Herbie

actually, my primary care md, some big shot from the Mayo Clinic told me about people dying from giving up and having a broken heart.... so you statement that all physicians will " laugh you out of the room " is not really true.....

Ive smoked dmt with a medical doctor.

I've heard of some high level oncologist finally recognizing stress and helplessness as a real thing.

I agree. In my opinion an anti-serotonin or cortisol blocker would be less risky and still achieve the same effect. Dopamine agonists seem to be such hit and miss for many but for some they work remarkably well.

any suggestions? my gf is very much the high serotonin type. I'm trying to make her switch to the best diet she can tolerate. However, any small improvement from natural anti-serotonin or cortisol blockers would be appreciated. She won't pop pills though.

Those 4 seem to be quite interesting. Perhaps she will try yohimbine as I would like her to consume a bit less caffeine. They also mention RP and BCAA in the comments.

Area-1255: 4 Natural OTC Serotonin Antagonists

Last edited:

Nokoni

through administering DA agonists such as bromocriptine, ropinirole,
...and Diamant. Haidut may have good reason to not mention it himself, but to connect the dots for anybody not familiar with it, Diamant is notably useful for GUI.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
...and Diamant. Haidut may have good reason to not mention it himself, but to connect the dots for anybody not familiar with it, Diamant is notably useful for GUI.

Thank you.
Yes, I did not want to be the first one mentioning it as I do my best to avoid direct marketing. Along the same route, other adamantane deivatives like amantadine, rimantadine, bromantane, etc have also been shown to have direct dopaminergic effect. The mechanism of action seems to be more related to increasing activity of tyrosine hydroxylase, and thus endogenous dopamine synthesis. But the adamantanes are also known to directly act on D1 receptors, so the combination of these effects may make them more effective than the pure dopamine receptor agonists like bromocriptine.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I've heard of some high level oncologist finally recognizing stress and helplessness as a real thing.

any suggestions? my gf is very much the high serotonin type. I'm trying to make her switch to the best diet she can tolerate. However, any small improvement from natural anti-serotonin or cortisol blockers would be appreciated. She won't pop pills though.

Those 4 seem to be quite interesting. Perhaps she will try yohimbine as I would like her to consume a bit less caffeine. They also mention RP and BCAA in the comments.

Area-1255: 4 Natural OTC Serotonin Antagonists

Low dose ondansetron (1mg-2mg daily) seems to work quite well and in animal studies was shown to reverse learned helplessness and aggression related to serotonin excess. That site you found is by a former forum member. So, it is not surprising it contains quotes from Peat and information posted here.

REOSIRENS

I agree. In my opinion an anti-serotonin or cortisol blocker would be less risky and still achieve the same effect. Dopamine agonists seem to be such hit and miss for many but for some they work remarkably well.
Balance between inhibition and stimulation is essential to restore the joy of living...gaba inhibition will synergize with dopaminergic stimulation... Sleep is good to restore energy but you need stimulation in your life as well ....like socialization joy of accomplishing things and having opportunities in your life...and then inhibition of love...glucose... sleep..foods like( collagen/gelatin...glycine rich) will help ballance dopaminergic stimulation...people just need to take themselves out of stressful environment (dead end way of life)

Herbie

I spoke privately with a paramedic and was informed that 85% of emergency ambulance call outs are for mental health, not much dopamine around it appears.

This is why it’s getting harder to get an ambulance for physical emergency’s.

The highest chance of death for a man of my age in the culture I live in is suicide.

Last edited:

REOSIRENS

Yeah but some traumas are definitely lasting and there is no escape for most, like being bald. I would say that's true chronic defeat. Even some fat people never lose the weight, and it's a never-ending battle. What would you do in those cases?
There is always an escape... The way you see problems and try to solve them is very important...I have some bald friends and they are happy ( married(gorgeous women) educated and with goals in life) they didn't let people and hardships define them...have some fat friends and they don't look depressed..I see more good looking people obsessed with their looks
they can't enjoy life to the fullest( always worried about not looking attractive anymore)... We create our own monsters...and it's the industrial Western societies that are creating traumatic experiences

Last edited:

REOSIRENS

Low dose ondansetron (1mg-2mg daily) seems to work quite well and in animal studies was shown to reverse learned helplessness and aggression related to serotonin excess. That site you found is by a former forum member. So, it is not surprising it contains quotes from Peat and information posted here.
Dr Raymond Peat...Hans Seyle...Ivan Pavlov...they say good environment is the best solution for learned helplessness... You can take drugs and supplements but if you don't take yourself out of bad environment these tools will not help you at all...your bad environment will continue to nullify any benefits you may get from drugs or supplements

No drug or supplement gives you the benefits of love
Feeling you get accomplishing things
Socialization

REOSIRENS

There is always an escape... The way you see problems and try to solve them is very important...I have some bald friends and they are happy ( married(gorgeous women) educated and with goals in life) they didn't let people and hardships define them...have some fat friends and they don't look depressed..I see more good looking people obsessed with their looks that they can't enjoy life to the fullest( always worried about not looking attractive anymore)... We create our own monsters...and it's the industrial Western societies that are creating traumatic experiences
"Adopting the right attitude can convert a negative stress into a positive one."
Hans Seyle

Owen B

The "freeze response" once again: in the extreme cases of stress - endurance exercise, PTSD - the main chemical correlates are endogenous opioids, enkephalins.

Death is not from over expression of the SNS. It's from the literally anesthetic effect of the opioids. Numbing and paralysis prevail. The heart stops.

From multiple traumas I have it in spades and I'm going to have to pull the trigger on a dopamine remedy: selegiline or some Diamant.

Nokoni

How many misfortunes – illnesses, injuries, deaths, rejections, financial setbacks, to oneself or loved ones – are there in life? Lots. Are they all evenly distributed throughout life? Most of the time they are probably fairly evenly distributed. But how often do they get bunched up and happen one after the other? Maybe not often, but it probably still happens a lot.

When there is time in between, being philosophical about them is easier. But when it turns into a string that just keeps coming, being philosophical will eventually turn into “somebody up there don’t like me”. The difference between individuals is the length of the string they can endure before reaching that point, but it can happen to anyone. Every man, like every rat, has his breaking point.

REOSIRENS

How many misfortunes – illnesses, injuries, deaths, rejections, financial setbacks, to oneself or loved ones – are there in life? Lots. Are they all evenly distributed throughout life? Most of the time they are probably fairly evenly distributed. But how often do they get bunched up and happen one after the other? Maybe not often, but it probably still happens a lot.

When there is time in between, being philosophical about them is easier. But when it turns into a string that just keeps coming, being philosophical will eventually turn into “somebody up there don’t like me”. The difference between individuals is the length of the string they can endure before reaching that point, but it can happen to anyone. Every man, like every rat, has his breaking point.
"Nothing erases unpleasant thoughts more effectively than conscious concentration on pleasant ones."

"Even after the greatest defeats, the depressing thought of being a failure is best combated by taking stock of all your past achievements."

Hans Selye

Fractality

The "freeze response" once again: in the extreme cases of stress - endurance exercise, PTSD - the main chemical correlates are endogenous opioids, enkephalins.

Death is not from over expression of the SNS. It's from the literally anesthetic effect of the opioids. Numbing and paralysis prevail. The heart stops.

From multiple traumas I have it in spades and I'm going to have to pull the trigger on a dopamine remedy: selegiline or some Diamant.

Have you also considered an anti-opiate like Naloxone nasal spray?

I will second that diamant does work although it does not have an acute effect and I only realized it worked after thinking back several times as to why I had had such a good couple of days and connecting it diamant usage earlier in the week. Strange stuff.

The only acute effect I noticed was sharper vision

I spoke privately with a paramedic and was informed that 85% of emergency ambulance call outs are for mental health, not much dopamine around it appears.

This is why it’s getting harder to get an ambulance for physical emergency’s.

The highest chance of death for a man of my age in the culture I live in is suicide.

I have heard Australia is really bad mental health wise. I’m curious as to why that is. I’ve seem australians and they seemed gregarious and outgoing but there was also a hint of overcompensating narcissism which is hint of childhood trauma. What is the child rearing like and the women like?

IMO I think it goes back to the roots of the country. Australia was initially a prison colony of men...women had an exaggerated value there that they had nowhere else. That causes problems.

While women in areas that were more male-biased do less paid work, they also enjoy more hours of leisure time than women in other parts of the country. Women today in areas that were more male-biased in the past work fewer hours in the workplace, but do not do more at home. Instead, they enjoy more free time.

We suggest this is a holdover from an era in which the marriage market for women among Australia’s European population was imbalanced in favour of women. Given potential female marriage partners were in short supply, women in those areas may have had more negotiating power in the home and used it to enjoy more free time and work less, especially given that the labour market was not very favourable to women in 19th-century Australia.

Such behaviours and attitudes were then transmitted from parents to children, and persist until today.

Nokoni

"Nothing erases unpleasant thoughts more effectively than conscious concentration on pleasant ones."

"Even after the greatest defeats, the depressing thought of being a failure is best combated by taking stock of all your past achievements."

Hans Selye
Shouting already before even seeing the drill. A useful reminder that the overconfident are often the first to fall.

marathon man.jpg

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom