How To Increase Neurosteroid Production?

lampofred

I'm continuing my struggle against ADHD, which I think Peat says is a high brain serotonin condition, and I've tried high-dose caffeine, thyroid supplementation, daily carrot salad, meditation, and all sorts of things but to no avail. But I've recently come up with a new way to approach it--instead of trying to lower serotonin by raising dopamine, which has been causing me excitotoxic symptoms, maybe I should try lowering serotonin by increasing GABA. And the way to naturally increase GABA activity in the brain is to increase neurosteroids (allopregnanolone especially).

Does anyone know some things Peat has said about facilitating neurosteroid production? What I know so far is:

1) Avoid social isolation
2) GABA is a very "high energy" neurotransmitter to produce so keep energy production high by consuming lots of calories + taking thyroid
3) Increase steroid production by consuming lots of sucrose (for cholesterol production) and vitamin A
4) Take gelatin because of its anti-serotonin, sedative, GABAergic, 5ar enhancing effects in the brain
5) Take niacinamide for its sedative, brain protective properties

When I took progesterone, I had physical effects but no mental effects. Plus, physically, I don't look very nerdy: there's kind of a mismatch between my brain/personality and my body. This makes me think that my steroid production is adequate in my body but for some reason, it's not working in my brain/nervous system.

Does Peat say anything else besides the above 5 for increasing neurosteroid production? It's kind of a catch 22 because to force yourself to do all of the above every day consistently, it takes a lot of brain energy, but the reason I'm doing it in the first place is to get my brain energy to the level it needs to be for me to overcome my ADHD diagnosis... but even on days I do manage to do all of the above, it's not enough for to me to function at the level I want to function at, a level at which many of my high achieving peers function with no effort at all.

Sorry for the long post and thanks for reading.

Constatine

High intensity exercise dramatically increases brain DHT and thus gaba signalling. Exposure to nature and a lot of the color green has been shown to reduce ADHD symptoms. The gut microbiome is a large factor in ADHD (and possibly neurosteroids in general) so plenty of foods that facilitate gut flora can be helpful. Gut flora also influences gaba production.

Frankdee20

I'm continuing my struggle against ADHD, which I think Peat says is a high brain serotonin condition, and I've tried high-dose caffeine, thyroid supplementation, daily carrot salad, meditation, and all sorts of things but to no avail. But I've recently come up with a new way to approach it--instead of trying to lower serotonin by raising dopamine, which has been causing me excitotoxic symptoms, maybe I should try lowering serotonin by increasing GABA. And the way to naturally increase GABA activity in the brain is to increase neurosteroids (allopregnanolone especially).

Does anyone know some things Peat has said about facilitating neurosteroid production? What I know so far is:

1) Avoid social isolation
2) GABA is a very "high energy" neurotransmitter to produce so keep energy production high by consuming lots of calories + taking thyroid
3) Increase steroid production by consuming lots of sucrose (for cholesterol production) and vitamin A
4) Take gelatin because of its anti-serotonin, sedative, GABAergic, 5ar enhancing effects in the brain
5) Take niacinamide for its sedative, brain protective properties

When I took progesterone, I had physical effects but no mental effects. Plus, physically, I don't look very nerdy: there's kind of a mismatch between my brain/personality and my body. This makes me think that my steroid production is adequate in my body but for some reason, it's not working in my brain/nervous system.

Does Peat say anything else besides the above 5 for increasing neurosteroid production? It's kind of a catch 22 because to force yourself to do all of the above every day consistently, it takes a lot of brain energy, but the reason I'm doing it in the first place is to get my brain energy to the level it needs to be for me to overcome my ADHD diagnosis... but even on days I do manage to do all of the above, it's not enough for to me to function at the level I want to function at, a level at which many of my high achieving peers function with no effort at all.

Sorry for the long post and thanks for reading.

GABA deficiencies are something I know a lot about. It’s tough to produce and have it remain high. KAVA is thought to upregulate those receptors.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals