Hypothyroid, Anxiety, Insomnia, Cellulite, Dental Decay Log 1

OP
walker_in_aus

walker_in_aus

I have blackslid the last weeks - eating a lot of crap from packets because I get the uncontrollable munchies when stressed, being stressed by doctors telling me I had appendicitis when I didn't, starting a Uni course... Insomnia returned last night - and I mean I had a full long night of panic attacks.

I was really stressed yesterday, lethargic, freezing and struggling with that jittery panic feeling all day. I was reading about c02 and c02 baths, so I tried that and I did find myself warm and happy. I ate some stewed peaches before hand because I was expecting to raise metabolism and I had steak and kidney pie for dinner with greek salad.

Anyway all sleepy and warm and then BAM at 11pm heart racing, panic, numb hands. I tried honey, OJ, Salt, Wasabi.... No good. I look propranolol because heart was really pounding. Did nothing. I smoked some pot and took about two hours to calm down, had a couple hours sleep.

I'm guessing too much metabolism raising with bath and not enough sugars with my big protein meal, then blood sugar crash and a lot of work to stabilise?

OP
walker_in_aus

walker_in_aus

I finally downloaded Chronometer, such a handy thing! I decided to track my intake and try to keep to a lower fat, high carb good protein style of eating. Chronometer tells me I should be eating about 2100 calories. I have been having casein protein shakes with low fat milk, white fish, gelatin as protein and fruit, honey and oj as carbs. Aiming to avoid fats that aren't incidental.

I was trying to get a small deficit in my calories, not more than 100-200 calories. because my poor body is still recovering from High Fat Keto abuse. But keeping fat low this few weeks I seem to be unable to get close without having HEAPS of protein and LOADS of juice. I guess this is normal? I'm hitting like 120 grams of protein easy, about about 20 grams of fat. I know too much protein isn't ideal so I will try not to add too much, but guess i need more OJ and tropical fruit smoothies.

I don't like the idea of having heaps of sugar without protein to balance I guess. I am pretty hungry these last few days so I'll try eating more. Pretty hard when you aren't eating starches and fats to get up there satiety and calorie wise!

OP
walker_in_aus

walker_in_aus

So I finished two weeks of less than 20 grams of fat a day. My skin has cleared up from its initial reaction. I did add more vitamin A and E on recommendation from my practitioner, and upped thyroid meds because I was cold. I also ate butter on a cheat meal on the weekends, and had a glass or two of wine. :thumbsup: I am only human.

I lost four cm on my waist, three on my hips, and none on my arms or chest. I lost about 2kgs, roughly. Pretty happy with that. The trick is not to eat too little, you really need lots of honey, oj or sugar. Weird to be stuffing your face on a "diet".

I reviewed chronometer and saw my calcium to phosphorus still was 1:1 or 1:1.2 most days, so I need more calcium. I have calcium carbonate so I might add a bit of that in the mornings to my coffee or shake just to get the ratio better. I keep meaning to make eggshell protein but I just never know if my eggshells are "clean", I haven't really looked into it. Also not really eating many eggs right now.

I also tried a MitoGen red light pod today. Hitoshi (PaleoOsteo) has them in his clinics. Felt like a weird alien in a red cocoon. Was in there for 20mins, felt like 5. I had an immediate sense of relaxation. I was focusing on my breathing for something to do, and noticed that the time between my "urge to breathe" was almost double what it is normally (18 seconds to about 40 seconds). Can't remember what it's called but I know it's an indicator of efficient cell respiration or whatever.

Will be doing that again a few times over the next two weeks. I'm watching a patch of psoriasis on my cheek to see if it does anything for that.
:D

OP
walker_in_aus

walker_in_aus

So far the red light hasn't had much of an effect on my psoriasis. However I seem to be massively improving my blood sugar levels - I am no longer hungry between meals, whereas I used to need to eat, and seriously eat, every 1.5-2 hours.

Also I really love coffee now and I don't get any anxiety from it. I had three today and no jitters. I used to get huge anxiety with much more than half a glass of coke's worth.

Feeling happy! Going back onto low low fat after a week off eating some butter and lamb.

Happy Tuesday!

OP
walker_in_aus

walker_in_aus

So despite adopting a little more fat (butter, lamb, coconut oil) back in and not staying too strict, I am still slowly losing weight. Even over my birthday when I drank plenty of champagne and ate cake! I didn't immediately gain back a kilo as usual! :D

I would also like to share a delicious snack I found for sale at a gourmet wine shop. It's salted popcorn, mixed with melted marshmallow, maple syrup, almonds and dark chocolate. You could make it relatively peaty... i don't imagine it should be a regular part of anyone's diet but lord was it like crack in a bag.

Further updates from red light therapy. My sweet man bought me a mini red light from @RedLightMan for my birthday, which I am shining on achilles (have a sore stiff achillies which is just lingering), thyroid and chest. This is in addition to my whole body LLLT from PaleoOsteo Mitogen pods I have been using twice a week. Probably excessive but my face skin is now baby smooth and I am warm. So So warm.

Side note. I noticed I've been a little stinky the last few weeks. And I have chest pimples. Theory with chest pimples is I have gone up a good cup size and boobs are stuck together under many layers in the cold weather. I was hoping for a miraculous disappearance from them since red lighting but it's only been a few weeks, AND I keep squeezing the little blackheads out. Bad habit. Makes it all redder.

Stinky I don't really understand but I see a lot of posts like "BO worse since peating" "OJ makes me smell" etc etc. I'm HOPING that it means my skin detox is improving from increased metabolism and cell efficiency? Anyone care to comment?

Still feeling content, energetic and happy. I should mention now a coffee makes me warm and sleepy now, instead of hyper and anxious as it did a year ago. I feel like thats a huge sign of better cell function and liver health :)

Note: I am still taking
Taurine
Vitamin A, D, E, K
NDT
Pregnenolone

Having skim milk chocolate casein shakes and eating fish more.

Have backed off progesterone use during first half of my cycle. Was reading about when you start using it you should do some MEGA dosing. I really have a bad habit of just taking stuff without really understaning what it will do. I feel I had some initially great improvements in skin texture taking it but it wore off after two months and I was hoping it wasn't pushing up my estrogen production as I've skim read some posts saying something about that. I won't take it again til I've read more.

meatbag

Side note. I noticed I've been a little stinky the last few weeks. And I have chest pimples. Theory with chest pimples is I have gone up a good cup size and boobs are stuck together under many layers in the cold weather. I was hoping for a miraculous disappearance from them since red lighting but it's only been a few weeks, AND I keep squeezing the little blackheads out. Bad habit. Makes it all redder.

Stinky I don't really understand but I see a lot of posts like "BO worse since peating" "OJ makes me smell" etc etc. I'm HOPING that it means my skin detox is improving from increased metabolism and cell efficiency? Anyone care to comment?

solban is good

Last edited:
OP
walker_in_aus

walker_in_aus

solban for the win for skin :singing: maybe the peating improved your senses :ss2 baking soda is also good inmyexperience :salute
Oh yes I do I have solban! I used in on my chest for a week but didn't do much. I mainly enjoy spraying on my thunder thighs and lying in the sun. But it's mid winter here so haven't done that for a while :emoji_skier:

OP
walker_in_aus

walker_in_aus

Update for nearly 12 months after transitioning to a more peat friendly diet and lifestyle, coming off attempting to follow Paleo and Jack Kruse Epi-Paleo principals and getting sick, fat and unable to sleep:

I have stopped gaining weight, even if I am eating a bit too much or eating takeaway a few times a week.

My high estrogen symptoms have reduced. One thing I really noticed this week was that the, ah, little nipple hairs I used to get have disappeared. Think that's a huge signal that estrogen is reduced.

I am still sleeping through the night and falling asleep easily. Given about four months ago I had to take 2 months leave from work to cope with chronic insomnia, and thought I'd never work again, this is pretty much a miracle:partypooper::partypooper::partypooper::partypooper::partypooper:.

If I want to lose weight I just do low fat, high fruit, honey and protein diet and it drops about a kilo a week without much distress. I'm doing this gradually but the pressure is on now because I'm getting married in three months and I currently weight 6kgs more than my husband to be, which I don't love haha. But feel I will easily drop it in that time.

I have gone back to uni to do a diploma of nutrition and I am really interested in nutrition for mental health and autoimmune disease in women.

:fire::fire::fire:I have a fire in my belly about my life purpose. I have so many loved ones who are sick or suffering at the hands of drug peddling and knife wielding surgeons!!!! :mad:

I still have some underlying gut issues but it is only a problem when I do stupid things like eat cheap dumplings in china town that aren't gluten free.

raypeatclips

Update for nearly 12 months after transitioning to a more peat friendly diet and lifestyle, coming off attempting to follow Paleo and Jack Kruse Epi-Paleo principals and getting sick, fat and unable to sleep:

I have stopped gaining weight, even if I am eating a bit too much or eating takeaway a few times a week.

My high estrogen symptoms have reduced. One thing I really noticed this week was that the, ah, little nipple hairs I used to get have disappeared. Think that's a huge signal that estrogen is reduced.

I am still sleeping through the night and falling asleep easily. Given about four months ago I had to take 2 months leave from work to cope with chronic insomnia, and thought I'd never work again, this is pretty much a miracle:partypooper::partypooper::partypooper::partypooper::partypooper:.

If I want to lose weight I just do low fat, high fruit, honey and protein diet and it drops about a kilo a week without much distress. I'm doing this gradually but the pressure is on now because I'm getting married in three months and I currently weight 6kgs more than my husband to be, which I don't love haha. But feel I will easily drop it in that time.

I have gone back to uni to do a diploma of nutrition and I am really interested in nutrition for mental health and autoimmune disease in women.

:fire::fire::fire:I have a fire in my belly about my life purpose. I have so many loved ones who are sick or suffering at the hands of drug peddling and knife wielding surgeons!!!! :mad:

I still have some underlying gut issues but it is only a problem when I do stupid things like eat cheap dumplings in china town that aren't gluten free.

Glad you are feeling better! Great to see positive testimonials on this forum.

I wondered specifically about sleeping through the night. Do you have any indications what helped with your insomnia and sleeping the most?

OP
walker_in_aus

walker_in_aus

Glad you are feeling better! Great to see positive testimonials on this forum.

I wondered specifically about sleeping through the night. Do you have any indications what helped with your insomnia and sleeping the most?

1. Blood sugar at night. I think because my liver glycogen storage was so ***t, at about 10,30/11pm at night I was having cortisol surges
2. Stress Reduction. I took time off work, I saw a psychologist who gave me some hypnosis therapy and taught me how to manage a panic attack.
3. Calcium - I was definately on the "dairy is bad" band wagon without actually reading anything about the biochemistry - I was just blindly following one guru after another in my sad stressed state. Having milk or icecream before bed helped.
4. Endotoxin - Increases stress response. So having some horse radish before bed helped hugely in warming me up and reducing the load on my system
5. Lysine - blocks cortisol by some mechanism so really helps me if I am feeling stressed to take some before bed occasionally. Makes you dopey if you have been running off stress hormones for ages.
6. High dose niacinamide - acts like valium but in an energetic way. Works best if you feed it with hot sugared milk or cocoa before bed. Not for all the time I don't think.
7. Red light therapy - my cellular efficiency hugely improved after three weeks of LLLT, which is also another good blood sugar management treatment. Not having blood sugar crashes any more and can go for much longer between eating.
8. Reducing alcohol consumption to once a fortnight, not regularly having a few glasses of red etc.
9. Yoga - stress management, great before bed.
10. Progesterone - I haven't noticed any direct effects with this but it's been something I added in in the last few months and I haven't had sleep problems so I'm sure it's helping in some way as it can act as a sedative/relax supp.

READING "**** Portion Control's" blog about insomnia. :)

raypeatclips

1. Blood sugar at night. I think because my liver glycogen storage was so ***t, at about 10,30/11pm at night I was having cortisol surges
2. Stress Reduction. I took time off work, I saw a psychologist who gave me some hypnosis therapy and taught me how to manage a panic attack.
3. Calcium - I was definately on the "dairy is bad" band wagon without actually reading anything about the biochemistry - I was just blindly following one guru after another in my sad stressed state. Having milk or icecream before bed helped.
4. Endotoxin - Increases stress response. So having some horse radish before bed helped hugely in warming me up and reducing the load on my system
5. Lysine - blocks cortisol by some mechanism so really helps me if I am feeling stressed to take some before bed occasionally. Makes you dopey if you have been running off stress hormones for ages.
6. High dose niacinamide - acts like valium but in an energetic way. Works best if you feed it with hot sugared milk or cocoa before bed. Not for all the time I don't think.
7. Red light therapy - my cellular efficiency hugely improved after three weeks of LLLT, which is also another good blood sugar management treatment. Not having blood sugar crashes any more and can go for much longer between eating.
8. Reducing alcohol consumption to once a fortnight, not regularly having a few glasses of red etc.
9. Yoga - stress management, great before bed.
10. Progesterone - I haven't noticed any direct effects with this but it's been something I added in in the last few months and I haven't had sleep problems so I'm sure it's helping in some way as it can act as a sedative/relax supp.

READING "**** Portion Control's" blog about insomnia. :)

Thank you, that has given me some ideas. When you say LLLT, are you still using the mitogen or have you begun more things at home?

OP
walker_in_aus

walker_in_aus

Thank you, that has given me some ideas. When you say LLLT, are you still using the mitogen or have you begun more things at home?
I used mitogen for three weeks, I have a small red light from Red Light Man at home that I'm using for skin health, trying on dental, and ony some inflammation in my achilles. I'll be saving up to do another round of mitogen LLLT next month or so.

raypeatclips

I used mitogen for three weeks, I have a small red light from Red Light Man at home that I'm using for skin health, trying on dental, and ony some inflammation in my achilles. I'll be saving up to do another round of mitogen LLLT next month or so.

How come you don't use it all over your body moving it around while you wait? I imagine it would have the same effects as mitogen but obviously lesser.

OP
walker_in_aus

walker_in_aus

How come you don't use it all over your body moving it around while you wait? I imagine it would have the same effects as mitogen but obviously lesser.
Mainly because it would take me about 3 hours to cover my whole body and I'm quite busy at the moment!!!

OP
walker_in_aus

walker_in_aus

Update on prolonged Red Light Use - My body composition is changing still, slowly, without any change to exercise and eating a decent amount of food. I seem to be losing 1cm a week from my hips and gaining a 1cm on my chest. This is insanely exciting for a girl called thunder thighs since early adolescence, who was also a member of the itty bitty titty club! I also have consistent energy and have successfully done two days of Intermittent Fasting (never been able to do that before).

So in total I've lost about 7cm off my waist, and 7cm off my hips, and gained about 7cm on my chest. REALLY this is huge.

I have only lost about 2kgs too so I'm assuming muscle gain/fat loss. This would all be very exciting except I'm still about 1.5 dress sizes bigger than when I started peating and I'm getting married in two months and I'm having devilish thoughts of starving myself for two months. I KNOW it's bad and I know I'm losing weight safely but I am still about 10kgs heavier than my husband to be and a) we have a lift in our wedding dance and b) I feel about 100kgs heavier than him :(

I am pretty sure I'm PMSsing hard right now because also due to the wedding I prolonged the use of Progesterone this month to move my period slightly. I bet that's about 50% of the reason I feel like a bloated whale. STILL.

I'm going to add back in some strength training twice a week now I'm in a healthy state because I just need to do something. And I feel like starving myself, tempting as it is, is not going help.

Anyway I still highly recommend red light! And liver health!

I might just eat more carrot as well.

OP
walker_in_aus

walker_in_aus

Couple of updates!

I went to an Infrared Sauna last week. It wasn't cold IR, It was 45 minutes in a 65 degree (celcius) sauna box. Dry heat, but after about 20 minutes LOTS of sweating. Felt amazing afterwards, pink soft skin like a baby! Laughed at the day spa advertising that stated that the sauna "would burn stored fat as complex carbs" ????

I also did a few Medi-Body Detox patches over the weekend. It's a clay pack - you mix it with your chosen liquid (I used a metal detox liquid) and clear your pathways first by doing feet and hands. Smells like rotten seaweed! Day 1 I did the feet and hands. Didn't feel anything really. Day 2 I did my large intestine and vaccination sites. Half an hour after I had intense sweating and dizziness for 10 minutes then I felt amazing!

Expensive but maybe did some good.

OP
walker_in_aus

walker_in_aus

Sore belly and gut problems have been a problem for me so I thought I'd do a little update on things I've tried recently.

Garlic protocol - Juicing a clove morning and night for a week - seemed to work pretty well, my stomach pains cleared up for a couple of months.

Bacteriophages - I did a month of LifeExtension which also includes probiotics and did find my tolerance of milk went up. HOWEVER I had a lot of gut disturbance and there was no magic result from it long term. I am looking to try just the phages at some point but harder to get into australia.

Charcoal - I did try once a week high dose of charcoal for a three weeks. It caused discomfort and upset and usually loose stools. Did not enjoy, feels rough on my stomach as well.

Rectally administrated alpha-tocopherol - based on one research paper on use for chrons and good old NateDawgs recommendations. Did it for a week. I really don't enjoy sticking things up my butt, and did not notice mush difference??? Other than oily poo haha.

Diatomaceous Earth - REALLY made my guts hurt, only did it for a week. Did feel sore.

Back to garlic, PLUS grated carrot. - trying the garlic thing again, only I'll do it for two weeks and I'll eat plenty of "carrot salad". Three days in already feeling less bloated and sore.

ReSTART

You're doing a lot of "advanced stuff" @walker_in_aus. Do you have the basics down though? Good friends, stable living environment, relatively non-stressful job which provides a decent income, regular exercise, good sleep, etc, etc?

OP
walker_in_aus

walker_in_aus

You're doing a lot of "advanced stuff" @walker_in_aus. Do you have the basics down though? Good friends, stable living environment, relatively non-stressful job which provides a decent income, regular exercise, good sleep, etc, etc?

Hi reStart,

I have a pretty great life yes, plenty of cash, job I don't get stressed about but will probably leave soon anyway, own my own home with a great partner... I walk and dance for exercise. My sleep has been a HUGE problem which has only been fixed since reintroducing sugar and relaxing orthorexia.

I also have a great Function Med guy who is kinda a genius so I try things he suggests, I'm not fishing around in the dark too much! Some of the things are my own experiments which he probably shakes his head at but I'm my own person so I'll try it if I want.

I also have a science degree and I'm now studying Natural Medicine so really just being my own guinea pig and thought if people would like to read, I'd share these things.

Cheers

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom