Is there any way to improve ADHD and how to get Ritalin in the UK?

Callmestar

Apologies if this thread is not appropriate, in terms of asking where to get Ritalin.

I'm 99% sure I have ADHD or more accurately ADD, as I am not hyperactive yet have every other symptom. I'm sure emotional trauma has made the symptoms a whole lot worse in adulthood but processing such issues is very difficult. My brother also has ADHD diagnosed as a child but doesn't take medication for it anymore. I attempt to improve the symptoms via self improvement, strategies and trying to process a traumatic past but for many years, my life feels as though it's completely on hold. I can never focus on anything if there's any form is distraction around. If I'm in a room full of people or there's lots going on around me, my brain just doesn't work. I can't maintain normal relationships, have no motivation in life whatsoever. Everything is about instant gratification and long term goal planning is near impossible no matter how hard I try.

I've never tried medication for ADHD but other dopamine increasing recreationally drugs improve my focus massively, therefore I think Ritalin may help me. Ideally I wouldn't want to be on it every day/for life but at least it would give the option to take something if I have an important day ahead or really need to focus. I've been on a waiting list for assessment for ADHD from the NHS for over 2 years and am fed up of waiting. I'm wondering of anyone knows of anywhere I can order Ritalin or similar to the UK? I can't find anywhere I can order it from.

Rasaari

I used to have pretty severe ADD issues. I think it came after having depression for very long time. Felt cognitively like an 80yo when 18, had hard time reading and concentrating on anything school related. Even with fun stuff I wasn't very good cognition wise. So then I got into nootropics hoping that they would help, wasting money on all kinds of things. Tried all the supplements, some russian stuff like semax and noopept, modafinil, amphetamine. Anyways after years of fighting with the medical system here, similar to NHS, managed to get a script for methylphenidate. Here we have only 2 kinds of mph. Medikinet and concerta. The difference is that medikinet is a racemic mixture of both d- and l- isomers, while concerta is mostly d-isomer. Also medikinet is much more short acting than concerta. I tried both and I thought that I don't want the l isomer so I went with concerta. Haven't used it in a long time. Absolutely hated it. I'm not sure whether most of the bad effects came from it having all kinds of dogshit crammed into it and causing severe intestinal irritation or whether the drug has some other way of being serotonic (I know it agonizes the autoreceptor). But my feet would go easily cold, would be socially very autistic (very big shift). Had to eat like 4000cal and take 3g of aspirin to not get cold feet. Also it took pleasure from life. But it did help with reading and studying, especially maths, when properly dosed. I think it can help a person learn to study/use their cognition properly, help with an important day or something, but long term I really would not want to take it. Again I'm not sure whether my hypothyroidism at the time exacerbated the energy wasteage, my intestinal overgrowth the irritation/and autistic symptoms and depression, or whether it was the drug.

In my experience cutting out PUFA and adding some aspirin has made me so much calmer, non-hyperactive, clearer. Fixing thyroid with T3/T4 helped me with motivation and got my cognition better than mph. B-vitamins are also important ofc, especially b1.

Last edited:

redsun

Apologies if this thread is not appropriate, in terms of asking where to get Ritalin.

I'm 99% sure I have ADHD or more accurately ADD, as I am not hyperactive yet have every other symptom. I'm sure emotional trauma has made the symptoms a whole lot worse in adulthood but processing such issues is very difficult. My brother also has ADHD diagnosed as a child but doesn't take medication for it anymore. I attempt to improve the symptoms via self improvement, strategies and trying to process a traumatic past but for many years, my life feels as though it's completely on hold. I can never focus on anything if there's any form is distraction around. If I'm in a room full of people or there's lots going on around me, my brain just doesn't work. I can't maintain normal relationships, have no motivation in life whatsoever. Everything is about instant gratification and long term goal planning is near impossible no matter how hard I try.

I've never tried medication for ADHD but other dopamine increasing recreationally drugs improve my focus massively, therefore I think Ritalin may help me. Ideally I wouldn't want to be on it every day/for life but at least it would give the option to take something if I have an important day ahead or really need to focus. I've been on a waiting list for assessment for ADHD from the NHS for over 2 years and am fed up of waiting. I'm wondering of anyone knows of anywhere I can order Ritalin or similar to the UK? I can't find anywhere I can order it from.

Have you ever tried boosting acetylcholine? Considering you have serious problems tuning out environmental "noise", this may be part of your problem.

Ach increases the signal to noise ratio, allowing you to tune out noise and stimulus in your environment better that is not relevant to the task at hand. Dopamine and acetylcholine work hand in hand for focus. The D1 receptor actually promotes acetylcholine release and certain Ach receptors promote dopamine release.

Ach activity increases and is necessary to sustain attention to a particular task for long periods of time.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals