Kasper's Log

Kasper

Hi all,

I will use this thread to log/measure my health, maybe what supps I've been taken, what I eat etc.

My health has been improving through out the years, following advices from Ray Peat and others.
I feel like if I more consistently measure my metabolism, I can maybe speed up the process.

You are more than welcome to tell your opinion of what I'm doing and what I could do to improve my health.

OP
K

Kasper

Pulse: Sitting 69.

I've been exploring the idea of improving my health more, by living a purpose full live.
Making sure I spend my focus, on things that really matter to me.

OP
K

Kasper

Pulse 70 sitting.

Sometimes my pulse is skipping a beat it seems. Feel good otherwise...

Just ran out of tyromax .... I think the new one will come within a week or something. Wondering how I will cope without.

OP
K

Kasper

80 pulse, probably to increased stress hormones from biking in the cold rain, I feel good though ;p

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Pulse 70 sitting.

Sometimes my pulse is skipping a beat it seems. Feel good otherwise...

Just ran out of tyromax .... I think the new one will come within a week or something. Wondering how I will cope without.
Can you score some chicken necks or fish heads in the meantime? You can search the forum for ideas on using these to make a stock containing natural thyroid. It probably won't be quite as potent but might be better than nothing.

OP
K

Kasper

@Blossom thanks for the advice, will try to find that

so I took my last tyromax in the morning. Normally I take it in the morning and before bed.

Now my pulse was 70 during the day. But I wake up in the middle of the night with a pulse of 45. I took some sugar/milk/taurine, to get myself to sleep again. It was really strange, I have to walk 2 stairs, and when I got in my bed again, and measured my pulse, I could feel my heart bumping loudly (because of the activity on the stair), but still it was freaking slow, it was just a very strong loud heart beat, but when I measured it was only 38 bpm.

I normally, don't measure my heart rate, in the night, so I don't know how it was with tyromax in the night...

Now my heart rate (12 PM) is 52. After some breakfast (with coffee), Pansterone, Estroban and BCAA.

I don't feel really bad, but not optimal for sure. I miss my tyromax :(

OP
K

Kasper

Thanks for the link :) I'm out of energin as well (will come at the same time as tyromax).

But I'm now trying 200 mg caffeine + 1g taurine + 10g gelatin + 200 mg aspirin.
taurine and gelatin instead of B3, so that the caffeine doesn't make me gittery

Let's see if this can get my heart rate back to 70-80 again.
That is for me the sweet spot where I feel best.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Thanks for the link :) I'm out of energin as well (will come at the same time as tyromax).

But I'm now trying good dosage, of 200 mg caffeine + 1g taurine + 10g gelatin + 200 mg aspirin.
taurine and gelatin instead of B3, so that the caffeine doesn't make me gittery

Let's see if this can get my heart rate back to 70-80 again.
That is for me the sweet spot where I feel best.
Go Kasper!

OP
K

Kasper

Hmm... caffeine doesn't seem to have the same effect for me as tyroid.

After 400 mg and 2 cups of coffee, my heart rate is now 47.

OP
K

Kasper

I just took another 400 mg of caffeine.

Heart rate around 50-55 at this moment. It is not that I actually feel that bad. No stress, just everything seems a little less joyfull, music is less fun, dancing is less fun, doing work for university is boring.

The good thing is, that I begin to realize more that I used to feel like this, and that I begin to appreciate TyroMax more. Before tyromax, I would go run, if I felt like this. Maybe I do that if another 400 mg of caffeine has no effect.

OP
K

Kasper

I don't know, I think I took at least 1200 mg of caffeine in the last 5 hours, but I my heart rate is still around 45-50 BPM laying, and 50-60 sitting/standing.

I guess it is good that I get no stress reaction... ;P

I maybe have to say that 5 years ago I would have a measured heart rate as low as 28. And between 30-40 on average.

tara

I've been exploring the idea of improving my health more, by living a purpose full live.
:)

Can you score some chicken necks or fish heads in the meantime? You can search the forum for ideas on using these to make a stock containing natural thyroid. It probably won't be quite as potent but might be better than nothing.
+1.
I currently use 3 ice cubes of strong chicken neck stock as one out of four of my daily thyroid doses. My other 3 doses are either 1/4 tab nutrimed/pak or 3 drops tyromax. Can't say I've measured anything, but my sense is that my NWT dose does me as much good as the bought ones.

I don't know, I think I took at least 1200 mg of caffeine in the last 5 hours, but I my heart rate is still around 45-50 BPM laying, and 50-60 sitting/standing.
If you are not used to this quantity, I wouldn't go any higher till you see what it does over a few days.

I maybe have to say that 5 years ago I would have a measured heart rate as low as 28. And between 30-40 on average.
!
Glad you survived.

OP
K

Kasper

Pulse: 49

If you are not used to this quantity, I wouldn't go any higher till you see what it does over a few days.

Yeah, after a while, I actually got a very sour feeling stomach. Like my stomach felt toxic or something, I didn't like it. Maybe because of the high dosage caffeine + taurine?

!
Glad you survived.

Haha, yes, I found out, in a drug experiment (for money). It was experiment with around 30 people, and they measured us 3 times a day, to make sure that we reacted good on the drugs. If the heart rate was above 100 or under 40, the alarm would go off, and a real doctor had to come (according to the protocol). So 3 times a day, a doctor was coming in, because my heart rate was under 40. But he would say, it was all right, that I was young, and probably had sport heart (although I told him that I hadn't done exercise for more than a year) and that I was very healthy.

There was a very simple (I mean with a simple education), african man laying in the bed next to me. And he would come to me after the doctor was gone, and he would tell in some kind of funny but serious tone, "Kasper, first you heart rate was 38, the next day it was 35, now it is 30, this doctor may be a smart man, but I can tell you one thing, 0 means dead!"

Maybe I should have listened to him... :D

Ulla

Hello

We have similar heart rates ;)
Do you also measure before/after meal?

OP
K

Kasper

@Ulla It seems to be quite similar before and after.

My pulse is now 58 (laying). So a quite a bit higher out of nothing.

Ulla

I was asking myself previous day for what percentage should heart pulse raise after a decent meal.

My pulse laying in the morning when I wake up is somewhere 40-45, after breakfast (700 kcal, mostly sugars) only something above 50 (50-55). I don't remember when was the last time having pulse above 60 and doing nothing, only sitting.
Time to time I wear heart monitor for a whole day and statistics at the end of the day shows an average pulse 53.

Sorry, I borrowed your log for talking about my issues :D

Anyway, I wanted to say that keep posting if things get better ;)

OP
K

Kasper

@Ulla the only thing that really seems to increase my laying/sitting pulse is thyroid or exercise. It will keep high the rest of the day, if I do intense exercise, but I think maybe because of stress hormones

Time to time I wear heart monitor for a whole day and statistics at the end of the day shows an average pulse 53.

I think my average pulse is more around 60-70, because when walking, being active, etc, my pulse quickly goes to 70-90, but when sitting it will drop to 50.

Last edited:

Ulla

I ride city bicycle for my daily business, train two times per week... eat like never before...drinking coffee like never before.

I just checked when I was monitoring last time and it was three months ago. Time flies. Need to repeat these days and see if anything has improved.