RPC's Log

OP
raypeatclips

raypeatclips

@milk_lover Yeah that is the exact steps I followed, even dropped down to around 2.5-3 grams of mag hydroxide and still got some settling on the bottom. I never diluted and drank as it is, but only in amounts of maybe 250ml. So I was probably getting around 375 mg elemental magnesium per serving.

milk_lover

@raypeatclips is the settling on the bottom unsettling in a way that the powder goes to waste or it causes stomach issues? I will have to experiment with it to see how it goes. Have you tried 2 grams or below?

OP
raypeatclips

raypeatclips

@raypeatclips is the settling on the bottom unsettling in a way that the powder goes to waste or it causes stomach issues? I will have to experiment with it to see how it goes. Have you tried 2 grams or below?

It makes me think the mixture hasn't fully reacted, or something like that. I don't drink the bottom bits with powder at the bottom, but when I pour, sometimes it mixes a little bit and I can't remember any stomach problems from it. I imagine the bottom bit would just be like taking milk of magnesia on its own, as mag hydroxide which hasn't reacted.

I haven't tried 2 grams or below yet.

milk_lover

It makes me think the mixture hasn't fully reacted, or something like that. I don't drink the bottom bits with powder at the bottom, but when I pour, sometimes it mixes a little bit and I can't remember any stomach problems from it. I imagine the bottom bit would just be like taking milk of magnesia on its own, as mag hydroxide which hasn't reacted.

I haven't tried 2 grams or below yet.
Thanks for the answer :)

OP
raypeatclips

raypeatclips

Had a starch free day yesterday, things went well until it was time to sleep. Slept terribly until I had a bowl of coco pops (No added vitamins) and managed to sleep well after that. Started to take thiamine today, it seems the best thing to help the most amount of problems I have. Took around ~100mg with a large amount of sugared milk, about 60-70g sugar, so hopefully no negative reactions.

Orion

Had a starch free day yesterday, things went well until it was time to sleep. Slept terribly until I had a bowl of coco pops (No added vitamins) and managed to sleep well after that. Started to take thiamine today, it seems the best thing to help the most amount of problems I have. Took around ~100mg with a large amount of sugared milk, about 60-70g sugar, so hopefully no negative reactions.

I think B1 can speed up the use of carbs, best to make sure you have enough sugar through the day. Could lead to reduced glycogen storage and another bad night sleep.

Mittir

100 mg of B1 gives me mild headache. One of my friend tried this and got
shortness of breath but felt good in other ways.

OP
raypeatclips

raypeatclips

Felt okay today with the B1, not sure what difference it made. Had mild headache but there were other variables at play which could have caused the headache other than B1. Think I will continue to use it as well as maybe think about adding in niacinamide or trying niacinamide without the thiamine. Bowel felt inflamed earlier, need to be regular with carrot salad again.

OP
raypeatclips

raypeatclips

Not updated in a while because I feel alright really. Eat starch, usually 1 serving of potatoes a day 300-400g with cheese and usually 1 service of rice 60-80g with vegetables and meat. The rest of my diet is basically milk. Had quite a lot of casein protein shakes with oj but stepping that back after realising how much glutamic acid there is in casein powder. Having more fat than usual, probably about 60-100g not too sure really. Drink about 100ml cream before bed along with hot sugared milk. I feel like I can sleep longer undisturbed when eating a fair bit of fat before bed. Higher fat I feel able to go longer between meals without crashing, less anxiety, overall better. I have put weight on however.

Bowel movements are probably the best they've been for years, guaranteed 1 a day. The lower right abdominal pain which I attributed to bowel inflammation is 95% gone. Eaten a serving of cooked mushrooms every day, potatoes and vegetables such as onion and bell peppers with rice I believe has improved my bowels. I had a couple of days without potatoes a week ago and bowels were noticeably worse.

I want to start supplementing but have a real aversion to supplements at the moment, things like niacinamide and thiamine, I don't want a crash and a set back because things seem okay, but could always be better.

Taking mag bicarb almost every day, red light, estroban occasionally.

Issues are hair loss, weight gain, sleeping through the night fully without waking.

OP
raypeatclips

raypeatclips

So I've managed to sleep through the night 3 days running now, which I must not have done for about 10 years. The difference was eating a lot of fat just before bed. I always drink sugared hot milk before bed but now added 100ml single cream into the bed time snack. I get 52g carb, 18g protein and 24g fat this way and around 500 calories.

I wake up not hungry at all, I am not sure if this is because I am eating too many calories or a sign of something else. I also wake up very groggy and need to snooze my alarms a few times, which I never really did before when I woke up in the night frequently. Perhaps a reduction in stress hormones? @Mittir Any ideas?

Mittir

I think it is the extra calories from carb and fat keeping the stress hormones
in check and allows you to sleep without waking up. Is it a pleasant grogginess?
the kind we get from a longer than usual sleep. Grogginess can be result
of gut irritation either from cream or extra protein you are eating.
I get gut irritation from butter and fullfat milk but do fine with coconut oil.
18 grams of protein just before bedtime can be problematic for some.
Are you taking cyproheptadine?

OP
raypeatclips

raypeatclips

@Mittir Yeah I would say it was quite a pleasant grogginess, I had a good day afterwards as well.
Why would cream irritate the intestine? Do you take coconut oil before bed? I assumed it would rev up my metabolism and wakr up again hungry in the nihht. Nope not currently on cypro

Mittir

It is a good thing that it is pleasant grogginess.
Though ideal would be pleasant without much grogginess.
I think some people, especially hypothyroid people have problem
digesting a lot of fat. Medium chain triglycerides in coconut oil
does not need bile acid to be digested. Bile acid can be a cause of
gut irritation.

I used to ate 1-2 tbs of coconut oil from dinner to bed time without
feeling extra energised. I do not get gut problem from eating ice cream
before bed. It is possible that dairy fat emulsified in egg yolk make things
easier on gut. Some time i skip milk before bed and get about
100 grams of ice cream ,which is about 20 grams of fat and 30 grams of
sugar. Sleep quality is slightly better with ice cream than sugared coffee milk.

OP
raypeatclips

raypeatclips

Think @Mittir may be onto something with the cream irritating my gut, my nose has been plugged past couple of days a few times, which never happens. Only things I have changed are cream and pregnenolone that I can think of. Going to try alternative fat sources before bed, full fat greek yoghurt at 10g per 100g or about 50g dark chocolate.

tara

I've got settling on the bottom every time I made the Mg bicarbonate water. Maybe it's wasted, but I figure what's dissolved is still good.
I went off the taste and stopped doing it a while ago. This time round I'm diluting it a bit, hoping that will be more sustainable, and it tastes better to me. Not drinking large amounts.
but stepping that back after realising how much glutamic acid there is in casein powder
Aha. Wonder if that's what got me with the casein powder (shame, because it was really delicious).

OP
raypeatclips

raypeatclips

I went off the taste and stopped doing it a while ago.

This is a better sign than any to stop I'd imagine. I've managed to make the mag bicarb water with no sediment in the bottom now, with 3 tbsp milk of magnesia and pouring it into the bottle and leaving the lid off for a few minutes. I think the mistake I made was putting the cap back on too soon.

Wonder if that's what got me with the casein powder (shame, because it was really delicious).

Yeah I enjoyed the casein powder too, but thought that continuing to take it might be doing more harm than good. All a learning process.

OP
raypeatclips

raypeatclips

Success again, drank a little less milk last night to have a little less protein and ate 50g chocolate. 61g carb, 26g fat, 16g protein. Slept solidly through the night once again, fat and calories before bed really works. I am sure the "grogginess" I feel waking up now is less adrenaline, it is more sleepiness than grogginess. I reckon my adrenaline was very high waking up multiple times a night, sometimes with pounding heart, needing food. Now I imagine my adrenaline is much lower, I am slower to get out of bed, feel sleepy etc.

OP
raypeatclips

raypeatclips

Hot, sugared, salty milk with 30-40g chocolate consistently lets me sleep through the night, usually 8 hours. Every now and then I wake up to urinate, but its maybe once every 3 nights, while before it was 1-2 times a night.

I feel sleepy in the morning when I wake for an hour or so, but it feels reminiscent of cyproheptadine, rather than a problem. Although perhaps I am wrong and it is not a good thing, but if I am sleeping through the night, surely that is always better than what I used to be like, waking up in the night every night. Is what I think about it.

Weighed myself this morning and despite eating lots of chocolate and cheese, weight has dropped around 1.5 lbs, it has increased about 5 since eating higher fat, so nice to see it's not continually rising.

OP
raypeatclips

raypeatclips

Felt horrendously tired the past few days. Coming home from work exhausted, despite it being quiet, and sleeping 11+ hours. I haven't used red light since mid December and decided to use them last night. I genuinely think the lack of light and exposure to darkness was causing these problems, after using the bulbs I feel so much better.

M

member 2106

I'm really suffering from lack of sunlight too. Been a bit lazy with red light, but I think I'll follow your lead. I hate winter.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals