Cody's Log

tara

javacody said:
On a non-guitar related note, something a little astonishing to me is that I just noticed my gray hair is going away. What the hell? Anyone else heard of this happening?
Wow! I think you mean regaining it's colour, not falling out, right?

OP
J

javacody

tara said:
javacody said:
On a non-guitar related note, something a little astonishing to me is that I just noticed my gray hair is going away. What the hell? Anyone else heard of this happening?
Wow! I think you mean regaining it's colour, not falling out, right?

Yes. I had distinguished gray at my temples and above my ears. I can barely see any gray anymore.

Am I going bonkers?

OP
J

javacody

In doing some research, it looks like gray hair is caused by oxidation. Theoretically, it should be reversible and vitiligo is a similar process but in the skin, and vitiligo has been fixed with medication, returning pigment to the skin and making white eyelashes turn dark again.

I've been taking over 6 grams of aspirin per day, and at least 50 grams of collagen per day. Maybe that combination is what did it?

tara

I doubt you are going bonkers. :)
Collagen and aspirin might be part of it. There are a couple of related threads. Some mention of copper and other factors too.

YuraCZ

javacody said:
In doing some research, it looks like gray hair is caused by oxidation. Theoretically, it should be reversible and vitiligo is a similar process but in the skin, and vitiligo has been fixed with medication, returning pigment to the skin and making white eyelashes turn dark again.

I've been taking over 6 grams of aspirin per day, and at least 50 grams of collagen per day. Maybe that combination is what did it?
stress = cortisol = lack of ceruloplasmin = lack of copper = Gray hair, lack of collagen synthesis = aging skin, bad joints, aneurysm, varicose veins, spider veins etc.. Good example is Albert Einstein. Grey-haired and he died due to aneurysm...

SQu

Great progress Cody! I think also related to tryptophan lowering - less serotonin?

OP
J

javacody

sueq said:
Great progress Cody! I think also related to tryptophan lowering - less serotonin?

Thanks!

Haidut mentioned the same in an IM.

It is SO FREAKING WONDERFUL to finally be making progress, mostly thanks to the awesome people in this forum!

Peat's_Girl

You welcome ;D

Haha...
I'm not very useful. Y_Y

That's wonderful, Code, though I'm sure you'll be a silver-haired fox ;P

OP
J

javacody

Peat's_Girl said:
You welcome ;D

Haha...
I'm not very useful. Y_Y

That's wonderful, Code, though I'm sure you'll be a silver-haired fox ;P

Just having company on the journey is the most useful thing there is. :canada3

And I think you and I may be on parallel journeys, you with the yin and me with the yang. I didn't mean for that to sound dirty, by the way.

OP
J

javacody

Me with my yang just sounds kinda dirty.

narouz

javacody said:
I LOVE early ZZTop. Great stuff. Billy Gibbons was a big influence on me I think just because ZZ Top was all over the radio in the early 80s.

Before ZZ Top, he was in a band called The Moving Sidewalks in, I think, Houston.
They sometimes opened for Hendrix.
Hendrix gave him one of his guitars...a pink strat I think.

http://www2.gibson.com/News-Lifestyle/Features/en-us/the-man-behind-the-beard-501.aspx
We're talkin' circa 1968 or 1969.

Hendrix said on television that Gibbons was America's best guitar player.

Attachments

• the moving sidewalks and hendrix.jpg
    the moving sidewalks and hendrix.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 499
  • young-zz-top-billy-gibbons.jpg
    young-zz-top-billy-gibbons.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 497
OP
J

javacody

narouz said:
javacody said:
I LOVE early ZZTop. Great stuff. Billy Gibbons was a big influence on me I think just because ZZ Top was all over the radio in the early 80s.

Before ZZ Top, he was in a band called The Moving Sidewalks in, I think, Houston.
They sometimes opened for Hendrix.
Hendrix gave him one of his guitars...a pink strat I think.

http://www2.gibson.com/News-Lifestyle/Features/en-us/the-man-behind-the-beard-501.aspx
We're talkin' circa 1968 or 1969.

Hendrix said on television that Gibbons was America's best guitar player.

Being a huge Jimi Hendrix fan, I'd read most of that. Billy Gibbons is I think a vastly underrated guitarist. But I think that's because he doesn't really show off like a lot of guitar players. He plays what's appropriate for the song.

OP
J

javacody

Giraffe said:
Congrats on your progress, Cody! Keep it up!

Thanks Giraffe!

Feeling a little cold today when I realized I forgot to take niacinamide.

Taking 500mg fixed me right up!

pboy

yea man ZZ top ...I haven't heard much of them but what I have is dope, its like pure driving deep, I love it...and their guitar player wrecks. IM not huge into blues and stuff but they managed to make a unique sound that's like pure electric generating...at least what ive heard, im sure their albums probably have buncha duds too but oh well

Giraffe

Cody, is that you on that pic? I had a complete different mental image... :lol

Don't forget your niacinamide tomorrow! And eat a couple of gummy worms before breakfast! (The proteins are better utilized if you refill your liver with sugar first. I think this is, what Tara tried to tell you.)

OP
J

javacody

I had a coke and some string cheese for breakfast this morning, Giraffe. LOL

I'm out of gummy worms or bears. What a sad, sad thing.

pboy, pretty much anything ZZ Top did in the 70's is top shelf. The stuff in the 80's is more mainstream radio friendly, which may not be a bad thing, but I prefer the earlier albums.

narouz

javacody said:
Being a huge Jimi Hendrix fan, I'd read most of that. Billy Gibbons is I think a vastly underrated guitarist. But I think that's because he doesn't really show off like a lot of guitar players. He plays what's appropriate for the song.

I agree, cody.
At least about the first couple of albums.
When they got huge and started with the beards and bearded guitars and playing huge coliseums
and being played on the radio all the time...
...then he might've started showing off a little.
Some of those later hits were fun but a little soulless.
It was nice when you could really see what they looked like without their cartoon disguises.

narouz

pboy said:
yea man ZZ top ...I haven't heard much of them but what I have is dope, its like pure driving deep, I love it...and their guitar player wrecks. IM not huge into blues and stuff but they managed to make a unique sound that's like pure electric generating...at least what ive heard, im sure their albums probably have buncha duds too but oh well

I can imagine, pboy, that you may prefer the more hardcore rockin' later albums.
But here's another good 'un from that first album of '72...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8R-R-89TiA

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals