Jzeno Log: Recording Diet And Results

jzeno

First Log

Approximate starting point for diet:

https://raypeatforum.com/community/...ure-cronometer-2019-01-13-21_57_50-png.11832/

Observations:
  • Coconut oil is good for body temperature
  • Switching out lactose-free milk for Tillamook cheese also demonstrated a bump up in body temperature; I was able to hit a high of 99.5 on cheese which I never hit on milk (could be due to a number of things)
  • Egg whites by themselves causes indigestion; with whole eggs the digestion is easier but whites by themselves causes indigestion that is uncomfortable--Try to avoid for the time being
  • Skin is improving; Perhaps due to consuming large amounts of OJ--Probably thirsty and devoid of minerals for a moment
  • Nails are growing faster and becoming harder; noticing a decrease in the pronouncement of vertical ridges in nails--Not much just slightly still but level of progress is promising; Continue on cheese and calcium-filled foods
  • Teeth have become more dense (less opaque at the tips) ever since adopting cheese and Vitamin K; Teeth seem harder and less susceptible to damage, too
  • Enamel has begun to close up more; Teeth are less sensitive to temperatures--Maybe due to calcium in cheese and Vitamin K supplement; Good sign
  • Body is less ache-y; more flexible--Easier to relax and de-stress and muscles tense up less
  • Energy is higher--Probably due to increased carbs and calories and less indigestion and greater intake of beef liver (vitamins, minerals)
  • No more indigestion--Besides small, infrequent bouts from eating something that doesn't agree with me or is in excess
  • Bowel movements are consistent, regular and not uncomfortable
  • Mind is more clear; Helpful--Less dogmatic--It's easier to relax when so much is going right for a change compared to before when everything seemed to be going wrong; Positive--Encouraging; Hopeful
  • Hair seems to slightly be thickening on top and temples; Continue to raise body temperature if possible; Shoot for very high temps regularly to combat cold and see if increasing impact on hair density and strength--Hair is extremely hungry
  • Gaining weight ever since incorporated consistent amounts of coconut oil; Continue to try to raise body weight and see what happens
Ideas
  • Find good sources for Magnesium and Manganese--Perhaps Brer Rabbit Black Strap Molasses; Others include Spinach
  • Continue to improve sleep and focus on increasing body temperature; Look for more foods that can easily raise temp--Aspirin, Coconut Oil, Cheese, OJ and Coffee
  • Try incorporating more gelatin when possible--Jello and Bone Broths; Try OJ (without pulp) plus Gelatin to make Jello; Need Jello container
  • Try to sleep more; Try to write down ideas more to calm mind and rest more easily
  • Exercise, eventually
  • Perhaps consider upping Aspiring to 2 pills--1 more than 1
Will continue in next Update with more information and updates/changes as they happen

OP
jzeno

jzeno

Update

Observations:
  • Noticing that the ridges in my nail are slowly but gradually decreasing; I'm able to see them less and less as time passes when I look at them in direct light--Which is a good sign
  • Skin is also appearing softer and healthier; Will continue with ample amounts of Orange Juice; I believe the Vitamin C, minerals, and liquid in the juice is very helpful
Will continue in next Update with more information and updates/changes as they happen

OP
jzeno

jzeno

Update

Diet Change:
  • Reducing amount of eggs from 2 per day to 1 to reduce PUFA and be able to enjoy more coconut oil and still be within 4g per day recommendation
See below

screencapture-cronometer-2019-01-16-14_38_57.png

OP
jzeno

jzeno

Update

Observations:
  • Pork Rinds. Have a large amount of glycine, which is supposedly helpful for sleep, and since I've found a local brand that prepares their pork rinds without vegetable oil I've been eating a lot more--the depth of my sleep seems to be getting better; A welcomed improvement--Will continue on increased pork rinds for the time being

brix

What kind of weight gain are you experiencing? What are your goals?

OP
jzeno

jzeno

What kind of weight gain are you experiencing? What are your goals?
10-15 lbs more in body fat. Maybe 165ish to 180+ territory. About 6', so I think I was underweight (and still am a bit for my height. Wouldn't mind hitting 200+ because I've always been very skinny my entire life. Wouldn't mind to get a little thicker and see what happens.

OP
jzeno

jzeno

Update

Diet Change:
  • Previously I was using the "San Luis Sourdough" on Cronometer the tally the nutrients for the day; I switched it over to "sourdough" (no specific brand or product) and found that this food marker has significantly more PUFAs--Perhaps because San Luis simply lists their PUFAs as zero while the "sourdough" marker lists it (possibly more accurately) at about .55g per serving, which has caused me to reduce my bread intake starting today
  • I will up cheese in order to get protein and I won't need to adjust carbs
  • I plan on eventually getting some hydrogenated coconut oil for coconut oil to further reduce PUFAs, but that will be a few weeks out from now
  • Planning on reducing sardines to once per week instead of every other day due to PUFAs and see how they goes; I do enjoy the sardines very much, but if I can make even more progress than I am now by cutting more PUFAs, I will give it a shot and see what happens
  • Plan on taking Vitamin E a bit more regularly after reading about excessive Iron and it's problems (Iron's Dangers) and trying to take my morning coffee with breakfast and cut the juice before and after iron-filled breads
  • I plan on also adding a small amount of pork rinds (.5 oz or so) and jello and dark chocolate to my diet consistently for the glycine, gelatin, and the good stuff found in dark chocolate
screencapture-cronometer-2019-01-21-10_42_09.png

Observations
  • So far, so good; hair, nails, teeth, skin and sleep all seem to be improving slowly but gradually
  • I no longer wake up in the middle of the night to pee (nocturia) even though I drink 64 oz or more of OJ per day and coffee (and a little bit of water, too, sometimes), so I'm very happy with that; nocturia is a PITA
  • Noticed my hair seem more soft and natural looking--before it was looking a bit brittle and dry; hopeful for more progress
  • I also have noticed increased "petechiae" on my legs (see picture); not painful but peculiar--I'm hoping this is not significant and also temporary; My suspicion that it might be due to extra Aspirin I've been taking (1 - 2 tabs per day) or Vitamin K (about 15mg per day) but not sure--Will report update when situation changes
IMG_20190121_105558.jpg

Last edited:
OP
jzeno

jzeno

Update

Observation
  • Just want to comment a second time: My hair feels really good--When I was younger and before stress and different restrictive diets began to really take a toll, my hair felt luxurious and today is the first time I've been able to feel that seem effect in my hair; It doesn't feel brittle or dry when I touch it--Instead it feels very smooth and soft; Very pleased with this effect on my hair--I think it's a very good sign

OP
jzeno

jzeno

Update

Observation
  • Had a rough temperature day yesterday; Not sure what happened--Had to take a shower to raise my body temperature and stay warm
  • Cheese raises my body temperature to 99.5 F fairly consistently; I think it has to do with the Calcium--I'm going to experiment with more cheese and less other little things that don't contribute much, such as eggs, and see what happens
screencapture-cronometer-2019-01-23-14_38_10.png

Diet Change
  • No eggs
  • Less bread
  • Sardines less regularly
  • Added in some cinnamon for Manganese
I'm not sure why but cheese has the ability to raise my body temperature.jpg

Diet Summary

My diet basically looks like:
  • OJ all throughout the day
  • Meals 1, 2, and 3 include sourdough with ample cheese (enough to hit calcium and protein requirements) toasted in a toaster oven with coconut oil on the bottom side for health sake and it helps make the bread better
  • Meal 2 (Lunch) consists of extra protein: Liver and beef, daily
  • I try to incorporate sardines, gelatin, and other things on a weekly or semi-daily basis

Last edited:

Runenight201

Interesting that you note such positive effects from cheese. I’ve found cheese to be a subpar food in terms of satiation, mood, and energy.

Pork rinds are tasty but I would caution with them since they will be pure PUFA (I see that’s why you decreased egg consumption). I would definitely keep the eggs over the pork rinds, eggs are a much better food. The increased fat though is no doubt good for health, you could try butter, sour cream, and half/half, which are very versatile in a lot of different recipes and keep the SFA consumption high.

I noticed personally if i don’t have enough meat and saturated fats with my meals, I start degenerating.

Good stuff dude glad you’re seeing improvements.

OP
jzeno

jzeno

@Runenight201

Yes I entirely agree with you regarding pork rinds and PUFAs. I'm just trying to get a little variety and somewhat normal foods so there is some flexibility in the diet to make it more practical for my lifestyle. 4 g or less of PUFAs is difficult.

TBH, I thought cheese was bad in general, too, but this particular cheese is very good for me. I found it based on Peat and Danny's suggestion (The Danny Roddy Weblog on Instagram: “"Tillamook white cheddar, aged 2 years, has natural ingredients, and Reggiano is the other one that I have confidence in. A big European…”) and it has worked out very well for me. I look forward to finding more and more foods that help me instead of set me back.

Thanks for the encouragement.

Runenight201

I’ll have to try out that cheese. I’ve eaten block colby jack cheese in the past and it just doesn’t provide that stomach satiation and clear cognition that other foods provide. Often times after eating cheese my cognition takes a hit, so I’ve been avoiding. Perhaps eaten in conjunction with meat it could blunt this negative cognitive effect.

I personally wouldn’t trip too hard about how much PUFA a day you’re getting, as long as it’s coming from good foods, like eggs, milk, meat, etc... although eating pure PUFA such as pork rinds id consider dicey territory. I certainly will eat peanuts, peanut butter, and almonds every now and then too positive effects (especially peanut butter, mix a little some strawberry jam on some bread, glass of milk, greeeaat snack)

OP
jzeno

jzeno

@Runenight201

Yeah, give it a shot. I found it in a black wrapper, not clear, unlike the pic on Danny's IG.

I ate other cheeses and it would cause intense gas and bloating but I don't feel any of that when I eat this cheese. Very surprising.

For the sateity: I eat it on bread toasted in a toaster oven. It's like cheesy bread--almost pizza-like or a grilled cheese. That is good and satisfying. Very. Otherwise, it's just like any other cold cheese and yeah, doesn't really hit any sweet spots in the brain or mouth-feel, if you know what I mean. The hot, sticky, cheesy bread is very satisfying. So good. Even if you're not eating a Peat diet, it's like an American icon: cheese, bread, hot, eat it any time of the day--what's not to like?

Runenight201

So uhh, is one of your side hobbies frequenting at strip clubs?

Last time I had bread and cheese was from a pizza joint and I got the worst allergic reaction from it so I’m still skeptical...but I’ll keep the Tillamook white cheddar aged cheese in my back pocket for next time I’ve hit a nutritional dead end and I need to try something different...

OP
jzeno

jzeno

Update

Diet Changes
  • Found some good sources of Magnesium and Manganese to incorporate: Maple Syrup (1/2 of 1 serving, which equals 1/8 cup) and Medjool Dates (5 or so dates); This will push my Manganese and Magnesium above 100% for daily RDI, putting me in a better place than where I was--Hopefully will see added benefits in health
  • I plan on bumping up cheese to 8 oz per day just to see what effect I get from the added Calcium; I get really warm when I eat cheese on bread, so let's see what happens when I bump it up a little and push Calcium over 2000 mg per day
screencapture-cronometer-2019-01-25-13_53_04.png

Observations
  • Warmed up Orange Juice (during the cold months), because of what I discovered when researching How to Raise my Body Temp practically and easily, raises my body temp to 98.9 F or so when feeling cold just by heating up OJ and drinking it normally; See below for pics of my temp after drinking heated OJ--I plan on continuing this for the time being and will record any changes--So far, so good; Temp goes up and skin, hair, nails seem to be reacting positively from what I can tell
IMG_20190124_143904_2.jpg

OP
jzeno

jzeno

Update

Diet Change:
  • Have decided to nix the Maple Syrup (before it even began really) since Dates by themselves will help me achieve 100%+ of the DRI of Magnesium and Manganese; See below for update of diet
screencapture-cronometer-2019-01-25-19_29_31.png

OP
jzeno

jzeno

Update

Diet Changes
  • Removing Cinnamon since Dates will cover RDI of Manganese and Magnesium
  • Reducing Coconut Oil to lower PUFAs
screencapture-cronometer-2019-01-26-07_01_03.png

OP
jzeno

jzeno

Update

Observations
  • For the past few days, since I've incorporated Cheese as my main source of Protein and Calcium, I've noticed that my feet will eventually suffer from low temperatures after my breakfast meal and evening meal even though the core temperature is fairly high --My afternoon meal (when I eat Beef and Liver), I was always fine
  • A few days ago, I went to In N Out and had a 2x2 for dinner and noticed I felt warm and my feet were not cold feeling either; This got me to thinking that perhaps Beef is what caused the warm temperature late into the evening--everything else on the burger is either what I normally eat (Cheese, Bread) or negligible (Grilled Onions, Lettuce, Secret Sauce)
  • This Morning, I experimented with splitting my beef portion (3 oz) between Breakfast and Dinner; My morning temperature stayed around 98 F+ and my feet did not feel cold; That tells me for whatever reason Beef is good for my circulation to my feet
  • Based on this I plan on trying to have a bit of Beef with every meal--same RDI (3 oz + 2 oz of Liver), just spread across all three meals
  • Tomorrow, in the morning I plan on experimenting with Gelatin to see if I can achieve similar results with Gelatin that I was able to achieve with Beef
I have no idea why Beef would affect me in that way considering Cheese is also a Complete Protein. So I'm not sure what the answer is, but if someone reading cares to chime in, you're welcome to.

Again, I don't plan on adding more Beef to my diet yet--just spread the servings across 3 meals. I may make another change to this later.

Last edited:

Runenight201

Higher amounts of b12, cholesterol, and different fatty acid profile potentially.

Meat and meat fat keep me the warmest, and whenever I start going cold I know I must suspend all other dietary inputs until I can consume meat.

I doubt gelatin will do the same, but curious to see what you concluded.

OP
jzeno

jzeno

Update

Observations
  • Not sure what it is but Beef definitely has a marked positive difference on my ankle and foot temperature
  • Gelatin (3 oz taken in OJ warmed to 130 F) had a good response, but not as good as Beef; My Feet eventually got cold, starting at the tips
  • Initially, Cheese would rocket my temperature up so high I would have to remove a layer of clothing (very warm response) but now the reaction has mellowed out, but my core temperature still does rise when I eat Cheese
  • Also noticed that cold liquids (OJ, Milk, Coffee) does have the effect of lowering my temperature a bit; Will try to minimize cold beverages during the winter months and warm my beverages when convenient
  • Finger nails are definitely getting thicker slowly but steadily; When I examine them in the light, the vertical ridges running from the nail bed to the free edge are becoming less and less pronounced as more and more nail material raises up around the ridges, filling out the nail--Good news
  • Skin, too, seems to improving slightly with ever day of good liquid, mineral, vitamin and protein intake accompanied by good rest
It's strange how my reaction changes over the course of eating something, but I think it's a good sign, too

Still not sure what's going on, but like you said, @Runenight201, it could be something related to the profile of the fat or possibly the B vitamins. I'm inclined to think it has something to do with the fat, because of how quickly the response can come on--which is generally just a few minutes after the first bite and from what I understand saturated fat would be the only think to be able travel through digestion that quickly--but still not sure.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals