Hypothyroidism & Hashimoto's: How Affected by Peat Eating?

Matty D

Mittir said:
post 13513
j. said:
Does Ray Peat reject the validity of the assumptions behind and the concept of Hashimoto's Thyroiditis? That's the impression I got from Danny Roddy's article on Hashimoto's.

RP did not say that Autoimmune thyroditis does not exist He said the way it is diagnosed is flawed.
The anti-bodies that are blamed in Hashimoto are not part of autoimmune problems. I think he meant that
most Hashimoto patient do not have any autoimmune thyroid problem, its a simple thyroid problem.

Hey Mittir,

Very interesting point. I got diagnosed with Hashimotos in 2012 I'd love to zoom in more on the articles Ray Peat wrote on the topic in regards to AB's. Can you point me in any direction? Would be greatly appreciated. I'd really like to understand why the TPO's and TAG's are around.

Great thread folks!

Last edited by a moderator:

Mittir

Matty D said:
post 108604
Mittir said:
post 13513
j. said:
Does Ray Peat reject the validity of the assumptions behind and the concept of Hashimoto's Thyroiditis? That's the impression I got from Danny Roddy's article on Hashimoto's.

RP did not say that Autoimmune thyroditis does not exist He said the way it is diagnosed is flawed.
The anti-bodies that are blamed in Hashimoto are not part of autoimmune problems. I think he meant that
most Hashimoto patient do not have any autoimmune thyroid problem, its a simple thyroid problem.

Hey Mittir,

Very interesting point. I got diagnosed with Hashimotos in 2012 I'd love to zoom in more on the articles Ray Peat wrote on the topic in regards to AB's. Can you point me in any direction? Would be greatly appreciated. I'd really like to understand why the TPO's and TAG's are around.

Great thread folks!

I made a post about this few weeks ago.
viewtopic.php?f=56&t=8198&p=105042#p105042

He explained that antibodies are part of clean up process due to inflammation.

In addition you can also check RP's article on Thyroid
http://raypeat.com/articles/articles/hy ... dism.shtml

Last edited by a moderator: