Hans' fat loss journey

Gûs80

Sim, eu os vi. Mas tente não se empolgar muito com isso é melhor do que isso e agora posso comer uma tonelada disso e "deveria" perder gordura. Os humanos são diferentes dos animais. Eu nunca experimentei uma diferença no ganho de gordura ou perda de gordura se minha dieta era limpa ou não. Tudo se resume a calorias que entram e calorias que saem. Apenas os hard gainers podem comer um pouco mais do que a média, mas não devem ser a norma.
I agree with you about losing weight.

Since the date I posted the studies, I've replaced 100% of the starches with dairy, fruit, sugar and honey. I was pre-diabetic a few months ago. I took another test this week and bingo: my blood glucose dropped from 117 to 95, insulin dropped from 23 to 9 and triglycerides also dropped.

Definitely dr Ray Peat is correct about the impact of starches on diabetes.

I'm still testing the diet for weight loss as I had stagnated (-8kg of fat +2kg of muscle) after 3 months on a diet with 1g carb, 2g protein and 0.7g fat. When I switched from starches to sugars, I increased caloric and carbohydrate consumption aiming at breaking the plateau and decreasing fat aiming at the randle cycle, I went to 3g of carbohydrates, 2g of protein and 0.2g of fat/kg.

My weight increased by 2kg in that period, however my doctor gave me oxandrolone (3x 5mg) right when I started the experiment, so I still can't tell how much fat or muscle it was. In 45 days I will return to it for a new bioimpedance, so I intend to do a 30-day cutting diet exactly as I did with starches to compare.

I think that if the bodybuilder is bulking, including starches in the post-workout would be ideal, precisely because it causes a greater increase in insulin, which we know is the main existing anabolic hormone.

And for cutting keeping insulin low by avoiding starches would have the benefit of maximizing insulin sensitivity.

What do you think about this?

1649883147185.png

1649883158163.png

1649884111447.png

Attachments

• 1649882534917.png
    1649882534917.png
    47.3 KB · Views: 10
  • 1649882765090.png
    1649882765090.png
    49.9 KB · Views: 10
  • 1649882794495.png
    1649882794495.png
    50.8 KB · Views: 11

Gûs80

I wonder then how much sucrose humans need to get the same result?
I think it's extremely individualized. Look at the high consumption of Dr Ray Peat for example.

My paternal grandfather was another example: he died at the age of 100 very thin, eating a lot of sucrose, milk, coffee and very little starch (he preferred pumpkins).

I think that a thin person, with high insulin sensitivity, may have results similar to the study, where they can maintain or even decrease body weight even in caloric surplus.

Not me, as I had a lot of metabolic problems between 30 and 40 years old, which made me go to 30% BF. I'm currently at 23% so I know I can't play with calories just yet.

Who knows when I'm at 10%...

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
That's great man. The glucose fructose blend and the flavonoids are great for improving blood sugar and lowering inflammation.
I think that if the bodybuilder is bulking, including starches in the post-workout would be ideal, precisely because it causes a greater increase in insulin, which we know is the main existing anabolic hormone.
For natural guys, insulin is mainly anti-catabolic. No matter what kind of insulinogenic carb we slam, it will never have that same effect as exogenous insulin.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Looking strong and healthy @Hans. Thanks for sharing your journey.

Gûs80

Isso é ótimo cara. A mistura de glicose e frutose e os flavonóides são ótimos para melhorar o açúcar no sangue e reduzir a inflamação.

Para caras naturais, a insulina é principalmente anticatabólica. Não importa o tipo de carboidrato insulinogênico que consumimos, ele nunca terá o mesmo efeito que a insulina exógena.
Thanks for the answer. I didn't know naturals had a different effect.

Perhaps that's why we see so many hormone-boosting bodybuilders eat tons of jamin rice (higher starchy) for muscle building.

Something I found strange was my uric acid decreased even though I consumed a lot of fructose, it's below the minimum threshold.

1649887781271.png

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Looking strong and healthy @Hans. Thanks for sharing your journey.
Thanks! I hope it can inspire others as well. The one thing I realized with dieting thus far is that it takes longer that you'd expect, but it's not a bad idea thing. My energy, sleep, libido, focus, etc, are great and I'm still building muscle and gaining strength. So I'd say there is no real downside as long as it's not overdone.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Something I found strange was my uric acid decreased even though I consumed a lot of fructose, it's below the minimum threshold
That's great. Yeah higher uric acid is usually driven by inflammation and low thyroid hormones. So it clearly shows that fruit for you is much healthier than starches.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Thanks! I hope it can inspire others as well. The one thing I realized with dieting thus far is that it takes longer that you'd expect, but it's not a bad idea thing. My energy, sleep, libido, focus, etc, are great and I'm still building muscle and gaining strength. So I'd say there is no real downside as long as it's not overdone.
Definitely inspiring! My 70+ pound loss took almost 4 years (between ages 47-51) so I can relate to slow. I’m glad it was slow though because I think that’s safer and less stressful.

Last edited:

Sam321

I'm doing 1%, else my fat would be too low. And yes, whole milk adds up calories quickly. It's even a no go on a bulk for me because I get my fat other places.
I drink a small cup of whole milk before bed to sleep good. Rest of day I slam 1-2%.

Gûs80

That's great. Yeah higher uric acid is usually driven by inflammation and low thyroid hormones. So it clearly shows that fruit for you is much healthier than starches.
Hans, what method did you use to calculate your calorie consumption?

After I increased t3 and niacinamide I had hypoglycemia several times, I still haven't achieved an ideal caloric adjustment.

Great job:

Last edited:
OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Hans, what method did you use to calculate your calorie consumption?

After I increased t3 and niacinamide I had hypoglycemia several times, I still haven't achieved an ideal caloric adjustment.

Great job:
I just slowly lowered my calories over time while keeping an eye on my weight. I aimed for 2kg per month. But now that I'm around 92kg, I go much slower. Got dieting fatigue lol. So alternating maintenance with a deficit. And I don't care that fat loss is slow since I'm playing the long game. Not going to bulk after this. Just going to stick to maintenance and perhaps gain 0.5kg per month.
I don't use anything thyroid or metabolic stimulants, except coffee. Just let the body do its thing.

Gûs80

I just slowly lowered my calories over time while keeping an eye on my weight. I aimed for 2kg per month. But now that I'm around 92kg, I go much slower. Got dieting fatigue lol. So alternating maintenance with a deficit. And I don't care that fat loss is slow since I'm playing the long game. Not going to bulk after this. Just going to stick to maintenance and perhaps gain 0.5kg per month.
I don't use anything thyroid or metabolic stimulants, except coffee. Just let the body do its thing.
My current doctor is a bodybuilder. It has very good results with carb cycling. It keeps fat and protein stable and reduces carbs for 2 or 3 days and replenishes the day after. It seems to me to be less stressful than a long calorie deficit.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Update

I don't update as frequently since fat loss is boring and takes forever, especially since I'm doing it slowly in an attempt to retain as much muscle as possible while still building strength. It's been 10kg in 5 months (or is it 7 months? Deficit affecting cognition at this point. No, JK!), so I've been on point so far despite taking a few short breaks here and there.

Weight is now between 90-91kg. I thought I'd be leaner at this weight, but guess not. Lesson learned: whatever you think you need to lose, double that. I'm going down to 85, so not double in my case.

So far I don't feel any better or worse from losing the weight and having been in a small deficit intermittently. What I don't like is having to control my food intake so much. But when I'm down to 85 and I'm going back to maintenance, I'll have more playroom.

Link to my current physique.

Diet is mainly 1% milk and some 95% lean ground beef. Lots of coffees. Added in tripe now. Will shuffle things around this coming month just to keep things fresh.

Cloudhands

Update

I don't update as frequently since fat loss is boring and takes forever, especially since I'm doing it slowly in an attempt to retain as much muscle as possible while still building strength. It's been 10kg in 5 months (or is it 7 months? Deficit affecting cognition at this point. No, JK!), so I've been on point so far despite taking a few short breaks here and there.

Weight is now between 90-91kg. I thought I'd be leaner at this weight, but guess not. Lesson learned: whatever you think you need to lose, double that. I'm going down to 85, so not double in my case.

So far I don't feel any better or worse from losing the weight and having been in a small deficit intermittently. What I don't like is having to control my food intake so much. But when I'm down to 85 and I'm going back to maintenance, I'll have more playroom.

Link to my current physique.

Diet is mainly 1% milk and some 95% lean ground beef. Lots of coffees. Added in tripe now. Will shuffle things around this coming month just to keep things fresh.
no other carb sources?

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
no other carb sources?
Not really. Because I drink 4L milk, that's already 200g carbs. And to keep protein at 180-200g, I don't really have space for anything else. I'd like to add fruit and honey, but just don't have the calories for it now.

What is your overall hormonal profile?

IMO, low SHBG guys such as myself do terrible on High Carb Low Fat diets...

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
What is your overall hormonal profile?

IMO, low SHBG guys such as myself do terrible on High Carb Low Fat diets...
Haven't checked in a long time. But I have all the physical, mental and sexual energy that I want/need.

Gûs80

Not really. Because I drink 4L milk, that's already 200g carbs. And to keep protein at 180-200g, I don't really have space for anything else. I'd like to add fruit and honey, but just don't have the calories for it now.
Your diet with 4 liters of milk is very interesting.
I have already used Ozempic and when I drink 500ml of skim milk I notice a similar decrease in appetite. Researching I found this article very interesting showing that milk proteins increase glp-1 and regulate other factors related to appetite.

Do you feel any change in appetite by increasing milk in the diet?

"The present study demonstrates that BCAAs and dairy proteins stimulate GLP-1 release and downregulate the expression of genes involved in fatty acid and cholesterol absorption and synthesis in vitro. These findings provide an intestinal mechanism whereby dairy may deliver a benefit for the prevention and treatment of overweight and obesity."

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Your diet with 4 liters of milk is very interesting.
I have already used Ozempic and when I drink 500ml of skim milk I notice a similar decrease in appetite. Researching I found this article very interesting showing that milk proteins increase glp-1 and regulate other factors related to appetite.

Do you feel any change in appetite by increasing milk in the diet?

"The present study demonstrates that BCAAs and dairy proteins stimulate GLP-1 release and downregulate the expression of genes involved in fatty acid and cholesterol absorption and synthesis in vitro. These findings provide an intestinal mechanism whereby dairy may deliver a benefit for the prevention and treatment of overweight and obesity."
I definitely do. Just eating meat and fat doesn't nearly give me the same satiety as milk based on the same amount of calories. Milk is awesome. I'm currently doing 1%, but I'd like to switch to full fat after the cut. Lots of beneficial things in dairy fat as well.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals