Cody's Log

OP
J

javacody

I always take it with a meal.

I feel much better today. I took 500 mg pregnenelone last night. I read about taking up to 2 grams per day, so I'm going to try to find some pregnenelone powder.

OP
J

javacody

Actually, I took 250mg of pregnenelone last night.

I took the same amount this morning. I feel pretty good after having my coffee.

Peat's_Girl

Hmm... I'm wondering if I should take niacinamide in addition to a B complex, what do you guys think?

tara

Peat's_Girl said:
Hmm... I'm wondering if I should take niacinamide in addition to a B complex, what do you guys think?
Depends how much niacinamide (or niacin)/B3 is in your multi? You might get better value out of it by splitting it into 2-4 pieces to take at different times of the day

Peat's_Girl

tara said:
Peat's_Girl said:
Depends how much niacinamide (or niacin)/B3 is in your multi? You might get better value out of it by splitting it into 2-4 pieces to take at different times of the day

Really? Why specifically a few times a day and not all at once?

tara

Peat's_Girl said:
tara said:
Peat's_Girl said:

Really? Why specifically a few times a day and not all at once?

I think all or most of the B vits have a relatively short half-life in the body - if there is more than the body can use, it gets peed out quite quickly. I imagine you've seen the difference in colour between supplementing or not supplementing B-vits? It seems to show up quite quickly. The fat soluble vitamins are stored for longer, so I don't think there's any reason to take them more than once a day.
Personally, I usually take my B-vits twice a day because I can manage that. But I suspect smaller doses 3 or four times a day might be better for me too.

SQu

Cody I was searching cyproheptadine and found Ray's article called serotonin depression and aggression, the problem of brain energy - something like that. It mentioned autism a few times. Thought you might be interested in reading it. It said serotonin is higher in autistic people and close family members

OP
J

javacody

sueq said:
Cody I was searching cyproheptadine and found Ray's article called serotonin depression and aggression, the problem of brain energy - something like that. It mentioned autism a few times. Thought you might be interested in reading it. It said serotonin is higher in autistic people and close family members

I'll take a look at it. Thanks!

OP
J

javacody

I haven't logged much lately.

I've been cold, tired, miserable.

So I decided to start over. Drop all supplements.

I'm obese, so the odds that I have fatty liver are astronomically high.

After browsing around the forum a bit, it sounds like if you have liver issues, taking a bunch of supplements to increase uncoupling and speed metabolism might be a bad idea.

So I'm researching now the best ways to fix my liver.

So it's back to basics.

I'm drinking a few large cups of coffee per day with gelatin and sugar. Eating cheese, drinking milk. I've had a lot of cheese pizza over the weekend (with 4 kinds of cheese and lots of it). And I've eaten quite a bit of dried fruit.

I've had many problems sleeping. I get very warm at night, but I'm cold all day. It's frustrating. So I'm going to bundle up during the day and see if I can't improve my wakefulness by staying warm, and I'm going to try to cool off more at night.

I also fall asleep, and then wake up an hour later with my heart pounding and feeling very anxious. I'm thinking about keeping a glass of OJ on my nightstand and drinking some every time I wake up.

tara

javacody said:
I also fall asleep, and then wake up an hour later with my heart pounding and feeling very anxious. I'm thinking about keeping a glass of OJ on my nightstand and drinking some every time I wake up.
Wouldn't surprise me if OJ by the bed helps. I've had to do that sort of thing at times, too. I sometimes have some there to drink when I first wake up, too. I still keep dates by the bed for emergency night-time fuel, but seldom need it now.
Another thing that helped me was mechanically keeping my mouth shut while sleeping. For those of us prone to mouth-breathing at night, it can help reduce hyperventilation, which can cause various things, including heart-pounding, etc. (I had a patch of that a while ago, too).

OP
J

javacody

The thing that seems to be helping is activated charcoal every other night.

My sleep is better.

Also, I've been using red light in the morning when I wake up and at night before bed and I'm feeling much warmer.

Sunlight seems to work even better to improve my temps.

Peat's_Girl

Geez, Cody, where you at? Another bodacious babe is hitting on you on my log and you're camping out here...!?

What's a burning furnace and a healthy libido if you don't use it? ;D

Seriously, dude. Even if the diet doesn't work out for you, you'll always remember this forum as one that's teeming with women who think you're the bees' knees ;D;D;D

OP
J

javacody

Breakfast today was steak, eggs, bamboo shoots fried in coconut oil, coffee with collagen, milk, and sugar, and OJ with a few grams of aspirin powder.

Spent some time under the red lights. Feeling nice and warm.

Today's musical selection are me playing guitar. Please excuse the sound quality and the mistakes. Both videos have photos of two of my guitars in the process of being built.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
J

javacody

I'm sleeping so much better lately.

Food cravings are still an issue. I want cheese pizza pretty much 24 X 7.

I've read the a reishi mushroom extract helped fix gut microbiota in obese rats.

Gonna try it on myself soon.

pboy

it gives a nice lifted feeling at the least, but eventually I stopped drinking (eating?) it the taste got offensive..this was before peating. If you brew the tea out of it...which I did, its like incredibly bitter, so im sure it like...clears out the gut in a big way. Its a trippy thing, the mushrooms are more like glossy wood, it doesn't even seem real. But yea, I don't know what Id compare it to but its interesting at the least. If I had some now id be able to tell what it was doing, back then I was less refined. Its like a mild gaba lifted high feeling but with a potent focus. I wouldn't be surprised if it hits some of the endocannabinoids too but it doesn't seem like that...but the state of awareness it imparts is I guess slightly comparable...tho not nearly as strong. If by fix gut microbiome you mean a total wipe out, that's probably more likely what it does...its like, reaaaly bitter

if nothing else its comical experience just handling the mushrooms, which is good, lol

its interesting you brought it up...I bet if it was studied (I think it is but I haven't looked at many of them, kinda peaked my interest here to check them out), they'd find its like a potent anti microbial which is ...probably good for a lotta people

just holding the mushrooms seems like...its alive and aware lol, it seems like its super smart and knows
whats going on, even though its dried out

to add, its probably estrogenic..maybe, not sure...but it doesn't seem like a long term solution...the fact its bitter and eventually became unpalatable to me means it might be toxic after a point

OP
J

javacody

From what I read, it altered the gut bacteria ratio of firmicutes to bacteroides. It shifted back to what a non-obese rat would have. It kept the rats from gaining weight on the stupid high corn oil diet they use for testing.

OP
J

javacody

OMG. I'm sitting in a 66 degree room and I'm burning up! I'm sweating and I feel uncomfortable as hell.

I haven't taken NDT in at least 5 days now. In fact, I skipped most supplements until late this afternoon when I took 2 grams of aspirin, 200 mg Mag, vit e, 5 mg K2 Mk4, and 12,000 IU Vit D.

I also had a cup of coffee and clam chowder for supper.

I'm so hot, I feel nauseous.

Wow. Just wow.

So I got being warm all the time down. Now where the hell is my energy and motivation?

I've been reading the progesterone for men thread and I'm thinking it's time to add DHEA and progesterone to the mix.

OP
J

javacody

I LOVE early ZZTop. Great stuff. Billy Gibbons was a big influence on me I think just because ZZ Top was all over the radio in the early 80s.

I've never heard that song before Narouz. Thanks for sharing!

Angus Young from AC/DC is a big influence as well. I learned every song from Highway to Hell when I was a teenager.

On a non-guitar related note, something a little astonishing to me is that I just noticed my gray hair is going away. What the hell? Anyone else heard of this happening?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals