Hans' fat loss journey

Risingfire

I've near maxed out my natural potential. I can still gain maturity and more definition, but that will be a long journey over many years. Doing a deficit for 3 months or so isn't going to set me back
Do you still believe you can gain strength consistently at this point? I said to you a year or two ago that you hit a peak and think I hit close to my genetic protentional. And you thought I could continue to gain strength. Either way good luck on your cutting journey

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Hi @Hans
Do you mind sharing your source on molasses? Do you use it daily? Thanks.
I do use it daily at about 4 tbsp, which gives me a significant amount of nutrients if you believe cronometer. Just an SA brand, nothing special.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Im so hyped to see you leaner since you got alot of mass!
Yeah man, I'm also super excited. For some reason this cut doesn't feel like I'm throwing my (strength and hypertrophy) goals away, which it did feel like in the past lol.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Do you still believe you can gain strength consistently at this point? I said to you a year or two ago that you hit a peak and think I hit close to my genetic protentional. And you thought I could continue to gain strength. Either way good luck on your cutting journey
For sure. It feels like I'm an infant in my strength journey haha. I'm logging everything and numbers are going up perfectly. It's just a balancing act with sprints, calisthenics and some strength movements, such as bench, military press, Zercher and deadlift.

76er

About 7 days ago. Why?
Regarding the MCT oil addition. I've also read your MCT oil, liquid rocket fuel article.

I'd like to experiment with MCT to aid in weight loss.

To lose weight I need to keep an eye on my fat intake.

Something like 90-100 grams of fat per 3K calories a day will induce weight loss for me.

MCT oil has 14 fat grams per tablespoon.

Does that mean I need to cut back my other fat sources to stay at my daily fat numbers (90g-100g)?

Or can I just add in the MCT oil and not worry about its fat contribution because of its other qualities
(explained in the article)?

blackface

Hey! @Hans can you share few cronometer screens what are you eating right now?

I know you were off and on starches. Do you eat them right now (what Linda if you eat them). Thank you.

Risingfire

For sure. It feels like I'm an infant in my strength journey haha. I'm logging everything and numbers are going up perfectly. It's just a balancing act with sprints, calisthenics and some strength movements, such as bench, military press, Zercher and deadlift.
How old are you?

Broken man

Low fat diet for losing weight seems the best in terms of retaining health. Belly fat is going to add on to the fat content you eat, so eating moderate fat would end up equivalent to burning mod-high fat. Eating some saturates, E and aspirin would be good to limit the released pufa storm and everything that comes along with that.

Uncoupling with aspirin, caffeine and mb hasn't had much effect for me in terms of losing weigh, I wonder if its due to aspirins inhibition of fat burning in high doses by inhibition of carnitine pathway, or whether you need to be in a caloric surplus to get the effects. I mean I did get increased caloric burning from it, but causing a deficit and burning fat didnt happen. Ive tried dnp in the past, which was really moronic thing to do, but the effect of even low dose dnp (200mg) is magnitudes different from a,c,mb stack. Though my uncoupling failure could be from excess endotoxin and suboptimal thyroid, which Im currently in the fixing.

Been thinking of doing something similar to tca300, once the time is right. Gained stupid amount of weight when I had bad latent infection.
How much methylene blue did you use?

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Regarding the MCT oil addition. I've also read your MCT oil, liquid rocket fuel article.

I'd like to experiment with MCT to aid in weight loss.

To lose weight I need to keep an eye on my fat intake.

Something like 90-100 grams of fat per 3K calories a day will induce weight loss for me.

MCT oil has 14 fat grams per tablespoon.

Does that mean I need to cut back my other fat sources to stay at my daily fat numbers (90g-100g)?

Or can I just add in the MCT oil and not worry about its fat contribution because of its other qualities
(explained in the article)?
From my 8 day experience with MCT, those calories do count. It did take me out of the deficit and I didn't lose any weight. I prob needed 30 day to properly see the effects though.
In the case that it did take me out of my deficit, I'd either have to cut carbs or fat or both to re-create a deficit. But my fat intake is already at like 55g daily, so that would mean I'd have to remove eggs, which I'm not willing to do.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Hey! @Hans can you share few cronometer screens what are you eating right now?

I know you were off and on starches. Do you eat them right now (what Linda if you eat them). Thank you.
I do eat black beans at the moment as an experiment. 2 days in now.
But before that, no starches. On a mainly milk diet, I crave salt easily, specifically from starches. Meat doesn't really hit that spot.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Just wanted to see it in relation to the weight loss graph you put up. thanks
I added the MCT after that graph. Here is the graph after I added MCT. During this time I had sushi one day as well and pepper steak pie another.
MCT graph.jpg

youngsinatra

I do eat black beans at the moment as an experiment. 2 days in now.
But before that, no starches. On a mainly milk diet, I crave salt easily, specifically from starches. Meat doesn't really hit that spot.
Interesting!
I love the combo of black beans, lean beef and salt at the moment. And interestingly enough I have no digestive issues with them - while fruits can upset my stomach easily.

It‘s very filling and they seem to keep blood sugar really stable for a longer time unlike other starches.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Interesting!
I love the combo of black beans, lean beef and salt at the moment. And interestingly enough I have no digestive issues with them - while fruits can upset my stomach easily.

It‘s very filling and they seem to keep blood sugar really stable for a longer time unlike other starches.
Same here. I add a little braai spice, Worchester sauce and it's amazing. I'm using top sirloin atm and might experiment with a slightly high-fat content beef. Will see.

Brandin

Yeah man, I'm also super excited. For some reason this cut doesn't feel like I'm throwing my (strength and hypertrophy) goals away, which it did feel like in the past lol.
Haha I know how both of those situations feel. Had a very bad cut a couple years ago but my latest one was legendary ;). Albeit I did hella fasting in the former one haha

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Haha I know how both of those situations feel. Had a very bad cut a couple years ago but my latest one was legendary ;). Albeit I did hella fasting in the former one haha
No fasting for me haha. Some people say fasting helps them manage hunger and that you shouldn't be afraid of hunger and that hunger is just a part of the deficit. Well, I've found that eating specific foods eliminates hunger while in the deficit, which is very nice. It honestly doesn't feel like I'm in a deficit which makes it a whole lot easier.

What did you do differently on your lastest cut?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals