Why Do I Find Dairy Fat To Be Particularly Fattening?

YuraCZ

I don't think insulin plays a role in weight gain, I agree with Westside, insulin rises after a meal so that the sugar can be stored as glycogen, if insulin spiking would make you store everything you eat as fat, then eating potatoes, whole milk etc would make someone gain huge amounts of fat while leaving them fatiqued. It doesn't seem to be the case, people lose a lot of weight on high starch, low fat diets, and even on high protein, high carb diets as long as overall calories are in check. Personally I eat a lot of potatoes, meat and dairy products and I am very slim.
" insulin rises after a meal so that the sugar can be stored as glycogen"
This is true. The problem is people don't have much muscle mass these days. if any.. Another problem is how many people deplete their muscle glycogen on a daily basis if they have some muscles? ( if they dont have much muscle mass where is stored all that glucose if its not burned right away like energy gel during excersises for example??? As fat..) So if you have muscle mass and/or if you are active ok.. But scenario in these days look like this = zero activity, zero muscle mass and excess of calories. Insulin is spiking all the time, but glycogen storages are full..

"I don't think insulin plays a role in weight gain"
Insulin is the single most important thing for bodybuilders to build mass alone with growth hormone and steroids. Professionals know how much iu of insulin they need to build muscle and not gain fat. But I was bodybuilder for 10 years and every noob I know who was using insulin WAS FAT AS ****..
Btw there is no single huge 140 kg bodybuilder who is not using insulin. It is the most anabolic hormone for the body!

Last edited:

A. squamosa

For me, when I went to full cream dairy, I also dropped all grains + minimised starches, + made sure the dairy cows were fully pasture fed (and organic), I lost weight and gained a much flatter stomach. Without exercising! It took about 3 months to notice those changes. Due to my weak will and love of grains and starches I starting eating those things again and regained the bloat and weight :/
Dairy isn't a silver bullet (nothing is), for me it was the above combination that really worked.

Dragon

.....Since it's very hard to qualify the type of milk drank by each poster and its effect on it being fattening, it's very hard to draw any conclusions.

c'mon now, it's not hard at all....-everyone's- doing it! :p

perhaps you meant to say "...very unwise to draw any conclusions."

yerrag

:lol: ^^this

especially in coffee, in the morning, that first cup...
Just had one. Goes down so well. Enjoying its goodness. You should try having it with dairy fat of water buffalo, or carabao. No, take the milk straight. Coffee will ruin its goodness!

sladerunner69

Because dairy fat is intended to be fattening, by nature. That is why Peat recommends a diet with lowfat milk and a bit of cheeses and a bit of cream in the coffee. With the increase in metabolism you shouldn't go above 15% bodyfat...

Dr. B

I disagree.

The insulin response by the pancreas is a normal, physiological and biochemical reaction to amino acids and disaccharides/polysaccharides that pass by the beta cells of the pancreas. It's purpose is to transport them to their appropriate places around the body. They can't get to where they need to go to without insulin. That's why type one diabetics must inject insulin, everyday, multiple times a day for their whole life. Glycogen can not be stored without insulin and amino acids can not be moved around without insulin. In order for those amino acids and sugars to be stored as fat they would have to be converted into triglycerides first, which is a very energy consuming process whereas dietary fats do not use insulin and are easily converted into triglycerides by the liver which are then stored as fat. This is why your fat tissue is comprised of the type of fats you eat most. If you eat a lot of trans fat, we can test it. If you eat a lot of fish fat, we can test it:

National Human Adipose Tissue Survey (NHATS) | Risk Assessment Portal | US EPA

The Composition of Human Adipose Tissue from Several Parts of the World
Interesting point on the energy consuming process- so for further clarification, say you eat 500 calories of all sugar or protein and the body is converting all of that to fat. Since its an energy consuming process, would those 500 calories of sugars or protein only end up creating perhaps 300 calories worth of fat?

Dr. B

My guess is that people who gain fat easily from dairy fat or milk already have high estrogen/ low progesterone for various reasons. A common one is probably impaired liver estrogen detox and general function from some type of gut issue, possibly a mature pathogenic biofilm. Another common cause for high estrogen/low progesterone for many is simply from very little sunlight exposure. The optimal hormonal effects come from about 6 hours of being outdoors and one hour of near full body skin exposure per day. It should be no surprise why so many modern people have these hormone ratios out of whack and can gain fat and water weight so easily.

I also wonder if conventional dairy fat has a higher estrogen to progesterone ratio than a more high quality source. That would probably add to the estrogen toxicity in someone who already has very poor estrogen detox function.
I dont think thats even remotely true. Theres plenty of low sunlight northern european societies who did very well, in fact these cultures actually produced super athletes like some african cultures. Thanks to the beef and dairy based diets. One hour of sunlight is literally like cooking and burning your skin… it will probably ruin your facial features over time too.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals