CLICK HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Orange & Red Light Therapy Device - LGS1
    CLICK HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Cascara Sagrada Powder From Farmalabor In Italy
    CLICK HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

People Can Die As A Result Of Giving Up (a State Caused By Low Dopamine)

Discussion in 'Scientific Studies' started by haidut, Oct 4, 2018.

1. Benyamin Bulluc

Benyamin Bulluc Member

Ive smoked dmt with a medical doctor.

2. Benyamin Bulluc

Benyamin Bulluc Member

This is fantastic.

3. zewe

zewe Member

4. Regina

Regina Member

Hah!!! Devastating really.

5. Sourdoughbanana

Sourdoughbanana Member

I've heard of some high level oncologist finally recognizing stress and helplessness as a real thing.

any suggestions? my gf is very much the high serotonin type. I'm trying to make her switch to the best diet she can tolerate. However, any small improvement from natural anti-serotonin or cortisol blockers would be appreciated. She won't pop pills though.

Those 4 seem to be quite interesting. Perhaps she will try yohimbine as I would like her to consume a bit less caffeine. They also mention RP and BCAA in the comments.

Area-1255: 4 Natural OTC Serotonin Antagonists

6. Nokoni

Nokoni Member

...and Diamant. Haidut may have good reason to not mention it himself, but to connect the dots for anybody not familiar with it, Diamant is notably useful for GUI.

7. OP
    haidut

haidut Member

Thank you.
    Yes, I did not want to be the first one mentioning it as I do my best to avoid direct marketing. Along the same route, other adamantane deivatives like amantadine, rimantadine, bromantane, etc have also been shown to have direct dopaminergic effect. The mechanism of action seems to be more related to increasing activity of tyrosine hydroxylase, and thus endogenous dopamine synthesis. But the adamantanes are also known to directly act on D1 receptors, so the combination of these effects may make them more effective than the pure dopamine receptor agonists like bromocriptine.

8. OP
    haidut

haidut Member

Low dose ondansetron (1mg-2mg daily) seems to work quite well and in animal studies was shown to reverse learned helplessness and aggression related to serotonin excess. That site you found is by a former forum member. So, it is not surprising it contains quotes from Peat and information posted here.

9. REOSIRENS

REOSIRENS Member

Balance between inhibition and stimulation is essential to restore the joy of living...gaba inhibition will synergize with dopaminergic stimulation... Sleep is good to restore energy but you need stimulation in your life as well ....like socialization joy of accomplishing things and having opportunities in your life...and then inhibition of love...glucose... sleep..foods like( collagen/gelatin...glycine rich) will help ballance dopaminergic stimulation...people just need to take themselves out of stressful environment (dead end way of life)

10. Benyamin Bulluc

Benyamin Bulluc Member

I spoke privately with a paramedic and was informed that 85% of emergency ambulance call outs are for mental health, not much dopamine around it appears.

This is why it’s getting harder to get an ambulance for physical emergency’s.

The highest chance of death for a man of my age in the culture I live in is suicide.

11. REOSIRENS

REOSIRENS Member

There is always an escape... The way you see problems and try to solve them is very important...I have some bald friends and they are happy ( married(gorgeous women) educated and with goals in life) they didn't let people and hardships define them...have some fat friends and they don't look depressed..I see more good looking people obsessed with their looks
    they can't enjoy life to the fullest( always worried about not looking attractive anymore)... We create our own monsters...and it's the industrial Western societies that are creating traumatic experiences

12. REOSIRENS

REOSIRENS Member

Dr Raymond Peat...Hans Seyle...Ivan Pavlov...they say good environment is the best solution for learned helplessness... You can take drugs and supplements but if you don't take yourself out of bad environment these tools will not help you at all...your bad environment will continue to nullify any benefits you may get from drugs or supplements

No drug or supplement gives you the benefits of love
    Feeling you get accomplishing things
    Socialization

13. REOSIRENS

REOSIRENS Member

"Adopting the right attitude can convert a negative stress into a positive one."
    Hans Seyle

14. Owen B

Owen B Member

The "freeze response" once again: in the extreme cases of stress - endurance exercise, PTSD - the main chemical correlates are endogenous opioids, enkephalins.

Death is not from over expression of the SNS. It's from the literally anesthetic effect of the opioids. Numbing and paralysis prevail. The heart stops.

From multiple traumas I have it in spades and I'm going to have to pull the trigger on a dopamine remedy: selegiline or some Diamant.

15. Nokoni

Nokoni Member

How many misfortunes – illnesses, injuries, deaths, rejections, financial setbacks, to oneself or loved ones – are there in life? Lots. Are they all evenly distributed throughout life? Most of the time they are probably fairly evenly distributed. But how often do they get bunched up and happen one after the other? Maybe not often, but it probably still happens a lot.

When there is time in between, being philosophical about them is easier. But when it turns into a string that just keeps coming, being philosophical will eventually turn into “somebody up there don’t like me”. The difference between individuals is the length of the string they can endure before reaching that point, but it can happen to anyone. Every man, like every rat, has his breaking point.

16. REOSIRENS

REOSIRENS Member

"Nothing erases unpleasant thoughts more effectively than conscious concentration on pleasant ones."

"Even after the greatest defeats, the depressing thought of being a failure is best combated by taking stock of all your past achievements."

Hans Selye

17. Fractality

Fractality Member

Have you also considered an anti-opiate like Naloxone nasal spray?

18. pimpnamedraypeat

pimpnamedraypeat Member

I will second that diamant does work although it does not have an acute effect and I only realized it worked after thinking back several times as to why I had had such a good couple of days and connecting it diamant usage earlier in the week. Strange stuff.

The only acute effect I noticed was sharper vision

19. pimpnamedraypeat

pimpnamedraypeat Member

I have heard Australia is really bad mental health wise. I’m curious as to why that is. I’ve seem australians and they seemed gregarious and outgoing but there was also a hint of overcompensating narcissism which is hint of childhood trauma. What is the child rearing like and the women like?

IMO I think it goes back to the roots of the country. Australia was initially a prison colony of men...women had an exaggerated value there that they had nowhere else. That causes problems.

20. Nokoni

Nokoni Member

Shouting already before even seeing the drill. A useful reminder that the overconfident are often the first to fall.

marathon man.jpg