very suddenly, and the liver is likely to detect an excessive amount, causing it to produce enzymes to eliminate it.

The result can be a decrease in T3 for the rest of the day, especially at night if you took it in the morning."
( don't have which interview)

"Several of the commercially available products aren't well formulated, some are completely inactive. Cytomel's formulation has changed recently, so I'm not sure of its present potency. In areas with fluoridated water, taking a tablet with water can inactivate it. With good Cytomel, once a person has taken a very big dose, the liver produces enzymes to inactivate it quickly, so after 12 hours the blood level will become too low, and another big dose will be needed. Stress hormones are responsible for raising reverse T3, and just supplementing T3 is seldom enough to normalize the stress hormones, so continued use of large doses can maintain improved functioning, but at the risk of developing problems from the continued excess of those hormones." - Wiki Peatarian email exchange (thyroid)

Indeed, I only said it would be sufficient to focus on the cortisol.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals