Log / Day One

OP
Luann

Luann

Hm that's interesting.
Tried the Starbucks brand of orange juice today and the results were awful. I had less than four ounces I think and wound up with what felt like a nail through my eye during work. As well as clogged sinuses and neck pain in the right side of the head. It took ibuprofen, caffeine, and then some acetaminophen later before the pain even began to abate. My vision was blurred too and hands were shaking. Is this even normal for a food sensitivity?

meatbag

Hm that's interesting.
Tried the Starbucks brand of orange juice today and the results were awful. I had less than four ounces I think and wound up with what felt like a nail through my eye during work. As well as clogged sinuses and neck pain in the right side of the head. It took ibuprofen, caffeine, and then some acetaminophen later before the pain even began to abate. My vision was blurred too and hands were shaking. Is this even normal for a food sensitivity?

wow :dead:

I've had the starbucks one before, its called evolution or something if i remember correctly? Maybe yours is different if your out west or another country, not sure. Yeah I've had some that's good and some that's crazy sour and made me feel kinda like you describe. Its too bad you can't tell if its from ripe or sour oranges before shelling out all the pesos :greedy: Usually when I'm out I stick to coke and dr.peppa because I know it doesn't bother me or cause headaches; although you get some weird looks when your chuggin soda and popping salt tablets all day

BTW have you seen the posts on the forum about acetaminophen and ibuprofen? Kind of nasty stuff :vamp: I use caffeine, aspirin, and pregnenolone for headaches, sometime cyproheptadine too. A combination of those seems to help with just about any head troubles, glad I know about them now

Acetaminophen (Tylenol) Decreases Respiration By Changing Cardiolipin Composition

From Painkiller To Empathy Killer: Acetaminophen (paracetamol) Reduces Empathy For Pain

Acetaminophen In Pregnancy Linked To Austism, Possibly Through Serotonin

Acetaminophen raises serotonin/adrenaline, aspirin lowers it

OP
Luann

Luann

Haha yeah. And you know what at work that day, a couple of ladies came up to me and said, "You look sick, are you ok?" But most people just keep their distance and I think it's nice that you make that face because many people don't know or feel awkward about asking someone if they're ok, or even just saying, "That must have hurt a lot". I just noticed that not really meaning to, that day. And you're sweet.

Yes it was Evolve and this starbucks is in the eastern US and man it was so expensive, just to wind up pouring the rest down the drain because of the headache. Too true about there being no way to know whether the juice is a quality product.
Usually when I'm out I stick to coke and dr.peppa because I know it doesn't bother me or cause headaches; although you get some weird looks when your chuggin soda and popping salt tablets all day

Haha can relate! And to further your statement, the caffeine pops have even taken away my headaches at work.

No I didn't realize the "bad" NSAIDS were quite that bad. Ai. You know how you reach a point where it's just like..."Take this headache away! I don't care how!" But from now on I'm gonna be more cautious.

OP
Luann

Luann

Just left work because of feeling sick and exhausted. I have been taking about 2 or 3 times as much Niacin and glycine as usual and am not sure what's going on. My stomach hurt all night and this morning it took an hour to get dressed because it was so difficult to move and wake up. Is it too much glycine that makes me feel like a ragdoll? And the niacin, could that be causing the drowsiness and exhaustion too?

OP
Luann

Luann

Lunch is cheesy rice and chocolate milk mixed with 2 g of glycine, then 400 mcg of vitamin K1 all washed down with a dark roast.

I had to borrow some cortisol from my coworkers during the rest of the day

*grins*

OP
Luann

Luann

A horrible, pinching headache at work today, I felt ready to pass out and just like life had morphed into a nightmare.

Two more acetominephen, sigh, but it's the only pill that works so far.

Any thoughts on whether a fiber-free diet might help the headaches? I had an apple last night, and some vitamin K that was new from GNC, but nothing else out of the ordinary. Just trying to think of things that are triggering the headaches.

OP
Luann

Luann

I started 8mg of copper a day to treat a deficiency that started this spring. My belly is really bloated now.

OP
Luann

Luann

The copper, glycine, and orange juice concentrate are making my skin look younger, which was saggy around the mouth for a while.

Since starting the concentrate I have had no orange juice headaches, and I look forward to eating it in the morning. Sometimes with marshmallows or caramel sauce. It leaves me feeling relaxed.

I'm taking a small amount of K1, measured in mcgs, and notice only benefits from increasing the amount day to day.

Take your niacin and glycine with your biggest meal, they are anabolic supps, not useful for daily energy catabolism.

OP
Luann

Luann

Thanks Robknob that's very helpful as I still get nausea and a rag-doll feeling from Niacin.

I'm taking a break from coffee this morning but expect to have a half-strength iced coffee and some Dr. Pepper at work.

What-a-Riot

Actually the high carbs reducing oxidation of dietary fats is why i keep try to eat a good amount of largely saturated / monounsaturated fat. I always see the link to that thread about why fruitarians don't look younger, and i think maybe it's because even if they're eating low fat and so also low PUFA, most of what they're getting is polyunsaturated, and maybe they're storing most of it because of the high proportion of carbs. Now there are probably other issues with fruitarian diets, and frankly i'm not 100% sure what constitutes 'fruitarian.' My main point is, the issue of ideal macronutrient ratio to take advantage of even having an awareness of the PUFAs as primary drivers of instability throughout the body is still really confusing.

OP
Luann

Luann

Isn't storing fat less harmful than oxidizing fat? The liver removes PUFA's without burning them.

Fruitarians have nutrient deficiencies; tyw posted the anecdote of birds who ate more PUFA actually living longer because they were getting more minerals with the unsaturated fats.

OP
Luann

Luann

Had some green olives at breakfast. I'm considering eating more MUFA to detox the polyunsaturated fat faster.

OP
Luann

Luann

I am trying to speed up glucuronidation and found this list online of things needed for the process.

"L-glutamine, aspartic acid, iron, magnesium, B3 (niacin) and B6".

I get calcium glucarate from canned orange juice.

I'm going to take a little vitamin A to increase the iron in my blood and maybe some form of aspartic acid. Any thoughts on how else to induce the detox process more quickly?

OP
Luann

Luann

I sort of have something to report.

I tried cycling my meals so to get at least one at night. I woke up at least once each night, for a week and a half, to mimic the glucose in link above, knowing I couldn't really mimic the continuous feeding. I managed food every three - four hours, and hourly during the day.

I lost about six pounds in that week and half. This is on non-fat diet. Three days later I'm still at the lower weight.

It's so backwards from what we hear about fat burning these days. Think my metabolism either went up, or my liver processed some of the junk fatty acids, not sure. True story though.

OP
Luann

Luann

Feeling really cozy, sleepy, and friendly today. Don't know why but here's what I'm taking.

800 mcg K2
8mg copper
manganese
glycine
2 grams vitamin C
and a couple times a week, 2 grams of calcium d-glucarate.

My diet is sushi rice, chocolate skim milk, fat-free cheese, Pepsi, and OJ today.

OP
Luann

Luann

A couple great things today.

I took niacinamide for the first time last night and experienced a few feelings I haven't had recently. One of them, waking up with a sense of wanting to do things *right* and being really refreshed, rather than just continuing the day before. The other feeling was getting really giddy, with a feeling of sparli-ness and grace and balance, near the end of my work shift. I just wanted to say things to people and joke and move around and stretch. I think having a Dr Pepper helped too! But Dr Pepper doesn't always make me feel this good, I credit the niacinamide.

The other great thing was taking salt with my OJ concentrate today. After eating this and some hershey's syrup on top, I felt very relaxed and flexible.

Goodnight and may everyone have good results too :)

OP
Luann

Luann

I'm stopping the niacinamide as I have biotin coming in the mail, and expect that I get enough tryptophan to convert into adequate niacin now that I have biotin for help with glucose metabolism and all the body processes that require that.

I'm not sure high fructose diets are for everybody and tend to assume most people have mild copper deficiencies which are made worse by lots of fructose. Am working on using Hershey's 5 ingredient syrup (cane and invert sugars) and real sugar Pepsi for my extra carbs per day.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom