Integra Against Thunder Thighs

Integra

For the umpteenth time, I lazy-searched for how to lose fat.

Then I ran into this video by Chris Masterjohn.

"This is how the world works," I thought, downloaded MFP, and logged what I ate for a week.

Before I show the stats, a quick reflection on the experience: it was a laborious process and I do not intend to do that ever again. To be counting calories daily like that is, I believe, a waste of calories. But it also gave me some good information to help me get myself in the best ******* shape of my life.

This is how I learned that, at 1.70m (5'7") and 73 kg (160 lbs), on average I consume:

stats.jpg

So... let's say I wanna dial it down to 1800 cals, how do I roll around the macros?
What dictates satiety, other than mere calories? It seems that my protein intake has been really stable and never lower than 80 g. I get most of it from dairy, eggs, gelatin, occasional seafood, and very rarely, meat.

I should also say that I have a lot of muscle. I'm one of those kids with hypothyriodism-induced fake muscular hypertrophy so puberty was kind and I developed a nice physique, but with embarrassingly little stamina to back it up. I hold most of my fat in my upper arms and legs. Very little on the stomach.

On the other hand, I see now eat a lot of fat. Both cheese and chocolate. Never at the same time though. I realize it might be a good idea to reduce it, but... with my mood swings and sleepless nights, fat is a good, old friend--so, while I realize the estrogen connection and I'm willing, I was wondering if would someone know what the minimum fat intake would be to keep stable moods and okay sleep?

I'll try to sketch out a daily food list with calories and macros next.

Last edited:

Sucrates

I find below 40g of fat for a few days affects my GI system negatively, so I eat 40-60g most days. You might find bringing protein up to 100g and fat down to 50 might help. I think 2500-1800 is too big a jump. 2200 might be better (IF you do need to et less). I'd keep fat to 15g per meal too, some data suggests more may increase endotoxin transport (though strong data only supports metabolic effects around 30g, even then it might be type of fat and health status dependent). More coffee and frequent meals might help. I tend to reach for the chocolate or ice cream when I haven't eaten in a long time. More frequent eating might make lowering fat easier.

Day 5 - 2782 kcal
Day 6 - 3430 kcal

You only ate 3 g of carbs and 1 g of fat more on Day 6 than Day 5 - where do the 700 kcal come from? The macros don't add up.

OP
Integra

Integra

Day 5 - 2782 kcal
Day 6 - 3430 kcal

You only ate 3 g of carbs and 1 g of fat more on Day 6 than Day 5 - where do the 700 kcal come from? The macros don't add up.

Hey, thanks! Uh...I don't know. I think I fiddled with MFP that day and accidentally deleted some entries... But I do know I ate a lot more then. :D

OP
Integra

Integra

No no no, nothing wrong with TT! :rockoutBut I wouldn't mind the thigh-applause being a little quieter! That is, if I ran. Which I don't.

In fact, I think running (jogging) made things worse when I did it. I was quite a jogger during my late teens. Luckily, now I eat ice-cream and sugared coffee because I know better.

No no no, nothing wrong with TT! :rockoutBut I wouldn't mind the thigh-applause being a little quieter! That is, if I ran. Which I don't.

In fact, I think running (jogging) made things worse when I did it. I was quite a jogger during my late teens. Luckily, now I eat ice-cream and sugared coffee because I know better.

concrete is too hard to be jogging on. short intense sprints are better.

as far as keeping the clapping down, high dhea strengthens the fascia, which is the thin sheath of muscle underneath the skin that keeps you looked toned.

Yoga and stretching is also helpful