The Dance of Mandance

OP
mandance

mandance

Also im not sure...but I feel like since starting cynoplus I feel somewhat more sluggish and weak/tired...not bad but mroe than usual. Its hard to tell if its actually the cynoplus though. I think that can happen if you get some revere t3 action happening in you. So it could be that some people, maybe you and me both...are not good candidates to take this stuff.

iLoveSugar

mandance said:
Also im not sure...but I feel like since starting cynoplus I feel somewhat more sluggish and weak/tired...not bad but mroe than usual. Its hard to tell if its actually the cynoplus though. I think that can happen if you get some revere t3 action happening in you. So it could be that some people, maybe you and me both...are not good candidates to take this stuff.

I did have a higher than normal RT3. I, however, have always felt terrible CFS symptoms on any thyroid. I never had these symptoms pre T3. I have off/on experimented, and I can't kick these CFS symptoms. It's been almost 24 hours since my last T3, and I actually feel even worse now than when I normally take it. Agh..

HDD

“The liver has to convert T4 to T3 for it to be effective. It needs glucose and selenium to make the conversion. Adequate protein, at least 80 grams per day, is necessary. Sea food, once a week will provide selenium, two quarts of milk and a quart of orange juice would provide many of the other essential nutrients. Taking T4 at bedtime sometimes is helpful. Most people feel best on a ratio of T4:T3 of 4:1 or less. Checking the relaxation rate of the Achilles reflex is a quick way to check the effect of the thyroid on your nerves and muscles; the relaxation should be instantaneous, loose and floppy.”

"When too little protein, or the wrong kind of protein, is eaten, there is a stress reaction, with thyroid suppression. Many of the people who don’t respond to a thyroid supplement are simply not eating enough good protein.”

It seems getting enough proper nutrition is extremely important for success with T4/T3. Putting foods in something like cronometer is helpful.

OP
mandance

mandance

Yeah, you might feel bad for a few days. I know I did from cynomel but it went away after that. I dont feel that fatigued like I did on cynomel...im up and doing stuff and went on a walk but it did make me feel more lazy. Im only taking like an 8th also. But I think the cynomel is probably harder to handle than cynoplus. Cynomel made me feel amazing for a few days, but then I crashed by the 3rd day on it.

Im going to keep going with the cynoplus either way and just try to consume more milk and OJ and protein. Im only planning on using it to get through this tough time.
I dont think the CFS like symptoms are permanent..but if it makes you feel that bad you should def stop taking it. I had heart palps also on it.

I cant find much info but cynoplus, especially at such low doses...is pretty safe right? I mean if peat takes it, I cant imagine there is much serious risks.

Also does anyone know if there is any risk in taking thryoid and benzos...like if you took a thyroid and xanax. I try not to take them but sometimes I have no choice. Because I believe thryoid speeds up heart rate, but xanax lowers it. I could be wrong..but that seems like a risky contradiction.

iLoveSugar

I think it's safe, as I seen it mentioned elsewhere that people take a benzo to get out of a hyper state. I've also seen it be recommended that juicing some cabbage helps relatively quick.

With my symptoms, it's odd, because even though I am tired, sluggish, droggy, and hypo feeling, I still have a low heart rate, etc. No idea if this T3 is causing this or not. Soo confusing! I just emailed RP and he indicated that taking T3 alone, or T3 alone, added with some cynoplus is probably the best bet, because T4/T3 won't work right if the liver isn't properly working.

OP
mandance

mandance

Yeah, its tricky business to get thyroid right. So are you saying to change the ratio to something like 2:1 t4 t4 to t3?

When I told him about the cynomel crash he just told me to take cynoplus instead with milk and OJ and to take it at night. His thinking was that I crashed due to not taking it with anything and the liver attacking it causing the fatigue etc.

iLoveSugar

I told him my issues today, and he wrote:

"If the liver isn't working right, T4 can't work. That's the reason the combination or T3 alone can be so much more consistently effective".

"T4 is valuable for lowering TSH and for allowing the liver to regulate T3 as needed. T3 is the one that increases energy production, temperature, heart rate, oxygen use, etc".

OP
mandance

mandance

Yes ok, that makes sense. I know a girl who could not use cynoplus for some reason. It didnt work well for her...but when she started taking pure cynomel throughout the day nibbles here and there...it worked very well.

iLoveSugar

mandance said:
Yes ok, that makes sense. I know a girl who could not use cynoplus for some reason. It didnt work well for her...but when she started taking pure cynomel throughout the day nibbles here and there...it worked very well.

The nibbling throughout the day is exactly what I tried. It either made me worse, or did nothing. Beings I am 23 hours removed from my last dose of 4 mcg, I feel like it was doing nothing. I still feel junky.

OP
mandance

mandance

Yeah, hang in there. It was horrible I do recall. It will go away though. Might take another day or 2. I remember feeling like I could hardly even move. And my legs felt like jello. Just get lots of rest.

OP
mandance

mandance

arg, i dont think my body is liking thryroid either..ive been eating a lot today...but I think im just so sensitive since getting of SSRIs that the increased heart rate makes me feel more anxious. I know it is working because my pulse seems to be around 80 which is like 5 points higher than usual and its only been 3 days. I dont feel warmer though...unless I eat a meal. My depression has been better though.

I no longer feel like I am in the depths of hell mentally, I think meditation has also greatly helped as well. Focusing my mind on the present and not in the past or future is a big help.

Derealisation was back again today though but maybe not as bad as it is usually? But im not as upset by it considering yesturday I felt like it was very much minimized..so that gives me hope that it is something that will fade away over time.

The nature of withdrawals seems to be that you feel like you are turning the corner sometimes, but then you can get thrown back a month by crazy symtpoms again...I guess all the receptor action going on can really make the recovery unpredictable. Overall though, my friends and family all seem to think ive come a long way from where I was in the first month or 2.

Not sure to keep taking cynoplus with the anxiety happenign but I will keep at it for awhile...the anxiety could be complete coicedence..or maybe me just being nervous about taking the cynoplus itself. I believe it is important to keep at it though and give it at least a month perhaps. I should have a fresh bottle arrive within a few weeks...this one is probably expired...possibly even by years lol

In the meantime I am working and keeping up with walks and my discipline (thanks aquaman) I am making sure to eat more carbs and limit ice cream and fat. I need to get a heat lamp soon...I am sure that will help a lot. I am also limiting computer time and reading more...even though the TV is usually on in the background...but i just got the new iphone so that is distracting me from avoiding screens also lol.

Ive been reading the power of now...I recommend it to anyone who struggles with suffering or pain in their life. Its a book very obviously influenced by buddhism, tao and christiantiy..but the philosophy is powerful and its a good practice to add to your health I think.

Swandattur

That seems a good sign that your friends and family think you are better. Sometimes it's hard to see it in yourself. That's good you are doing things to encourage yourself like the reading.

OP
mandance

mandance

Yeah, I cant really tell although some days its obviously better like yesturday. But then things can backslide again sometimes. Its a lot of ups and downs. Anyone want to hop aboard? lol

I have so much empathy for what you've been through and are still going through as I've been there myself. It's a hard road to travel, but I know you will come out of this hell with a much stronger sense of self. Since your into reading, I highly recommend a book called "Dying to Be Me" by Anita Moorjani. It's about her near death experience and the lessons she learned while she was on the other side. She had end stage cancer (Hodgkin’s Lymphoma) and went into a coma and her organs stopped functioning. She wasn't expected to make it past 36 hours. Here is her website http://anitamoorjani.com/about-anita/nd ... -to-anita/

You can even check out her interviews on youtube and also one of her more recent talks she did in Sedona. Here's the link if your interested http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvmABrII35c

I know you are trying to limit your computer time, but I think you will really benefit from what she has to say. She's a very genuine and wise lady and leaves you feeling better about yourself and empowered no matter what health or life challenges you are facing. I know her story may not sound like it applies to everyone, but trust me, it does. Her story of her NDE is not so much about death as it is about life!

I hope you find the mental and soul peace you deserve, mandance.

Love and Blessings,
Jennifer

OP
mandance

mandance

Hey Jennifer, thank you so much for the kind words and compassion. I will def. check out those links and get the book. I am open minded to anything anyone thinks could be of help. I really appreciate it. You said you have been through this also? Might I ask what your experience was? I am assuming you also went through some bad antidepressant withdrawals for a long time I take it? Sounds like you are in a good place now as your message sounds very positive. Thanks again for the encouragement, it means a lot :)

OP
mandance

mandance

Here are some lab results from a few months ago.

Glucose: 83
Cholesterol total: 159
Testosterone: 217!
Free T: 5.97 which is very low in the range of acceptable.
t4: 1.22
AM Cortisol: 16.6 (this is during withdrawals and crazy anxiety)
TSH: 2.4
Prolactin: 2.5
Estrogen: 5.7
Vit D: 27 (very low)

Anyone know why Peatarian is closed?

Peata

Mandance, were you able to save the responses you received over at Peatarian? Hope so. That was a lot of good info. Maybe you can repost it here.

OP
mandance

mandance

I cant :( I had it bookmarked..now it says its closed? Maybe its just temporary. Was hoping to post these numbers over there also. Ill keep checking it over the weekend. If I can get back in, ill repost all the messages.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals