Post Surgical Hypothyroidism

LUH 3417

does anyone know anything about hypothyroidism post invasive surgery? My mother had two titanium stents placed in her brain and is feeling very fatigued post surgery. I am trying to help her by urging the doctor to do thyroid panels and would love to know if there is any evidence on anesthesia and medications such as corticosteroids causing depression and fatigue. The doctor wants to put her on another antidepressant (she’s been on Prozac for many years) and I Don’t think it will be good for her.

fradon

does anyone know anything about hypothyroidism post invasive surgery? My mother had two titanium stents placed in her brain and is feeling very fatigued post surgery. I am trying to help her by urging the doctor to do thyroid panels and would love to know if there is any evidence on anesthesia and medications such as corticosteroids causing depression and fatigue. The doctor wants to put her on another antidepressant (she’s been on Prozac for many years) and I Don’t think it will be good for her.

any surgery is tramatic to the body.

if you mother is elderly it can take her a long while to recover maybe even a year or two. my mom had complications from her first knee surgery and it took her two years to recover. I would find more natural ways of reducing her stress, like going to the park and sitting and getting some sunlight as sunlight helps the thyroid and increases optimism.

avoid more medications if you can. getting her to move might help to even with a walker

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals