Dave's Libido Log

sladerunner69

7'4". Good thyroid function mostly.

Whoa what are you doing just stretches and jelqs and stuff or weights or...

Also are yos till taking most of the supplements you mentionned at the beginning of this log? Or have you dialed it back to just a core of progesterone and coffee with other supps as needed?

OP
DaveFoster

DaveFoster

Whoa what are you doing just stretches and jelqs and stuff or weights or...

Also are yos till taking most of the supplements you mentionned at the beginning of this log? Or have you dialed it back to just a core of progesterone and coffee with other supps as needed?
No exercises of any kind whatsoever. Topical DHEA, pregnenolone, and progesterone applied to the testes and keeping my mood up with coffee, aspirin, anti-serotonin drugs, and plenty of sex.

sladerunner69

No exercises of any kind whatsoever. Topical DHEA, pregnenolone, and progesterone applied to the testes and keeping my mood up with coffee, aspirin, anti-serotonin drugs, and plenty of sex.

I really dont understand why I become so disinterested and inpassionate about sex or the pursut of sex whenever I take any of these hormones, especially in larger amounts. I think it has to do with the spacey depersonalized feeling and anxiety that just makes me stay away from girls.

OP
DaveFoster

DaveFoster

I really dont understand why I become so disinterested and inpassionate about sex or the pursut of sex whenever I take any of these hormones, especially in larger amounts. I think it has to do with the spacey depersonalized feeling and anxiety that just makes me stay away from girls.
I get the same feelings. I don't really have attraction in the traditional sense; I don't really meet any girls that I "click" with except for some older ones. Sex in a sexual situation does trigger a libido response however.

sladerunner69

Well then, it's as if you were speaking for me. Yes indeed, I "lack" that intense physical attraction I recall from the days of my high school crushes, but every now and again I will meet an exceptional girl who I consider "highly optionable" (econ student) for the reason she has looks that suit my eye AND the gravity of her spirit.

Still, girls never make starting something with them easy. Seems they all expect a guy to give them the chase of their lives. W/o the stress hormone-fuelled drive, I basically lack the motivation. In the end it's for the best, but I wish it was easier for a guy like me to meet and date women without acting like a shallow-minded d*ickhead

OP
DaveFoster

DaveFoster

Well then, it's as if you were speaking for me. Yes indeed, I "lack" that intense physical attraction I recall from the days of my high school crushes, but every now and again I will meet an exceptional girl who I consider "highly optionable" (econ student) for the reason she has looks that suit my eye AND the gravity of her spirit.

Still, girls never make starting something with them easy. Seems they all expect a guy to give them the chase of their lives. W/o the stress hormone-fuelled drive, I basically lack the motivation. In the end it's for the best, but I wish it was easier for a guy like me to meet and date women without acting like a shallow-minded d*ickhead
I still wrestle with these ideas, but Ray is not a fan of dependency within relationships. He mentions "spontaneous sex" as a positive activity, and I notice my regard for monogamy diminishes when I'm in a metabolically ideal state; then again, my desire for sex largely diminishes as well! Interestingly, the urge to cheat and have casual sex particularly remains absent in this state; a higher purpose reveals itself: goals of self-actualization, parenthood, community, service to others, and a relationship with the divine. This may have something to do with the historical obligations of monks and members of the church.

If we think of modern culture as majorly degenerate, then we can recognize the scarcity of ideal, "generate" mates; (if you'd like to call them 'K-selected,' I suppose that could apply.) If you network properly, I think you can find the right mate, but you need to look in the places where they would be, which includes churches, places like MENSA, and maybe university graduate programs (STEM majors possibly.) Obviously, there's a great deal of narcissism in these women (and men), but this would be a better bet than joining Tinder and bar hopping every other weekend.

@DaveFoster does applying progesterone on your balls decrease sensitivity? And why didn't you like andro on balls?
Andro was too strong for me. I can't tell if progesterone on the balls works any better than progesterone on the wrists; maybe it's slightly more potent. Maybe it does lower my penis sensitivity, but my life doesn't revolve around the feelings of my member, so I don't notice.

hef911

since i started to eat more foods in context of the ideas of peat last year, i start to notice that my behavior shifted from an emotional state to a more rational state, i used to crush a lot on chicks. i lost interest in kinship and only pursue sex for pleasure purposes and the feeling of achievement. I used to lower my weight to a very low body fat percentage ( my androgen production was very low), where i noticed i became very emotional driven en craved emotional attention from girls. So to respond to your statement @sladerunner69 . i think it is better to not want to emotional invest in a girl because this reduces that you come across as needy and may increases your chances :smirk:, that is at least what i noticed.

sladerunner69

I still wrestle with these ideas, but Ray is not a fan of dependency within relationships. He mentions "spontaneous sex" as a positive activity, and I notice my regard for monogamy diminishes when I'm in a metabolically ideal state; then again, my desire for sex largely diminishes as well! Interestingly, the urge to cheat and have casual sex particularly remains absent in this state; a higher purpose reveals itself: goals of self-actualization, parenthood, community, service to others, and a relationship with the divine. This may have something to do with the historical obligations of monks and members of the church.

If we think of modern culture as majorly degenerate, then we can recognize the scarcity of ideal, "generate" mates; (if you'd like to call them 'K-selected,' I suppose that could apply.) If you network properly, I think you can find the right mate, but you need to look in the places where they would be, which includes churches, places like MENSA, and maybe university graduate programs (STEM majors possibly.) Obviously, there's a great deal of narcissism in these women (and men), but this would be a better bet than joining Tinder and bar hopping every other weekend.

Andro was too strong for me. I can't tell if progesterone on the balls works any better than progesterone on the wrists; maybe it's slightly more potent. Maybe it does lower my penis sensitivity, but my life doesn't revolve around the feelings of my member, so I don't notice.

Interesting observations about monogamy and desire. I often wonder about Peat's love life but it isnt something he ever weites on. Ive never read about him having a wife or partner or initmate relationship or anything similar. However, when asked how often he has milkpancakes on the last KUMD, he responed "yes we do if we have a good supply of milk powder" so he's living with someone (unless he is being silly and refering to himself as a group)

I unserstand that the living state is improved the a high metabolism, probably over all areas, however that doesn't prevent me from feeling out of place and out of touch sometimes. I don't often feel connevtion with peer and with my local environment as I once did long ago, for better or worse. It is difficult to discern if that disconnection is a result of nutrition or of simply growing older. Now I mainly try to concern myself with activities I feel are very important, which is a good thing but I am not as interested in having fun with my buddies or picking up girls, which is what I was most concerned with just a few years ago before propecia. The enhsnced metabolic lifestyle is more relaxed with a focus on sifnificance and stimulatimg work, but it is hard to say if it is genuinely more productive because I know some very hard working energetuc folks with very poor diets who are clearly lit up on stress hormones.

OP
DaveFoster

DaveFoster

Interesting observations about monogamy and desire. I often wonder about Peat's love life but it isnt something he ever weites on. Ive never read about him having a wife or partner or initmate relationship or anything similar. However, when asked how often he has milkpancakes on the last KUMD, he responed "yes we do if we have a good supply of milk powder" so he's living with someone (unless he is being silly and refering to himself as a group)

I unserstand that the living state is improved the a high metabolism, probably over all areas, however that doesn't prevent me from feeling out of place and out of touch sometimes. I don't often feel connevtion with peer and with my local environment as I once did long ago, for better or worse. It is difficult to discern if that disconnection is a result of nutrition or of simply growing older. Now I mainly try to concern myself with activities I feel are very important, which is a good thing but I am not as interested in having fun with my buddies or picking up girls, which is what I was most concerned with just a few years ago before propecia. The enhsnced metabolic lifestyle is more relaxed with a focus on sifnificance and stimulatimg work, but it is hard to say if it is genuinely more productive because I know some very hard working energetuc folks with very poor diets who are clearly lit up on stress hormones.
All good thoughts. Work hard to buy things you don't need; I would think that creativity, wit, humor, well-being, and absence of both anxiety and depression are indicative of a good metabolic state. I'm still finding a way to achieve this, and I often find now that I'm drawn to important activities and away from idiotic conversations (where ideas offered are of little practical value.) Think of Ray Peat; he has assimilated such a vast collection of health dogma, and he went on to craft his own conclusions. When someone mentions health to him, he must find it boring, as he has to constantly correct and alter. For this reason, it's probably best (and indeed ideal) to talk about the other person and their interests, as you learn their specialty. Talking about yourself is indicative of an inherently low value, as you're qualifying your own ideas to another person, unless they inquire of course.

Asking questions would be the dominant, "high-energetic" approach, or making light of serious topics, which demonstrates your superiority through an example of your own intellectual vibrance, rather than an arduous accumulation of knowledge over time.

agnar

I get the same feelings. I don't really have attraction in the traditional sense; I don't really meet any girls that I "click" with except for some older ones. Sex in a sexual situation does trigger a libido response however.

hmmm, as a licensed medical health care professional, i believe i have identified the cause of your problems:

you
are
GAY

Regina

All good thoughts. Work hard to buy things you don't need; I would think that creativity, wit, humor, well-being, and absence of both anxiety and depression are indicative of a good metabolic state. I'm still finding a way to achieve this, and I often find now that I'm drawn to important activities and away from idiotic conversations (where ideas offered are of little practical value.) Think of Ray Peat; he has assimilated such a vast collection of health dogma, and he went on to craft his own conclusions. When someone mentions health to him, he must find it boring, as he has to constantly correct and alter. For this reason, it's probably best (and indeed ideal) to talk about the other person and their interests, as you learn their specialty. Talking about yourself is indicative of an inherently low value, as you're qualifying your own ideas to another person, unless they inquire of course.

Asking questions would be the dominant, "high-energetic" approach, or making light of serious topics, which demonstrates your superiority through an example of your own intellectual vibrance, rather than an arduous accumulation of knowledge over time.
Haha to "talking about yourself." I always find it amusing that so many of the people I interact with have zero idea about me. They never ask. lol

OP
DaveFoster

DaveFoster

since i started to eat more foods in context of the ideas of peat last year, i start to notice that my behavior shifted from an emotional state to a more rational state, i used to crush a lot on chicks. i lost interest in kinship and only pursue sex for pleasure purposes and the feeling of achievement. I used to lower my weight to a very low body fat percentage ( my androgen production was very low), where i noticed i became very emotional driven en craved emotional attention from girls. So to respond to your statement @sladerunner69 . i think it is better to not want to emotional invest in a girl because this reduces that you come across as needy and may increases your chances :smirk:, that is at least what i noticed.
I have a similar experience with the shift toward rationality. I've also traded empathy for sympathy. It's much better. As far as for girls my age, I like looking at them. As soon as I talk to them or hear them say anything, I wish that I had just appreciated them from a distance. Worse still, upon hearing about what they do in their spare time, often the activities involved at parties, the conversation must end immediately. I don't mind talking to slightly older women, though.

hmmm, as a licensed medical health care professional, i believe i have identified the cause of your problems:

you
are
GAY
I would give you a 0/5 on Yelp.

Haha to "talking about yourself." I always find it amusing that so many of the people I interact with have zero idea about me. They never ask. lol
That's sad. If I saw you in real life, I would definitely have regular conversations about coconut oil and your experience with the latest Idea Labs DC™ product. My brain turns off if I talk to someone for longer than 30 seconds unless there's something novel in the conversation or if I can help them in some way. Now that I think about it, George Carlin talked about this.

I've noticed that when I use nicotine, and to a lesser extent, caffeine, I can talk without getting the same kind of irritation.

Last edited:

Regina

I have a similar experience with the shift toward rationality. I've also traded empathy for sympathy. It's much better. As far as for girls my age, I like looking at them. As soon as I talk to them or hear them say anything, I wish that I had just appreciated them from a distance. Worse still, upon hearing about what they do in their spare time, often the activities involved at parties, the conversation must end immediately. I don't mind talking to slightly older women, though.

I would give you a 0/5 on Yelp.

That's sad. If I saw you in real life, I would definitely have regular conversations about coconut oil and your experience with the latest Idea Labs DC™ product. My brain turns off if I talk to someone for longer than 30 seconds unless there's something novel in the conversation or if I can help them in some way. Now that I think about it, George Carlin talked about this.

I've noticed that when I use nicotine, and to a lesser extent, caffeine, I can talk without getting the same kind of irritation.

Haha Thx Dave.

Attachments

• CB.jpg
    CB.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 36

Hgreen56

I read that you take high dose thiamine.
I wondering how do you take it.
every time i take this stuff, my time between meals decrease fast from 3 to 1 hour (so crashing fast)

also, what kinds of thiamine did you take?

After having started my whole milk (2 gallons per day), I am rapidly gaining weight, and my temps are lower. (This must be due to the MUFA's suppressive effect on metabolism.) I will continue to maintain my dose of thyroid at 2-3 grains per day for another couple weeks or so while upping my caffeine in take to around 3 grams per day. I'm also looking into DNP, but this is more of a last resort.
Do you have any study's that proof your claim that mufa suppress metabolism?
(not that i am not believing you)

Last edited:

PaRa

every time i take this stuff, my time between meals degrease fast from 3 to 1 hour (so crashing fast)

milk fat is full sfa
2gallons is like 7 liters so you have near 6-7000 kcal a day
But it’s because of milk’sMUFAs that you’re gaining weight ?

OP
DaveFoster

DaveFoster

every time i take this stuff, my time between meals decrease fast from 3 to 1 hour (so crashing fast)

Relative to lauric acid, for instance.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals