Ritalin giving me antidepressant effects

peatyzilian

So i discovered that i have a terrible ADHD disorder that basically make me unable to focus on anything without being distracted and becoming imperative. My mind too always has been very hyperactive, and feelings of anxiety are common. My psychiatrist prescribed me Ritalin, and under the effect of ritalin i'm able to focus, but not only that, also i feel a sense of pleasure and enjoyment of life, as if I had discovered a potential within me that was hidden. Ritalin gives me motivation to do things and ability to maintain motivated and sustained attention.

Is there any risks on using this medication? I haven't heard nothing bad about methylphenidate specifically, it's a dopamine reuptake inhibitor, Peat says dopamine is good.

tasfarelel

Pure ritalin will likely not be detrimental if you never increase the dose. However, the increase in motivation will diminish as you get used to the medication. Therefore, dose increases are typical.

Another thing is less mentioned - at least in the US, all amphetamines in tablet form have more detrimental non-active additives than other medications. You can feel them if you ever take enough equivalent to recreational doses. People rarely have experience with pure amphetamines and misinterpret discomfort from high doses as typical side effects of the amphetamine/ritalin. However, pure amphetamines, even if overdosed never give you some of the bad side-effects. At the standard dose, you will not feel them, but they will kill you slowly.

This is not to scare you away from ritalin, but I recommend that you take it only on a need basis for tasks which you have to do, but you know that you dislike doing them.

Clavius78

I've been diagnosed in 2018 with ADD at the age of 40. And I've been treating it with 36mg of slow release methylphenidate ever since. I can confirm the extra motivation and enjoyment in life. Less stress and anxiety. Makes sense of course, finally having some rest between the ears and finally being able to focus is something to be happy about. I have not noticed any need to tweak the dosage. It still works the same as it did the first week.

In my searches I've never found any real risks to taking it. On the contrary: There are some sources that say that methylphenidate is neuroprotective again Parkinsons and Alzheimers. People with AD(H)D have a higher risk for both of those. Apart from that, and at least in my case, it increases my quality of life so much that it is bound to give me a net positive result overall.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals