Shrimp's Peat Log- Thyroid, Anxiety And Acne Issues, Oh My!

OP
S

Shrimp

Haha! I just saw that I named my log after the Wizard of Oz like you!!! I've browsed through your log - I'm so sorry about your difficulties. I hope you find relief soon.
Hey KellyP, thanks for stopping by my log! Nice title for yours, as well. :P Hope you are having more luck with Peaty things than I have so far haha.

I was wondering where all these "Oh My's" were coming from. :lol:

Search Results for Query: oh my | Ray Peat Forum
Oh wow, quite a few of them out there! :hilarious:

Hi,

I kind of skimmed through the beginning of the thread. Here's some stuff that has resonated with me.

I also too was fed soymilk as a baby. Mom couldn't breastfeed and I always threw up formula, so soy it was. Is this contributing to my problems?

I suffer from cystic acne as well, of which has left terrible pitted scars. Dairy/refined sugar seem to be my triggers. I drink low-fat kefir, no problem. I haven't tried to experiment with low-ft milk because I just can't take another breakout. But butter, cheese for sure break me out. I grew up eating dairy/refined sugars and never had any reaction. Acne started at around 17/18 which was normal teenage acne, and probably by 19/20 turned cystic. My breakouts started on the right side of my face, cheeks and jawline/upper neck.

I also suffer occasionally now from panic attacks/anxiety of what has been more recent. In the beginning it was far more frequent, almost every night. Along with horrible sleep, I would wake up at night all of a sudden and then start panicking.

I have really bad memory now so it's hard to recall all the health problems I went through, but so many. And yes, Dr. Google has diagnosed me with so much.

I would have what I described as an adrenaline like feeling all the time. For panic attacks, heavy stress would cause them along with sea salt baths/epsom salt baths (<-----still wondering why). I also feel like starches also triggered them. I don't eat anymore starches.

At one point, I was dealing with heart palpitations. They would get worse at night and when lying down and then they started occurring all the time. I'm not sure exactly what I did to help them, but I think I started using magnesium spray as well as eating lots of kefir.

I also believe that mouth breathing also contributes to panic attacks. I am a mouth breather.

I've also suffered with really bad fatigue, no motivation to do anything even the bare minimum. I would always think I was going to faint which only increased my anxiety and would cause me to always have something sugary with me.
Hi bohogirl,
Sorry to hear you're dealing with similar struggles, but it does make me feel less alone. Health problems can be so isolating so it is nice to have a place like this forum to hear from/connect with others who are going through the same crap.

I am sure the soymilk formula can be a contributing factor in later problems, maybe more from the lack of nutrition for a developing baby than from the phytoestrogens. Looking back, I believe I've had trouble with reflux since I was born, and the soy formula was the only thing that didn't flare it up for some reason when I was a baby. I try not to dwell on the effects it could have had on me because any damage is done now and I'd much rather be alive thanks to it than dead from starvation.

What do you eat if you avoid dairy and sugars? I didn't eat any dairy during my Paleo phase and I still broke out constantly, though I can't recall if it was any worse than I 'm experiencing now. I'm tempted to try dairy-free again but I don't know how I would replace the ~500 or so calories I eat of butter, ice cream and cheese daily. I've had acne since I was 11 and I really have no idea what causes it, but I know that stress and lack of sleep -definitely- exacerbate breakouts. My whole body feels like it is constantly in some inflamed state, face is raw and red even though I don't use anything on it, and those things push it over the edge into really bad breakouts. But I literally have not had a period of even remotely clear skin in years, when I think about it. Acne really blows.

As for the epsom salt baths, I experience the panic sometimes, too. For me, I think it is low blood pressure or low blood sugar (or both!) from sitting in the hot bath. I can feel my heart racing as I sit in the bath and I think it is due to the heat/magnesium amping up metabolism, which then creates a need for more sugar. Also my blood pressure drops if I sit in the bath too long which makes me feel faint and makes my heart race even more. Maybe you are experiencing something similar?

bohogirl

Hey KellyP, thanks for stopping by my log! Nice title for yours, as well. :p Hope you are having more luck with Peaty things than I have so far haha.

Oh wow, quite a few of them out there! :hilarious:

Hi bohogirl,
Sorry to hear you're dealing with similar struggles, but it does make me feel less alone. Health problems can be so isolating so it is nice to have a place like this forum to hear from/connect with others who are going through the same crap.

I am sure the soymilk formula can be a contributing factor in later problems, maybe more from the lack of nutrition for a developing baby than from the phytoestrogens. Looking back, I believe I've had trouble with reflux since I was born, and the soy formula was the only thing that didn't flare it up for some reason when I was a baby. I try not to dwell on the effects it could have had on me because any damage is done now and I'd much rather be alive thanks to it than dead from starvation.

What do you eat if you avoid dairy and sugars? I didn't eat any dairy during my Paleo phase and I still broke out constantly, though I can't recall if it was any worse than I 'm experiencing now. I'm tempted to try dairy-free again but I don't know how I would replace the ~500 or so calories I eat of butter, ice cream and cheese daily. I've had acne since I was 11 and I really have no idea what causes it, but I know that stress and lack of sleep -definitely- exacerbate breakouts. My whole body feels like it is constantly in some inflamed state, face is raw and red even though I don't use anything on it, and those things push it over the edge into really bad breakouts. But I literally have not had a period of even remotely clear skin in years, when I think about it. Acne really blows.

As for the epsom salt baths, I experience the panic sometimes, too. For me, I think it is low blood pressure or low blood sugar (or both!) from sitting in the hot bath. I can feel my heart racing as I sit in the bath and I think it is due to the heat/magnesium amping up metabolism, which then creates a need for more sugar. Also my blood pressure drops if I sit in the bath too long which makes me feel faint and makes my heart race even more. Maybe you are experiencing something similar?

I drink low-fat kefir as I am able to tolerate it. That is the only dairy I have. As far as sugars, I can eat fruit sugars with no problem.

In regards to the epsom salt baths, I always get a reaction in the middle of the night, never during the bath. I am going to try the bath with water that is not as hot and less salt. Epsom/sea salt baths are so healing to my skin, which is why I want to do them, but I also can't deal with panic attacks every single night.

OP
S

Shrimp

I drink low-fat kefir as I am able to tolerate it. That is the only dairy I have. As far as sugars, I can eat fruit sugars with no problem.

In regards to the epsom salt baths, I always get a reaction in the middle of the night, never during the bath. I am going to try the bath with water that is not as hot and less salt. Epsom/sea salt baths are so healing to my skin, which is why I want to do them, but I also can't deal with panic attacks every single night.
That reaction to epsom salt baths does sound like they rev up your metabolism too much. I found taking more lukewarm and shorter baths definitely helped me tolerate them so hopefully that works for you, too! They really are helpful with getting mag into skin/muscles etc.

---
The past two nights, I have been unable to sleep for more than 2-3 hours each night because I am having that awful abdominal pain again, like I got punched in the gut just to the left of my belly button. My whole belly is kinda tender when I press on it. I thought it was from cranberry juice the first time, but now I'm just eating my usual things and it won't go away. Temps/pulse are normal. I know I'm not constipated because I took Pepto-Bismol and had black stools from it about 12 hours later. I can't sleep because when I lie down I get waves of nausea; I get them sitting up as well but they are worse lying down. I feel like I have a pocket of gas just sitting in my bowels. I've tried Gas-X, Pepto, ginger chamomile tea to no relief. A heating pad seems to help some but not enough for me to really sleep. My allergies have been flaring up as well, and I have a lot of post-nasal drip, but it seems unlikely that it could be causing this much nausea and pain in my gut. If it doesn't go away by Friday I think I need to go to the walk-in clinic because the lack of sleep is doing a number on me...I am fortunate that I haven't had many gut issues up until the past few weeks, because I used to be plagued with IBS symptoms. Really didn't miss 'em. :rolleyes:

tara

I feel like I have a pocket of gas just sitting in my bowels.
I've had that in the past. Seldom since I replaced some of the high-fibre, whole grains, pulses etc.
But what used to help was a drink of warm water, then lying down on my back and very deliberately relaxing. Possibly a salty drink would have worked as well or better. Sometimes forward bends would help get the gas moving on too.
That's if it is just gas. If there's something else going on - and tender to touch and black stools (unless you've been eating charcoal) seem like a concern - then I'd be wanting a drs hands on opinion if it were me.

bohogirl

That reaction to epsom salt baths does sound like they rev up your metabolism too much. I found taking more lukewarm and shorter baths definitely helped me tolerate them so hopefully that works for you, too! They really are helpful with getting mag into skin/muscles etc.

---
The past two nights, I have been unable to sleep for more than 2-3 hours each night because I am having that awful abdominal pain again, like I got punched in the gut just to the left of my belly button. My whole belly is kinda tender when I press on it. I thought it was from cranberry juice the first time, but now I'm just eating my usual things and it won't go away. Temps/pulse are normal. I know I'm not constipated because I took Pepto-Bismol and had black stools from it about 12 hours later. I can't sleep because when I lie down I get waves of nausea; I get them sitting up as well but they are worse lying down. I feel like I have a pocket of gas just sitting in my bowels. I've tried Gas-X, Pepto, ginger chamomile tea to no relief. A heating pad seems to help some but not enough for me to really sleep. My allergies have been flaring up as well, and I have a lot of post-nasal drip, but it seems unlikely that it could be causing this much nausea and pain in my gut. If it doesn't go away by Friday I think I need to go to the walk-in clinic because the lack of sleep is doing a number on me...I am fortunate that I haven't had many gut issues up until the past few weeks, because I used to be plagued with IBS symptoms. Really didn't miss 'em. :rolleyes:

So I took two baths, one with epsom one night, and one with sea salt, lukewarm water. I still had my regular sleep issues but no panic attacks. Then came day 3, where I took no bath, and at 1am I woke up with a panic attack. I don't know if this is low blood sugar or not, but it must be related? I tried to control my breath, but it was getting out of control, so I went straight for two cups of orange juice. (nothing to do with Peating, was my go to for sugar) I was then able to calm down.

If I don't sleep, I won't have an attack. It seems to only happen when I'm asleep. I don't know what this seems to indicate. Anyone have any clues? I am a mouth breather trying to switch to nose breathing.

I'm also considering sleeping with the light on.

Last edited:
OP
S

Shrimp

So I took two baths, one with epsom one night, and one with sea salt, lukewarm water. I still had my regular sleep issues but no panic attacks. Then came day 3, where I took no bath, and at 1am I woke up with a panic attack. I don't know if this is low blood sugar or not, but it must be related? I tried to control my breath, but it was getting out of control, so I went straight for two cups of orange juice. (nothing to do with Peating, was my go to for sugar) I was then able to calm down.

If I don't sleep, I won't have an attack. It seems to only happen when I'm asleep. I don't know what this seems to indicate. Anyone have any clues? I am a mouth breather trying to switch to nose breathing.

I'm also considering sleeping with the light on.
Hi bohogirl,

If the orange juice helped your panic attack then it does sound like a weird blood sugar issue. It is odd it happened on the night you didn't do the bath, but maybe it had more to do with what you ate or didn't eat that night. I used to get those night time panic attacks when my dose of thyroid was too low and also when I was on a beta blocker that made my blood pressure drop too low. I'd try to sleep but couldn't because my bp was like 80/50 sitting up, and lying down would drop it to the point that it felt like I would faint instead of drifting off to sleep. I would get "zapped" awake into a panic any time I started dozing off. If you don't regularly measure your bp and pulse I would suggest that before and after baths and then on nights with no bath to see what's going on.

I've had that in the past. Seldom since I replaced some of the high-fibre, whole grains, pulses etc.
But what used to help was a drink of warm water, then lying down on my back and very deliberately relaxing. Possibly a salty drink would have worked as well or better. Sometimes forward bends would help get the gas moving on too.
That's if it is just gas. If there's something else going on - and tender to touch and black stools (unless you've been eating charcoal) seem like a concern - then I'd be wanting a drs hands on opinion if it were me.
Black stools is actually a side effect of the pepto; really spooky if you aren't aware of it! I found that a warm ginger tea with gelatin and also some alka seltzer later seemed to help the most. I think it may have been triggered by eating some cooked broccoli.

--

Have been dealing with either a cold or terrible allergies for a few days now. Sore throat, sneezing, runny congested nose, headache, wooziness, the works. I tried Claritin for four days and it did nothing except make me feel spacey, so I stopped. Am trying chlorpheniramine tonight, but I have a hunch it is a cold since my dad was sick and so was my coworker. I am kind of afraid I have developed an allergy to my cat after having her for two months, but I had no reaction at the shelter and not much of anything until now so that seems unlikely.

I have been craving and eating a lot of pickles lately; I think I need the sodium. Also enjoyed some tomato salsa but pretty sure it gave me canker sores. I think I only get them when I eat tomatoes. I''m not sure if this indicates an allergy but they are too delicious for me to really care much.

I need to find some way to get some sun that is tolerable to me. The heat makes me feel really awful, and it has been in the 90s and super humid lately. I get pretty much zero sunlight and I'm sure that's not doing great things for my health. Even if I can sit out for like ten minutes at a time I am sure that is better than nothing.

Emstar1892

I've been using Dr. Ellie's system for preventing/stopping cavities for a week now, which involves rinsing with Closys, Listerine and ACT Fluoride rinse, and taking xylitol after eating anything. I am also brushing with my electric brush on the sensitive setting, and not flossing as I find it unnecessary with all of the rinsing. My teeth feel smoother/stronger and the large cavity I have has turned a dark black and feels hard, almost like a scab. Still no pain in that tooth. I'm interested to see what my dentist will say; surely I still need it drilled, but the edges of the decay seem much cleaner now and a filling will probably hold a lot better than it would have before. Still taking Vit K2 and D.

Period is due in a few days and I am exhausted, spacey and weepy. I think Progest-E really makes me irritable. It is the weirdest thing, it helps the anxiety for a bit but when it wears off I am way more irritable than before. I've noticed this happening in the past.

I am still scratching my head on what I did that allowed me to feel somewhat normal for a few weeks. It was like I got my personality back, and now it has slipped away again. That stable feeling has almost completely faded now, and I'm back to feeling braindead, derealization, and fatigued most of the time. The derealization is really terrible because sometimes I feel like I lose my bearings completely when I am out in public, like talking to a customer at work I might completely space out, or I might feel like the restaraunt is a topsy-turvy funhouse when I go out to eat. At times it feels like my entire sensorium is going dark, almost like the feeling before fainting, but I never faint; I just feel far away, sound gets quiet, I get tunnel vision/greying out. Strong sunlight and flourescents really exacerbate this, as does the dryness of my eyes.

Still can't eat nearly enough; stomach feels gross when I eat most things, and food doesn't usually alleviate any of my symtoms. Starch makes me tired, fat gives me reflux, fruit makes me cold and doesn't have a lot of calories. I don't have one staple food/meal that I can eat a ton of and feel ok after. My weight, temps and pulse are stable but I always have a mild hungry feeling...I don't know why I can't seem to fix this, I know it is important but I am stuck. I'm about to spend like $30 on ice cream and just binge on that and see what happens. :hairpull

Also feeling trapped at my current job (bakery clerk at a bakery and deli) which I really dislike but feel too ill/cloudy-headed to find a new one. I can pretty much go on autopilot at my job and also make my own schedule which helps when I am sick, but there are so many completely arbitrary rules and things that need to be done that it is stressful and hard to keep track of everything. We are usually understaffed and very busy so it is hard to get everything done, and all employees constantly complain about how much the work sucks. I am also working with the public constantly and even though most people are nice, there are some people that really treat food service employees such as myself like garbage. Customers complaining and even yelling at my face over a stale pastry or cake mistake that is not my fault is a fairly regular occurrence, and is really demeaning. I try to be optimistic and sympathetic but I feel like you see the dregs of humanity when you work in customer service or retail. It is upsetting for me to be wasting my college degree working at a bakery (six years now?!? ugh) but I am so tired and in debt that I can't think of an escape route. I know I am lucky to even have a job, but I am sure getting out of this job will be a key part of my recovery. Am thinking of trying some meditation for stress reduction in the meantime but good lord it is BORING.

I mostly have been using this log to keep track of what I am doing, and also in the hope that some day someone who has had similar struggles can look at it and find something helpful. After reading some of my old posts, I think one thing I constantly neglect is the mental/spiritual side of illness, instead focusing on the nuts and bolts of nutrition, diet and supplements. Since that approach alone seems to be fairly unhelpful for me, I think using my energy to focus on other things such as finding a better job, getting in touch with old friends, playing piano, meditating etc. might help the other things fall into place. It is extremely tough working on these things when I feel so ill and tired, but it certainly won't hurt to try.

Shrimp, I feel like we are the same person. Can't believe I never came across your thread before! I'm also being told to try cortisone. I'm also wondering about lyme (though i got a tick bite and the rash, so im more inclined to believe it - negative blot though).

At a real crossroads. Sometimes I feel so spaced out that I worry someone will see me on the street and diagnose me with schizophrenia or something. The other day I was so disorientated I didn't know which train to get home from work and I just stared at the station map for about 10 minutes. I'm even afraid to talk to my family in my house as my word recall and general short term memory are suddenly so bad, i'm embarrassed that I probably seem like a crazy person :( Aah! Yesterday afternoon my friend was like "hey I'm so excited I'm launching my website next week!" And nothing went in, I just went "oh great!" Then ten seconds later I went "omg when are you launching your website?" And he just stared at me until I realised what I'd done.

I also quit smoking AGAIN for three weeks until yesterday, when I nearly collapsed at work (about an hour after my brain freeze with my friend). Quitting just makes my cortisol plummet to the point that I seriously worry about my survival. Another reason I wonder about cortisone, even though I SO don't want to be on it. Might have to take the gamble.

InChristAlone

Shrimp, I feel like we are the same person. Can't believe I never came across your thread before! I'm also being told to try cortisone. I'm also wondering about lyme (though i got a tick bite and the rash, so im more inclined to believe it - negative blot though).

At a real crossroads. Sometimes I feel so spaced out that I worry someone will see me on the street and diagnose me with schizophrenia or something. The other day I was so disorientated I didn't know which train to get home from work and I just stared at the station map for about 10 minutes. I'm even afraid to talk to my family in my house as my word recall and general short term memory are suddenly so bad, i'm embarrassed that I probably seem like a crazy person :( Aah! Yesterday afternoon my friend was like "hey I'm so excited I'm launching my website next week!" And nothing went in, I just went "oh great!" Then ten seconds later I went "omg when are you launching your website?" And he just stared at me until I realised what I'd done.

I also quit smoking AGAIN for three weeks until yesterday, when I nearly collapsed at work (about an hour after my brain freeze with my friend). Quitting just makes my cortisol plummet to the point that I seriously worry about my survival. Another reason I wonder about cortisone, even though I SO don't want to be on it. Might have to take the gamble.
You could just do small amounts when you feel you need it, so that you don't become dependent on it and your adrenals atrophy. But you'd know pretty quick if it's low cortisol causing your issues because you'd feel much better. Pick up hydrocortisone cream to test.

OP
S

Shrimp

Hi Emstar1892!

Sorry for the delayed reply; I am terrible at replying to forum posts lol. Did you have the blot done by Igenex labs for lyme? They seem to be the gold standard, though I do wonder if they get false positives with the different testing methods they use. My blot through them was IND (indeterminite?) Sorry to hear you're experiencing similar symptoms, they are scary and disabling for sure. :( I feel you on the forgetting what people just said, it is so hard to concentrate!! Did you end up using the cortisone?

--
Got the results from my bloodwork back, unfortunately I don't think there are any answers there.

Free T3: 3.05 (2.3 - 4.2)
Free T4: 0.9 (0.71 - 1.42)
Thyroid labs taken >12 hours after last dose of medication. Free T3 is relatively higher in range than free T4)

Co2: 26 (21 - 33)
Chloride: 103 (98 - 110)
Potassium: 3.7 (3.5 - 5.3)
Sodium: 140 (135 - 146)
Bun: 14 (7 - 25)
Creatinine serum: 0.66 (0.50 - 1.10)
eGFR: Normal
Glucose: 132 (65-99) This was about 1.5 hrs after eating

High Candida IgM antibodies but no IgG or IgA

DHEA sulfate: 253 (18 - 391)

Epstein Barr: Negative

Magnesium RBC: 3.6 (3.3 - 5.5) (this is with supplementation of >300mg magnesium glycinate per day)

Pregnenolone: 30 (7 - 188)
Testosterone: 31 (14 - 76)
Free Testosterone: 1.32 (0.29 - 3.18)

Vitamin D: 32 (30 - 100 optimal)

SO I'm not sure what's going on here. Going to make an appointment with another doctor, but not really hopeful that they will help much. :/ Been feeling gross again lately, really sore all over, weak muscles all over, clumsy, tired, cold feet etc. Upper back, shoulders and chest muscles are absurdly tight and painful 24/7. I do stretches, but the only real relief I get is from warm showers. Feel too weak to keep good posture, like my core muscles can't hold me up when I'm sitting so I slouch. Standing is a bit better, oddly.

OP
S

Shrimp

Had my appt with another dr, and felt very off put by her from the get go. I've been working with an integrative medicine practitioner for the past few years so perhaps I've just been spoiled, but this dr basically said from the start of the appt that we have to do tests so she can figure out what specialist to send me to. Are internal medicine doctors that completely helpless to put the pieces together on their own? Over the years I have seen a gastroenterologist and a few endos, and each one had their head lodged so far up their own **** that they couldn't be of any help whatsoever. This doctor I saw, upon my complaints of muscle weakness, pain, and fatigue, wanted to order (in her words) "several vials of bloodwork," which I have put off for now because I tend to plop and feel sick all day after having more than a few vials drawn. She wanted to test for things like muscular dystrophy, which from my answers to her questions of my symptoms would be completely ruled out as far as I can tell. I am wondering if I can go to the lab and have them only run certain tests, because otherwise I will be too scared to get ANY of them done.

To top it off, she gave me a pamphlet on "healthy weight gain," after saying I am the first person she has had to give this to!! And it suggested things like drinking Ensure and eating margarine and vegetable oils for more calories. Seriously?

In the meantime I am super tired, hurty all over and my hands/feet are getting cold again. I think I may get some of the labs done (muscle enzymes, autoimmune tests) just to see the results, but she wants to test my TSH too and I know the red flags will go up when that is found to be totally suppressed from the NDT. So I might just have my integrative dr order the same labs so I don't have to deal with this other one.

bohogirl

Had my appt with another dr, and felt very off put by her from the get go. I've been working with an integrative medicine practitioner for the past few years so perhaps I've just been spoiled, but this dr basically said from the start of the appt that we have to do tests so she can figure out what specialist to send me to. Are internal medicine doctors that completely helpless to put the pieces together on their own? Over the years I have seen a gastroenterologist and a few endos, and each one had their head lodged so far up their own **** that they couldn't be of any help whatsoever. This doctor I saw, upon my complaints of muscle weakness, pain, and fatigue, wanted to order (in her words) "several vials of bloodwork," which I have put off for now because I tend to plop and feel sick all day after having more than a few vials drawn. She wanted to test for things like muscular dystrophy, which from my answers to her questions of my symptoms would be completely ruled out as far as I can tell. I am wondering if I can go to the lab and have them only run certain tests, because otherwise I will be too scared to get ANY of them done.

To top it off, she gave me a pamphlet on "healthy weight gain," after saying I am the first person she has had to give this to!! And it suggested things like drinking Ensure and eating margarine and vegetable oils for more calories. Seriously?

In the meantime I am super tired, hurty all over and my hands/feet are getting cold again. I think I may get some of the labs done (muscle enzymes, autoimmune tests) just to see the results, but she wants to test my TSH too and I know the red flags will go up when that is found to be totally suppressed from the NDT. So I might just have my integrative dr order the same labs so I don't have to deal with this other one.

You can get your own labs done. I've used both life extension and econolabs.

Finding a good doctor is the hardest part.

OP
S

Shrimp

I never ended up seeing another doctor, and I've been getting even worse re: weakness, fatigue, and cognition problems. Now something as simple as scratching scratch tickets can cause fatigue/weakness, and things like shaving my legs in the shower are a struggle. I can barely sit at my desk sometimes because it hurts too much to sit up straight. My movement is stiff and sluggish all over. I keep forgetting things that were just said to me or that I just did, mixing up words, slurring sometimes, just can't think straight and I used to be really sharp mentally. I know I need to see a doctor but I have little hope that they can help me, and I can't seem to help myself, either. To be honest, I'm also quite scared to find out what this actually is. It is more than just my thyroid at this point.

I had a panic attack on Saturday just sitting at a Burger King with my boyfriend, and had to leave and take 0.5mg Ativan. That was the first panic attack I had in months, and I've been pushing myself by doing things like going out to concerts, too. I thought I had shaken the attacks for good to the point that when it happened I wasn't really sure what was going on, because I had forgotten how awful they felt. I guess I have made some progress in that regard.

I really have to make some headway with my health or im going to end up bedridden.

OP
S

Shrimp

Saw a new doctor and had thyroid labs done:

TSH 0.01 u[iU]/mL 0.27-4.20 L
T4, FREE 1.0 ng/dL 0.9-1.7 N
T3 TOTAL 1.02 ng/mL 0.80-2.00 N
T3 FREE 3.5 pg/mL 2.8 - 4.4 N

Doc saw TSH and said that despite normal T4 and T3 levels, it seemed I was overmedicated and we should try reducing the dose (120mg to 90mg). I explained to her via email that my TSH has been suppressed for years without these more recent symptoms and she hasn't gotten back to me yet. I'm curious what she will say because she was very nice and seemed like someone I could work with to figure out what's going on, even if she doesn't know a lot about thyroid. She also said that not all of my symptoms seem to fit thyroid issues, and I agree with this. Given my labs were drawn over 12 hours after my last dose of meds (30mg) and I take the meds 4x/day, my levels are probably a bit higher than this closer to when I take the meds and would be optimal. But my symptoms persist...

I have been trying to take Estroban on and off, and while it seems to be helping my skin a bit, I think it flares up my symptoms. I've noticed this with supplements containing Vit. D3 before, it seems like they make me tired and prone to panic attacks. Perhaps it is a magnesium issue, but taking mag. and then trying the supplement again doesn't seem to prevent it. Sucks because Estroban seems like a great supplement since I don't get enough fat solubles. I think I may try taking it once a week instead.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals