Dave's Recovery Log - April 2016

Wagner83

I suppose. I'll keep eating potatoes for a while and try some waxy (red) potatoes.

I cooked them for 15-20 minutes in the microwave, put them on a skillet with some fully hydrogenated coconut oil, added some homemade gelatinized beef stew and stirred that in while cooking. Very tasty.
I steam them for 1.5 hour , and still the difference between totally waxy potatotoes and less quality is important. It sounds possible that they were not cooked enough (imo).
Its amazing the effect too much meat can have on the body. For me, who was never a full on low carber, i think reducing meat intake has been almost as valuable as restricting PUFA. I still eat meat, but not like i used to.

Re; Meat

I agree, I've significantly cut out animal meats after reading about tryptophan derangement (among other aminos,) as well as the anti-thyroid properties. Too much muscle meat induces the same metabolic state as prolonged exposure to cortisol.

How much meat have you guys settled on? How much proteins do you eat in a day?

Jsaute21

I steam them for 1.5 hour , and still the difference between totally waxy potatotoes and less quality is important. It sounds possible that they were not cooked enough (imo).

How much meat have you guys settled on? How much proteins do you eat in a day?

I am a decent dized guy. (195 LBS.) I feel best on a lot of protein. From meat, i probably consume 70G a day. From milk and casein protein combined, probably 80-100 G. I should probably make it 130 G from milk, 30-40 from meat.

raypeatclips

@Jsaute21 What negatives were you referring to when you said "Its amazing the effect too much meat can have on the body"? I've recently increased meat and poultry quite a bit and not noticed any negatives. Probably consuming 50/50 protein from meat sources and dairy, but protein much higher than before.

Jsaute21

@Jsaute21 What negatives were you referring to when you said "Its amazing the effect too much meat can have on the body"? I've recently increased meat and poultry quite a bit and not noticed any negatives. Probably consuming 50/50 protein from meat sources and dairy, but protein much higher than before.

I am coming from a paleo type background so i used to eat a lot of meat. What you describe above seems perfectly fine. I would just listen to your body.

Dhair

Indeed; what bothers me most though is the lack of interaction (and value to other humans beings.) I hate living my life with future-orientation (I can feel the serotonin oozing out of my textbooks.) I want to make an impact NOW, and help people NOW.

That's good to know; a friend of mine today was just saying how community college is much more personal than the university. Trade's are on my priorities, but I don't really have a passion there either; it would be the same effect, but maybe less boring and more difficult. Nutritional counseling is something I'm passionate about, and I feel a force driving me to do that. One could call it God, but it's a very strong sense of compulsion to go in that direction, and I feel so clear when I listen to it.
For what it's worth, I believe that thinking this way is a sign that your health has drastically improved.

OP
DaveFoster

DaveFoster

For what it's worth, I believe that thinking this way is a sign that your health has drastically improved.
Indeed. A murky, ambivalent complacency has become far too common unfortunately.

OP
DaveFoster

DaveFoster

Jsaute21

For caffeine, I just feel better not consuming it, or in very small quantities. My pulse stays up at 90 and temp at 99.0 with minimal supplements (from the serotonin antagonists I take, I'd imagine.) I'll try to wean off those, but inosine gives me some weird irritability in higher dosages (500 mg, the standard dose). A smaller dose of 200 mg seems to give some clarity of thought, but it's subtle.

Just was referencing this quote.

OP
DaveFoster

DaveFoster

Just was referencing this quote.
I now know that pulse and temperature must be taken in context with mood. It's reasonable to suspect hypothyroidism if depression coincides with a higher pulse and temperature.

OP
DaveFoster

DaveFoster

@Dobbler It should be in the thread. Milk, OJ, carrots, eggs, beef, gelatin, onions, garlic, potatoes, spices, salt and pepper, and so forth. Baked potatoes, taken after into a pan with beef stew to produce something like hash. Skim milk, lots of OJ. 3 carrots eaten daily, and around 2-4 eggs per week. Everything cooked in coconut oil (fully hydrogenated).

Note: 40,000 IU vitamin D taken twice per week topically in MCT oil did not raise my vit D above the bottom end of the range.

I will use 80,000 IU topically EOD.

raypeatclips

@Dobbler It should be in the thread. Milk, OJ, carrots, eggs, beef, gelatin, onions, garlic, potatoes, spices, salt and pepper, and so forth. Baked potatoes, taken after into a pan with beef stew to produce something like hash. Skim milk, lots of OJ. 3 carrots eaten daily, and around 2-4 eggs per week. Everything cooked in coconut oil (fully hydrogenated).

Note: 40,000 IU vitamin D taken twice per week topically in MCT oil did not raise my vit D above the bottom end of the range.

Let us know how your vitamin D levels responds.

Dobbler

Do you use garlic and onions for their antibacterial properties or for just taste? Do you think raw garlic is beneficial to take daily to prevent gram negative bacteria and pathogens?

OP
DaveFoster

DaveFoster

Do you use garlic and onions for their antibacterial properties or for just taste? Do you think raw garlic is beneficial to take daily to prevent gram negative bacteria and pathogens?
For taste.

Raw garlic has many benefits in that regard but can irritate the GI tract with allicin being the main component.

OP
DaveFoster

DaveFoster

Have you tried real lipo-C? Or maybe you'd need to do neutralized sodium ascorbate? I started on neutralized but can take it straight now with no issue. I think it heals the gut. I used to have IBS-C, not even a hint of it anymore.
No, ascorbic acid. I've heard liposomal C has a high price tag. Do you use it mainly for mental/gut issues? It seems like you mean it stimulates the intestine.

Just another entry for 12/13/17: I've talked to my doc, and got an appointment with a pdoc, and my doc did not recommend the high dosages of cyproheptadine (30 mg/day) that I'm taking, and suggested Lamictal (lamotrigine).

alywest

Where do you get micronized progesterone? I don't think you need to keep the ingredients you listed in the fridge, the whole thing is that the BRAND Progest-E by Kenogen is made with potentially inferior ingredients (including soy derived E) that need to be refrigerated for some reason.

OP
DaveFoster

DaveFoster

Where do you get micronized progesterone? I don't think you need to keep the ingredients you listed in the fridge, the whole thing is that the BRAND Progest-E by Kenogen is made with potentially inferior ingredients (including soy derived E) that need to be refrigerated for some reason.
I was lucky enough to find some on eBay.

InChristAlone

No, ascorbic acid. I've heard liposomal C has a high price tag. Do you use it mainly for mental/gut issues? It seems like you mean it stimulates the intestine.

Just another entry for 12/13/17: I've talked to my doc, and got an appointment with a pdoc, and my doc did not recommend the high dosages of cyproheptadine (30 mg/day) that I'm taking, and suggested Lamictal (lamotrigine).
Yes lipo C would cost about a dollar a day. I'm experimenting with it, and it warms me better than ascborbic acid. Just pricey. Yeah I like to use a big dose in the morning to stimulate a bowel movement as I don't drink coffee. It's also good for depression and anxiety.

Back
Top Bottom