Berberine - Insulin Resistance Help!

Milan555

I'm a 30yo male and am dealing with some potential issues with insulin resistance. My SHBG is low at 10, which is very bottom of the range. I've also seen elevated Triglycerides and LDL cholesterol.

Total testosterone always test low at 300ish.

I'm trying to see if reversing some degree of insulin resistance can help raise my testosterone to healthier levels. I will be modifying my diet, increasing daily exercise, and managing my stress/sleep.

Does anyone have experience using berberine as a supplement to help fix insulin resistance and raise SHBG? Do you think the increase in SHBG can have the effect of RAISING my total testosterone and making me feel the effects of testosterone?

Tarmander

Berberine can be great...i cannot speak to your specific question, but can tell you berberine is as powerful as rifaximin as an antibiotic. Therefore it can cause or cure a lot of gut distress depending on what condition your gut is in. If endotoxin is causing some of your issues, it may help quite a bit.

Sumbody

I'm a 30yo male and am dealing with some potential issues with insulin resistance. My SHBG is low at 10, which is very bottom of the range. I've also seen elevated Triglycerides and LDL cholesterol.

Total testosterone always test low at 300ish.

I'm trying to see if reversing some degree of insulin resistance can help raise my testosterone to healthier levels. I will be modifying my diet, increasing daily exercise, and managing my stress/sleep.

Does anyone have experience using berberine as a supplement to help fix insulin resistance and raise SHBG? Do you think the increase in SHBG can have the effect of RAISING my total testosterone and making me feel the effects of testosterone?

I took Berberine for about a month along with neem oil capsules, and oil of oregano. I felt that the Berberine made me feel somewhat sleepy nearly the entire time I took it. It also seemed to have a negative effect on libido for me.

But at the time I was also taking very large doses of B2 and B3, so not too sure how all this affected one another but sometime after that month I tested 100 on a fasting glucose test with being just one point in the "pre-diabetic" stage. The highest my blood sugar ever been in my life. A1c reflected just under that as well.

There could have been other factors but I didn't see any blood sugar benefits, but it did help my digestive bloating for a couple months.

Lejeboca

I took Berberine for about a month along with neem oil capsules, and oil of oregano. I felt that the Berberine made me feel somewhat sleepy nearly the entire time I took it. It also seemed to have a negative effect on libido for me.

But at the time I was also taking very large doses of B2 and B3, so not too sure how all this affected one another but sometime after that month I tested 100 on a fasting glucose test with being just one point in the "pre-diabetic" stage. The highest my blood sugar ever been in my life. A1c reflected just under that as well.

There could have been other factors but I didn't see any blood sugar benefits, but it did help my digestive bloating for a couple months.

Just want to mention that there is much has been posted about berberine on RPF already Berberine , including @Tarmander 's "riveting interaction" with Ray on this issue ;) .

Sumbody

Just want to mention that there is much has been posted about berberine on RPF already Berberine , including @Tarmander 's "riveting interaction" with Ray on this issue ;) .

LOL! Thanks!

Yeah I think it has positives and negatives, I would never personally take it for more than 3-4 weeks at a time. And mostly for its antibacterial properties.

I couldn't stand the sleepy feeling effect it seemed to produce for me but I stuck with it. Seems to be a common side effect of it after researching that.

Definitely does different things for different folks.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals