Recovery Log Number 3

jayUK9779

Having ridden myself of fatigue and insomnia not once but twice I am attempting to do it a third time but this time having a log to go with it!

From what I can remember from my previous two recoveries that keeping pufa to a minimum and balancing my blood sugar throughout the day whilst keeping stress levels to a minimum especially during the early stages was crucial.

My main issues are not being able to tolerate dairy or OJ and having severe digestive issues and I have never took to sugars well to begin with!

My main motivating quote from ray peat last time was this "When the energy demand meets the stress level the recovery process can begin". This basically suggested two things i can do an thats reduce stress and increase energy!.

Probably gonna come under fire here but going to start with small meals of muscle meat,potatoes and well cooked kale or broccoli. Having done some reading I am going to try and have some Honey and Honeydew melon after meals to reduce the insulin spike from having starch and proteins such as muscle meat.

In the mornings I remember having coconut carrot salad on an empty stomach seems to have an instant effect last time on my brain fog and constipation, hopefully it will work as well this time around.

big issues for me is being underweight, both times I had improved my weight but long hours in work has led to this sickness and my weight going back to unhealthy levels.

stress levels have always been high with me as bullied badly as a child and early stages as an adult, adrenals have been maxed out. not having good quality salt in the UK cant really use any to help me. So meditation daily is going to be my plan to relax the system.

let you know how things go daily!! :) lets see if I can pull this off for a third time!

4peatssake

jayUK9779 said:
Having ridden myself of fatigue and insomnia not once but twice I am attempting to do it a third time but this time having a log to go with it!

From what I can remember from my previous two recoveries that keeping pufa to a minimum and balancing my blood sugar throughout the day whilst keeping stress levels to a minimum especially during the early stages was crucial.

My main issues are not being able to tolerate dairy or OJ and having severe digestive issues and I have never took to sugars well to begin with!

My main motivating quote from ray peat last time was this "When the energy demand meets the stress level the recovery process can begin". This basically suggested two things i can do an thats reduce stress and increase energy!.

Probably gonna come under fire here but going to start with small meals of muscle meat,potatoes and well cooked kale or broccoli. Having done some reading I am going to try and have some Honey and Honeydew melon after meals to reduce the insulin spike from having starch and proteins such as muscle meat.

In the mornings I remember having coconut carrot salad on an empty stomach seems to have an instant effect last time on my brain fog and constipation, hopefully it will work as well this time around.

big issues for me is being underweight, both times I had improved my weight but long hours in work has led to this sickness and my weight going back to unhealthy levels.

stress levels have always been high with me as bullied badly as a child and early stages as an adult, adrenals have been maxed out. not having good quality salt in the UK cant really use any to help me. So meditation daily is going to be my plan to relax the system.

let you know how things go daily!! :) lets see if I can pull this off for a third time!
Good luck Jay!

I'd suggest considering adding gelatin to your meals with muscle meats, in the form of bone broth or Great Lakes gelatin if you tolerate it so you get a better amino acids profile. When I eat starch it is mostly in the form of potatoes with milk and butter and my body loves me for it. :)

Peat favors cooked kale over broccoli. Broccoli gives me issues but it all comes down to what works for each individual. Do you eat mushrooms? I include them when having a steak, gelatin and potato meal. And a Mexican coke.

You've done it before so I'm sure you can do it again.

OP
J

jayUK9779

Thank you 4peatssake such a lovely response, my progress so far is none. Stuck to small frequent meals with lots of coconut oil and introduced honey. Honey didnt agree with me gave me a hard stomach after eating it. Bit fed up, will continue to do what i can, mind is racing meditation not working yet and look very underweight with big bags under eyes. suppose only one way i can go when i hit rock bottom and thats up. My two other recoveries were slow so going to try and remain patient.

OP
J

jayUK9779

Feel terrible right now, had a fantastic day yesterday was the best day so far felt calmer than I have for months with energy. I go to bed and feel something coming on. About 2 -3am i wake up to my mind racing,difficultly breathing and shakes i usually get from sugar. I felt that bad I nearly called for medical assistance. I tried to stay calm and meditate through it, eventually drifted off about 5-6am and woke up around 8:30 with shakes and weakness like normal. Really upset with my progress so far. big puffy eyes bags and feel depressed looking in the mirror.

Woke up this morning had grated raw carrot no coconut oil ran out yesterday.

Dinner pork, well cooked potatoes, and kale

Snack Coffee 6 sugars 1 tablespoon of gelatine.

Mood is very low I am tired and weak, just hope i can pull through this.

OP
J

jayUK9779

Had a few up an down days lately cant determine whats making me worse or better seem to be doing better reducing my liquids. will see how it goes

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom