Birdie's Mindfulness Log :)

J

j.

I think chocolate can be estrogenic, and taking it with milk reduces that.

OP
B

Birdie

"Estrogen and the endorphins act together in many ways (including the behavior of estrus), and naloxone (the antagonist of morphine and the endorphins) raises body temperature and in other ways opposes estrogen. Naloxone has been found to improve the symptoms of demented people, and I have seen it quickly, and dramatically, improve the mental clarity of a 60 year old woman who had used estrogen. It, like clonidine (the anti-adrenaline drug), is a good candidate for controlling the hot flashes and other symptoms of menopause."

The above, from one of Ray's articles, is so interesting to me because I've been using naloxone. I wasn't aware that it opposes estrogen. I've certainly read this article before but that was before I started LDN, so that I wouldn't have paid attention to the naloxone (naltrexone) reference. I can tell you that I haven't had any hot flashes.

OP
B

Birdie

We went to a farm stand today where I got carrots.
They taste great. This is wonderful. I've been eating the carrot salad, or a cut up carrot almost every day.
But the carrots have been horrible from the market.
Even the organic ones.

So, I noticed a slight swelling in my calves at the end of the day lately.
Upping the salt again. I just slowly took less and less, without realizing it. No, not true, I got lazy.
And I love salt. It's so easy to get tired of doing the easy little things that help.
I started upping the salt day before yesterday and notice an improvement already.
Also, being careful to get my correct amount of progest-E. I'd let up on that, too.
You can see why the legs reacted.

I've continued to lose weight very slowly by being mindful.
Am eating a lot, but trying to pay attention to how my tummy feels.
Often it feels stuffed which seems to be okay. I mean that when I start to pay attention, it just helps even if I feel too full or whatever.
The process of watching is so beneficial.
It's so easy to eat out of habit or over emotions, rather than because I'm hungry.
It helped to hear Ray say that a lot of people gain weight by eating only according to nutrition, and not according to hunger. That was me!!
I'm good at the nutrition, but gotta watch the other.
I've got the nutrients down by now. If I obsess over them, I start wolfing the food mindlessly.
That's how it works for me. You may be different. :)

OP
B

Birdie

Awakened feeling stronger this morning. It was a feeling in my mid back. It felt slightly smaller and better somehow. This always signals me that my weight is good.

Two changes I can think of just now. Two days ago I spent some time delving into my anemia situation. Decided to up my liver capsules. Taking 6 a day now.

The other thing was thanks to Angela's Fans post with the 200 calorie food items. I stopped the cheese. I'm a person who cannot eat just a little cheese. My husband has always taken just a thin slice. That's something I can't understand. Cheese is too good and only good if you really have some, according to me. I knew it was high calorie. I measured out amounts and counted the calories for myself. But I was not convinced to give it up, at all, until Angela did her great post.

I had been up a few pounds on the scales, but today I'm back to my low for the past 2 years. So, I've lost 22 since March 2012, by being more careful.

I can also thank my sister who revealed some old family info to me a couple of weeks back. I'd known it but somehow her coming out and saying it was a real turning point for me. All this about my never being able to succeed was explained in the revelation. And somehow it mattered that I was not the only one who saw what went on. I've spent time walking and crying since her email, but it was a breakthrough.

I think my total inability to succeed was showing strongly in my compulsive over-eating. At this point, I am finally feeling like it is okay/good/possible for me to be successful. Successful is the only word I can think of, but doesn't entirely capture it.

messtafarian

:). Hi -- just finished reading your log. I have a few of the same issues; I think I need more progesterone too.

Can you direct me to the link you referenced in your first post " 2013 February Weight Gain"?

OP
B

Birdie

I just now returned to this Log and see the question. I'll try to figure out what link you mean, messtafarian.

OP
B

Birdie

messtafarian, I re-read my post but don't remember the reference. Bad form to not make it clear at the time, but we'll just attribute it to brain fog.

OP
B

Birdie

A small update is that I seem to have lost the excess weight. Not getting on the scale, but the clothes fit. Just briefly, I haven't been on a diet and haven't tried to lose weight. I've been following Peat pretty much and eat small amounts quite often, but have times of a couple of hours without food...

Just wanted to check in...

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Birdie, its good to see you! :bluewave

OP
B

Birdie

Birdie's Mindfulness Log

Thanks sweetheart. Love visiting the forum.

OP
B

Birdie

I keep meaning to report on my hair.
The color is the main part. It has gotten blonder.

A little history is that I was getting whiter, with some ash, when I started reading RP.

A few weeks ago, in Costco, a woman charged up to me and exclaimed about my great, "perfect" hair color.
I was stunned to silence. Later, my husband and I laughed that she thought I somehow colored it to look natural or something like that.

I credit Ray Peat's anti-inflammatory style eating for stopping the ash and returning the blonde.
I think this goes here rather than in my FMS/CFS log, but it could indicate progress there too. It all works together doesn't it.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals