Hans' fat loss journey

Brandin

No fasting for me haha. Some people say fasting helps them manage hunger and that you shouldn't be afraid of hunger and that hunger is just a part of the deficit. Well, I've found that eating specific foods eliminates hunger while in the deficit, which is very nice. It honestly doesn't feel like I'm in a deficit which makes it a whole lot easier.

What did you do differently on your lastest cut?
I actually didnt take asmuch aspirin as I usually take. 1-2 aspirins will do for me. Coffee milk and sugar felt awesome. But didnt do coffee in my milk all the time cause I still wanted the milk to be as anabolic as possible (igf-1 and something more?). Sarsaparilla and forskolin combo (seems like it helps me get leaner even after hehe). Higher protein (just added egg white liquid and collagen protein in my milk.

I really made sure to do everything In my capabillity to increase reps or weight (while still maintaining form) on my exercises. Feels like this had a huge impact.

Vanset

From my 8 day experience with MCT, those calories do count. It did take me out of the deficit and I didn't lose any weight. I prob needed 30 day to properly see the effects though.
In the case that it did take me out of my deficit, I'd either have to cut carbs or fat or both to re-create a deficit. But my fat intake is already at like 55g daily, so that would mean I'd have to remove eggs, which I'm not willing to do.
i wonder, how many eggs per day is that for you?

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
i wonder, how many eggs per day is that for you?
Back then it was only 3 eggs. Now I shoot for 6-12 daily, depending on appetite and if I want to have 2 smoothies vs only 1.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Dec fat loss
Dec fat loss.jpg

Orange dots were the days I try MCT in my deficit. I didn't count the MCT as calories. Whoever said that MCT is a calorie-less calorie is wrong...at least in my case. I prevented fat loss.
Black dots are when I tried slow-carb. Beef and beans and lentil. I liked the approach. Very satiating. Proved to me that metabolic flexibility is all about what you eat as discussed here.
Orange dots are when I combined egg smoothies and slow carb diet. On a milk-only diet, I crave salt and salty beef doesn't hit the spot, so that was a nice mix. Going forward I'm going to have ground beef and apple instead of lentil and see how that works for me.
Blue dots are when I got sick. Not sure what kind of viral infection it was, but I had fever and muscle achiness initially. Then I got a slight cough, my ears are a little blocked and I have a slight sinus congestion. My muscles are feeling hypometabolic as of now during my recovery.

All in all, fat loss was on point until I got sick, then my weight took a nosedive. I'm just trying to eat protein and calories to minimize muscle loss. For the next day or 2 I'm going to consume more broth, since that's anti-inflammatory and will speed up regeneration from this unfortunate event.

David90

Thanks man. I have been doing minimal rowing this year. Only pullups and front lever training.
Sounds Good to me. Even Kinobody said once, that (Weighted) Pull Ups are maybe all that is needed for sufficient back growth. Of Course it can't hurt to do some Rowing, because it has additional Benefits.

I have done (a few weeks before) a Speciliazation Phase for the Back with 14-16 Sets per Week for Back, while giving other Muscle Groups only the Maintenace Volume (MV). I Noticed quickly that the Back was getting Broader. Especially my Dress Shirts we're getting tight....lol

GreekDemiGod

Sounds Good to me. Even Kinobody said once, that (Weighted) Pull Ups are maybe all that is needed for sufficient back growth. Of Course it can't hurt to do some Rowing, because it has additional Benefits.

I have done (a few weeks before) a Speciliazation Phase for the Back with 14-16 Sets per Week for Back, while giving other Muscle Groups only the Maintenace Volume (MV). I Noticed quickly that the Back was getting Broader. Especially my Dress Shirts we're getting tight....lol
My back grew wider doing lots of rowing: cable rows, bent over dumbbell rows, chest supported dumbbell rows, 1 arm DB rows.
Pull-ups too, but didn't progress on them in a long time.

David90

My back grew wider doing lots of rowing: cable rows, bent over dumbbell rows, chest supported dumbbell rows, 1 arm DB rows.
Pull-ups too, but didn't progress on them in a long time.
Rows in General are rather good for back thickness. But they can also be done with slight variations (for example, Cable Rows with a V Grip Attachment, close to the Body) to target also more Lats.

In my Full Body Workouts i do Weighted Chin Ups. As well as Cable Rows (with MAG Grip Attachment) and Dumbbell Gorilla Row and/or Dumbbell Tripod Row (shout out to Athlean X for these two row variations).

Deadlifts are also targeting the back (and the spinal erectors) to a high degree. But since they are also targeting so much leg musculature, i rather view them as a lower body exercise.

Mauritio

So, how is it going ?

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
So, how is it going ?
Going good. Close to 96kg. When I started using DHEA, my weight went up a little and stayed up for a while and it's dropping again now.
Taking it slow. I'm eating a bit more, but I'm also more active now.

Mauritio

Going good. Close to 96kg. When I started using DHEA, my weight went up a little and stayed up for a while and it's dropping again now.
Taking it slow. I'm eating a bit more, but I'm also more active now.
Nice , so you already lost 8kg.
The same happens to me when I take DHEA.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Nice , so you already lost 8kg.
The same happens to me when I take DHEA.
Basically 7kg so far. From 103 to 96kg. I'm doing a bit more parkour. About 2 60min extra sessions per week. Also more mini-tramp work. So activity is up definitely. I'm also currently experimenting with starches pre-workout vs egg smoothie since I observed something interesting. Not going to share results yet, as I need some more time.
DHEA is interesting. Muscle hardness increased so I think it could be more glycogen and water-related inside the muscle, which is a good thing.

jtoro

Basically 7kg so far. From 103 to 96kg. I'm doing a bit more parkour. About 2 60min extra sessions per week. Also more mini-tramp work. So activity is up definitely. I'm also currently experimenting with starches pre-workout vs egg smoothie since I observed something interesting. Not going to share results yet, as I need some more time.
DHEA is interesting. Muscle hardness increased so I think it could be more glycogen and water-related inside the muscle, which is a good thing.
Are you still keeping same macros, total calories?

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Are you still keeping same macros, total calories?
Calories are a bit up, like 2400-2500, but that's because I'm more active. Protein is the same. Fats and carbs vary, but only minorly.

aniciete

For sure. It feels like I'm an infant in my strength journey haha. I'm logging everything and numbers are going up perfectly. It's just a balancing act with sprints, calisthenics and some strength movements, such as bench, military press, Zercher and deadlift.
What kind of routine do you do for sprints? Do you sets of sprints or stop when you start to feel tired?

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
What kind of routine do you do for sprints? Do you sets of sprints or stop when you start to feel tired?
I do a variety of different drills and regular short-distance sprints. Usually, go till I lose velocity.

Sam321

I've been trying to find an article you wrote about a year ago talking about how to help the liver detox.
The stack you were talking about was effectively...

Niacinimide
Taurine
Gelatin
Caffeine

You had specific recommendations on quantities that I was interested in. Do you happen to know the article im talking about or have an idea what those dosage amounts were?

I think optimizing my liver is the main issue impeding my sleep and weight loss in general.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
I've been trying to find an article you wrote about a year ago talking about how to help the liver detox.
The stack you were talking about was effectively...

Niacinimide
Taurine
Gelatin
Caffeine

You had specific recommendations on quantities that I was interested in. Do you happen to know the article im talking about or have an idea what those dosage amounts were?

I think optimizing my liver is the main issue impeding my sleep and weight loss in general.
Was it perhaps this liver article.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals