My Hypothyroidism Journey

OP
L

Lucas

Last experiment with no success: iodine. Taking it, doses from 75 mcg to 12 mg only makes me cold and freeze.

Today is the last day of taking it. It is 25 Celsius outside and my hands and my body are very cold.

boris

Why did you take these massive doses of thyroid? Did you try what was recommended by Peat and the forum, nibbling on a single T3 tablet every few hours with food? And taking combniation of T4 and T3 at night? Did you change your diet? I see you ate straight potato starch for breakfast, not really reccomendable because of potential persorption and bacteria feeding = endotoxin = serotonin. I see you ate yoghurt. Hypothyroid people already have problems with lactic acid production, so additional lactic acid is not a good idea, hinders calcium to go to the right places. Rice lentils beef everyday is high in phosphorus, I don't see enough calcium in your diet to balance this. Rice + lentils = high carb, low nutrients. Increases serotonin production. Pure musclemeat increases serotonin. A lot of your diet increases serotonin. I would suggest you eat more peaty diet, more calcium, less phosphorus, more nutrient dense foods. Try serotonin antagonists.

What do you eat exactly in a week and how much of it? If you don't have the right fuel to produce sufficient energy, no medication or substance will make a difference or make things even worse.

Last edited:
OP
L

Lucas

Why did you take these massive doses of thyroid?
To see what happens. (in the case of 4 grains).

On 100 mcg T4 because at 88 mcg my TSH is 1,89, and I want this to be less than 1.

Did you try what was recommended by Peat and the forum, nibbling on a single T3 tablet every few hours with food?
Yes, but it doesn’t work, I feel more hypothyroid whit T3.

And taking combniation of T4 and T3 at night?
This gives-me insomnia.

Did you change your diet? I see you ate straight potato starch for breakfast, not really reccomendable because of potential persorption and bacteria feeding = endotoxin = serotonin. I see you ate yoghurt. Hypothyroid people already have problems with lactic acid production, so additional lactic acid is not a good idea, hinders calcium to go to the right places. Rice lentils beef everyday is high in phosphorus, I don't see enough calcium in your diet to balance this. Rice + lentils = high carb, low nutrients. Increases serotonin production. Pure musclemeat increases serotonin. A lot of your diet increases serotonin. I would suggest you eat more peaty diet, more calcium, less phosphorus, more nutrient dense foods. Try serotonin antagonists.
What do you eat exactly in a week and how much of it? If you don't have the right fuel to produce sufficient energy, no medication or substance will make a difference or make things even worse.
I don’t eat now yogurt or potato starch.

I added 2 grams of calcium a day and fells no difference.

But if is stopping eating rice or lentils I feel bad, very bad.

My protein comes from red meat, chicken and eggs. Whiteout protein on my lunch, I faint. I need protein in every meal.

I can’t tolerate serotonin antagonists, like cipro. I felt like a zombie on it.

I eat 3500 to 4000 calories every day, I eat 5 times a day, and I don’t lose or gain weight.

Thank you for your help.

boris

Do you do the liver and oysters once a week? It is important according to Ray.

I would skip the chicken, high PUFA, it blocks thyroid function. Red meat balance with gelatin or rich concentrated bone broth or eat glycine rich cuts like shanks or oxtail to avoid serotonin. Have you tried good uncultured cheese for protein?

Rice is ok if you get enough minerals, magnesium is important from well cooked vegetable like spinach and/or coffee or a good magnesium supplement. Rice well cooked with lots of water until it is soft to make the starch better digestable.

I read on the forum that lentis are the lesser harmful legumes, but I would ditch them. I don‘t think they offer any value.

For serotonin antagonist you can try Metergoline (idealabs) instead of cypro. Supposedly it works just as well but without the zombie feeling. I haven‘t tried yet myself, but I will soon.

Also you should do the daily raw carrot or well cooked mushroom to reduce endotoxin and estrogen. It makes a big difference for me.

-

I would try to adjust the diet and remove potential factors that inhibit thyroid to work properly then start from the beginning with the reccomended small frequent dose T3 and so on. Large dose long term is very unlikely to work (maybe some exceptions) and very likely to cause problems.

Last edited:
I don’t eat now yogurt or potato starch.

I added 2 grams of calcium a day and fells no difference.

But if is stopping eating rice or lentils I feel bad, very bad.

My protein comes from red meat, chicken and eggs. Whiteout protein on my lunch, I faint. I need protein in every meal.

I can’t tolerate serotonin antagonists, like cipro. I felt like a zombie on it.

I eat 3500 to 4000 calories every day, I eat 5 times a day, and I don’t lose or gain weight.

Thank you for your help.

"Did you try what was recommended by Peat and the forum, nibbling on a single T3 tablet every few hours with food?
Yes, but it doesn’t work, I feel more hypothyroid whit T3."

"And taking combniation of T4 and T3 at night?
This gives-me insomnia.
I eat 3500 to 4000 calories every day, I eat 5 times a day, and I don’t lose or gain weight."

you are slightly hyperthyroid maybe?
Everything really,but especially the meal-frequency and fainting.

Last edited:
OP
L

Lucas

I had an ultrasound of the thyroid gland after 1 month taking 125 mcg of Syntroid.

The ultrasound showed that my thyroid is atrophied, with a total volume of 5.2 cubic centimeters, when the normal is to have 8 to 12 cubic centimeters.

My question is whether it is normal for the thyroid to atrophy after taking the medication or if I am already going for a diagnosis of Atrophic thyroiditis. The strange thing is that I don't have Hashimoto, my antibodies are always low.

The ultrasound report says the following: An ultrasound study showing signs of a probable sequel to a chronic inflammatory process.

The last ultrasound done last year showed my thyroid with normal volume