My Personal Log

delysid

My name is Albert. I am a long time lurker – I love this forum! It's helped me so much in my road to hell– i mean, to health.

On and off, but mostly on, I have been "Peating" for about four years. I can't say my health has significantly improved, but who knows where it would be hadn't I discovered the works of Ray Peat. I tried it all, dietary recommendations, supplements, breathing, light, and so on.

Life's not bad, but I am going through a tough moment. A psychological trigger about a month ago set me up for severe insomnia and neck/back pain, and spiraling anxiety around those issues. I believe I am very slowly healing, it's all a learning process.

As long as moderators are fine with it, I'll use this log as a journal / personal brain dump! It's meant to be useful to myself but if anyone else finds it interesting, all the better. I am in perfectionism rehab – so I'll go ahead and write whatever I feel is contributing to or hindering my health journey, despite my broken second-language, English, and my paralysis by analysis behavior.

DaveFoster

"I think only a new perspective on the nature of living matter will make it possible to properly take advantage of the multitude of practical and therapeutic effects of the various life-supporting substances--pregnenolone, progesterone, thyroid hormone, and coconut oil in particular."

- Dr. Raymond Peat

OP
delysid

delysid

Thank you Dessert and Dave!

The term "life-supporting" is interesting; I am experimenting with all of those substances.

The body is extremely sophisticated in its constant attempt to keep homeostasis. On the other hand it feels like a dumb post when you consciously know there's no danger but the body perceives it as such. Actually, this is why we take "life-supporting" substances: to signal the body that things might not be perfect, but they are okay... no need to freak the **** out.

It's this self-reinforcing vicious-circle that makes things worse before they get better.

Adaptive/stress hormones all feed each other (thus we need to consciously break that cycle by taking "life-supporting" substances, and/or chill at a sunny beach). Rumination feeds fear and anxiety which feed more rumination, spiraling out of control (thus we need to meditate and/or take "life-supporting" substances; psychology and physiology are two sides of the same coin, after all).

"Fight or flight" response? We haven't evolved much from our reptilian selves.

OP
delysid

delysid

Meditation and sunlight are amazing healing tools.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals