craving starch + fat, but not sugar; need to lose fat

dinkleberg

since i started eating mostly peaty in the past 2.5 months, my energy, sleep quality, and mood as improved drastically. however, i have gained 20lbs since then, i'm sure it's almost all fat (i wasn't lifting weights because i injured my finger really bad). peat says starch + fat leads to fat gain, and that sugar increases metabolism better than those two, but i've just never had much of a sweet tooth... my favorite food is mac n cheese, very high in starch and fat, but i eat it maybe once a week.

my diet is mostly ground beef (fried in coconut oil), gelatin, orange juice, pineapple juice, soda, raw carrot, cheese, potatoes, occaisonal bread/pasta, occaisonal butter, olive oil, lots of salt, and i take vitamins too (magnesium, b-complex, k2, retinol, calcium) as well as 1-2 grains per day of thiroyd from pimpomproduct.

could i be craving these fattening foods because of some nutrient deficiency, or what? sugar gets a bad reputation for being allegedly addictive, but i never found that to be true in my case at all... i would much rather eat endless amounts of mac n cheese if i could...

:cry: :?:

Peata

I hope you get some answers. I have tried all kinds of adjustments to what I eat - no starch, low fat, etc. but nothing gets going for fat loss so far. If left to what I WANT to eat, I also prefer fat and starch rather than sugar, but apparently it's not a good combo.

Mittir

I have been following a strict Peat diet for about 2 years now and i have lost about
23 lbs and that is about 14 % of my body weight without any kind of exercise or
calorie restriction. I was not restricting calories before peating.
One obvious possibility is that you are eating more calories now than
before peating and you are eating more calories than you can burn.
Cronometer.com is a very useful tool here to track intakes of calories
and all the nutrients. I lost about 14 lbs when i switched completely from
starch+sugar to only sugar ( milk, fruits, honey, sucrose). Now i eat starch at least
once a day and sometimes twice a day. I was restricting PUFA intake before i started
strict peating and i believe that helped a lot. RP thinks stored PUFA is the major
cause of decreased metabolism. It takes about 4 years to replace all the PUFA
by dietary change. I think one should wait at least a year before expecting some
major shift in metabolism. Calcium phosphorus ratio and calcium intake plays a big
role in increasing metabolism. We need more nutrients with increasing metabolism.
80+ grams of quality protein is essential. Home made Mac and cheese should be much better than food fried in vegetable oil. RP thinks gluten is toxic to everyone, but some are
more resistant to it than others. If you use traditional method of soaking or sprouting grains
then wheat is much safer. Sourdough bread is a good example.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals