My Hypothyroidism Journey

zane93

When I starting taking thyroid it was NDT from Thailand.

The first day, after lunch, I take half a grain and wow, I fell amazing!! No more leg pain, my legs fell light, I walked whit relaxed legs, I almost cried of happiness!!

The second day I take one grain, half at morning and half at lunch and too was an amazing day. In this day I gone to the gym and the weights fell light!!

And the curiosity is that in these two days that I fell amazing my temperature don’t increased!!

But in the third day, everything comes back to hypo again.

I too had some of the same results from taking T3 NDT combo. The first two days I felt like I was 18 years old then on day three it was like a bomb hit me I went major hypo for about 3 days. I gave up on the combo and went back to T4 NDT and decided to live slightly hypo for now. Over the past 5 months I too have had muscle loss about 10 lbs but my diet needs lots of work. One difference I have no thyroid. It is so frustrating to feel so dam good for the first time in 10 years then so dam bad. BTW I think I did cry it felt so good!

OP
L

Lucas

This is a mystery!! Why we feel better for only some days in the beginning than worse again.:bigtears::bigtears:

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
This is a mystery!! Why we feel better for only some days in the beginning than worse again.
My theory is too much, too fast, overshooting the mark. :2cents:

zane93

My theory is too much, too fast, overshooting the mark. :2cents:

Quite possible, I did not stop taking my T4 and just moved to T3 so I could have been converting and dosing with too much T3(25mcg) and NDT. I am going to revisit the NDT T3 combo again sometime this year after I get my diet fixed.

OP
L

Lucas

I forget to say that my ferritin is at 203, not as high as a hemochromatosis people have.

The problem whit iron and thyroid is from low iron. People whit low iron doesn’t tolerate thyroid, right?

OP
L

Lucas

Sad news, I am becoming to see less hair on the top of the scalp like the Norwood scale 3.:bigtears::bigtears::bigtears:

Before, I only had receding hair line, but that is ok for my age (38 years old).

One more truth to the baldness caused by low body temperature/low metabolism/hypothyroidism.

If this aggravates from here, I will go Vin Diesel style.:punch:

OP
L

Lucas

Hello.

I read this review of a book on biodentical hormones and this take my attention:

“I have every hormone related book under the sun - why? Because my concierge doctor DID NOT understand that I felt like I was dying because my estrogen, testosterone and progesterone had flatlined. After a massive hormone headache, he later prescribed thyroid medicine based on my increasing TSH number. But he ignored that my DHEA WAS LOW- and that was why my TSH was falsely inflated. After one week of thyroid medicine I was sent into a hyperactive state for more than one month, losing what little fat I had and experiencing muscle wasting which I am still dealing with 4 months later!”

Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy: The Naturally Balanced Solution to Hormone Replacement: Rudy Dragone R.PH.: 9781438976181: Amazon.com: Books

So, can a low DHEA causes a hypothyroid state?

I am curios because I have low S-DHEA and high morning serum cortisol, and every time I try a thyroid supplement I get hyper lab values whit hypo symptoms.

The question is: can my low body temperature and fatigue be because of high cortisol and low DHEA and not a primary thyroid problem?

I think I might have somewhat a similar situation, not quite. But I think that my cortisol isn't really high, and neither is my adrenaline. But my body temperatures are quite low. Even under lights with plenty of T-3 I can't seem to get a temperature even close to a normal waking temperature. But I think that my problem is PUFAs. I think I have so much fat stored as PUFAs, that I think that this is just a long road to hoe. And I just think that it just take some time to get rid of those PUFAs. That's my theory anyway. I take some DHEA right now, about 5 mg per day.

DaveFoster

Usually cortisol suppresses the thyroid, and when cortisol drops you have neither sympathetic nor parasympathetic metabolism.

OP
L

Lucas

I am skinny but with a puffy face double chin etc. This say something about cortisol level

Kasper

I think cortisol increases body temperature. It seems like the iceman for example (Wim Hof) can survive under extreme cold conditions, by increasing his cortisol production in his body, which makes his metabolism increase by 3 fold or something (I don't know the exact numbers).

goodandevil

In peatarian email exchange there is detail advice on T3 dosing.
Peatarian.com Email Exchanges - Ray Peat Forum Wiki
He recommends that one experiment with 1 mcg dose to see how body
reacts. It looks like your 10 mcg dose is too high.

I use chicken neck soup for my thyroid supplement.
If i take 4 neck i feel warm instantly and relaxed
followed by resting sleep. , next day i feel energized.
When i tried 8 necks, i felt extra warmth and ok sleep,
but felt stressed and agitated rest of the day, hypothyroid symptoms.
Everyone has a different requirement of T3. You just have to
figure out the right dose through self experimentation.

Mitter, I heard the thyroid glands are removed on most commercial chicken; where do you obtain yours?

OP
L

Lucas

30 Celsius outside, a sunny day, and my temperature is only 36.1 Celsius at 15h. Nice.:(:(

yoshiesque

Just one question:

T3 should be taken in away from foods or whit food?

I have T3 produced by a pharmacist that has been making it for over 2 decades now. There is a practitioner they work with who has endorsed T3 for the same amount of time.

On the instructions it says "Take it 30mins before food or 2 hours after food"

I have been taking 2.5mcg (sometimes I try 5mcg) on an empty stomach and seem fine. Body temps do go up slightly afterwards so im sure its working.

Apparently taking it with food can make it harder to absorb

OP
L

Lucas

Hello.

I give up thyroid treatment, at least for now.

Every time I take t4 and t3 I get a suppressed TSH, Free T4 and Free T3 above range whit no increase in temperature, zero, nada…so hyperthyroid labs with hypo symptoms.

My temperature is 35.9 at wake up going up to 36.4 in the day, and never gets an increase whit thyroid.

So, I will treat first the two others conditions that showed on my labs before thyroid: high ferritin and low dhea-s.

My ferritin was 313, going down to 230 after IP6 use. I resumed taking IP6 now, will go whit it for 6 weeks than get my ferritin tested. Goal is to reach 50. My hypothesis is that the iron is deposited on my thyroid and making me hypo. We will see if lowering iron storage will increase my temperature or not.

The other thing is low S-Dhea. I bought 5mg dhea sublingual tablets from Enzymatic Therapy and will start taking one tablet a day. Goal is to increase my Dhea-S from 186 to 400 levels. My hypothesis is that my cortisol is high from low Dhea-S, so this explains why I don’t respond to thyroid therapy, because my cortisol is high. Also is strange that I have a puffy face whit skinny body, so water retention in my face, a sign of high cortisol?

So, my list of symptoms that I trying to correct is these:

- Constipation

- Low body temperature

- Fatigue

- Puffy face

- Pain in my leg joint whit weakness

- Thin hair that don’t grown

- Difficulty focusing, concentration

- Slow rate of speech

- I need to requires others to repeat themselves or speak slowly

- Difficulty finding words I am speak

- Thinning outer 1/3 eyebrow

- Restless leg when I try to relax and when I sleep.

I will try to l-tyrosine and mucuna prueriens for increasing dopamine. Had searching and find that my problem of difficulty find words, slow rate of speech, needing to others to repeat themselves and restless leg when I sleep cam comes from low dopamine. Maybe low dopamine shuts down the thyroid?? Also, my grandpa died from Parkinson, and I am 38 and have tremors in hand and head at least once a day.

I will keep everyone updated in my journey. I just want a normal temperature hoping that this will correct my problems.

OP
L

Lucas

Hello.

I have low body temperature (36.1 Celsius) but my pulse is ok (80-85 along the day).

I have high reverse T3, so I started taking T3 only.

The problem is I started whit 10 mcg a day, but now I am taking 180 mcg a day and nothing, no change on temperature!! But at same time, the symptoms of excess T3 (palpitations, anxiety, etc.) are not here, I fell the same, and my pulse is still 80-85!!

Can I have a huge resistance to thyroid hormone?

I think Ray Peat recently clarified about things that make you unresponsive to T3, perhaps it was the latest KMUD radio interview. Dangerous, though, having all that stuff inside you if something suddenly "unblocks".

Makrosky

Hello.

I have low body temperature (36.1 Celsius) but my pulse is ok (80-85 along the day).

I have high reverse T3, so I started taking T3 only.

The problem is I started whit 10 mcg a day, but now I am taking 180 mcg a day and nothing, no change on temperature!! But at same time, the symptoms of excess T3 (palpitations, anxiety, etc.) are not here, I fell the same, and my pulse is still 80-85!!

Can I have a huge resistance to thyroid hormone?
Hi,

If you look on the forum this has been mentioned before. I'm not sure but I can recall some posts stating that it can be due to a latent infection, Vitamin A deficiency, etc.

I think you should try to understand why are you unresponsive to such high doses before increasing it more.

Isn't 180mcg of T3 a really HUGE dose ? I think you should cut that immediately as Such mentioned.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals