Chris' log

Dutchie

O
Haagendazendiane said:
Dutchie said:
Haagendazendiane said:
Mittir,
I am trying to plug in foods to cronometer to obtain the calcium/phosphorous ratio. Is this what you use to calculate?

I agree that it is hard to get 80 grams of protein without consuming meats.

I can't believe people find it hard to consuming enough proteine.
Most cheeses contain between 20-25grams of proteine per 100grams. 100grams really isn't much slices or blocks of cheese,so unless you don't eat cheese I think you can pretty fast hit that target or go higher. Or am I seeing something wrong here? :s

I coulud easily eat enough cheese to reach the minimum of 80 grams. The problem is keeping calories and fat down so I don't continue to gain weight.

Calories,macros,body images....theyre an issue wherever you go it seems. 180Degrees seems to be the only one going against the grain regarding this. Sometimes i think it. be best for my mental health if i lived somewhere far off secluded from the western modern world.(please dont. Take this as a lash out towards you,bc its not. Its me im angry at,but going too much astray on this topic)

What i wanted to mention is thT you can easily make your own cheese,thus also decide the fatcontent of it. Ive found videos on making ricotta/cottage cheese and paneer. :)

Also you could look for these small Iran dates,theyre 6grams of proteine in 100gram. Fruits and dried fruits can contain quite some proteine too per 100grams.

HDD

Thank you, Dutchie. No offense taken. I have had to take a stand about my health being more important than my weight within my family. But I do think I have gained too much and I am trying to figure out how to lose weight and keep my nutrition high. The lower fat milk upsets my stomach but maybe making it into a cheese might help with the digestion of it.

Mittir has found good results by eliminating starch. I have not tried that yet. I just bought a wok to improve on making homemade french fries that I really enjoy. Fried rice with shrimp is another new favorite. Oh, well it depends on how important weight loss is. I keep hoping my metabolism will get so good that the pounds will melt off while I eat.lol

Chris, you said you lost quite a bit of weight in a short amount of time. What do you think was the biggest factor in your weight loss?

Dutchie

Haagendazendiane said:
Thank you, Dutchie. No offense taken. I have had to take a stand about my health being more important than my weight within my family. But I do think I have gained too much and I am trying to figure out how to lose weight and keep my nutrition high. The lower fat milk upsets my stomach but maybe making it into a cheese might help with the digestion of it.

Mittir has found good results by eliminating starch. I have not tried that yet. I just bought a wok to improve on making homemade french fries that I really enjoy. Fried rice with shrimp is another new favorite. Oh, well it depends on how important weight loss is. I keep hoping my metabolism will get so good that the pounds will melt off while I eat.lol

Chris, you said you lost quite a bit of weight in a short amount of time. What do you think was the biggest factor in your weight loss?

I'm glad,bc it really is only frustrated angry venting at myself....which happens a lot when all of a sudden I get 'trapped' in this weird moodpattern(& what seems some physical pattern) which mostly happens when I ate. Usually when I walk a bit for some reason it all starts to fade.

Anyway in the recipe section thread about making Ricotta,I posted a videolink of a guy making Paneer which I suspect is basically the same outcome. So,maybe that migth be of help to you. (The guy does use whole milk,but I guess you can try experimenting with skim milk).

I don't know if it works for any type of milk,but I've frequently heard that adding some sugar to milk helps with the digestion. Maybe that's why lots of people in general find warm milk&honey soothing...

OP
chris

chris

Haagendazendiane said:

Keeping calories low (~1800) and being more active than usual I would say were the biggest factors. To a lesser extent I think the carrot salad could have helped.

OP
chris

chris

Anecdote that does not mean or prove anything.

I remember Ray saying before that having warm feet was important, when feet were cold they released toxins into the bodies and mentioned some people often slept wearing socks.

A few days ago I had my feet in a very cold pool for most of the day. After this I have got sick for the first time in ~2 years. Chances are it is not related but the incident reminded me of what Peat said.

OP
chris

chris

An update regarding weight loss. I moved out on the 16th of last month, so I reckon I have been 90% Peat for a month now.

In exactly a month I have dropped 1.5 stone spot on. That is 21 lbs if Google is correct.

It would be hard to put a finger on one thing making me lose the weight as I have been very inconsistent with things. The only thing I have kept up every day is coffee and possibly calorie restriction but I have not been counting.

montmorency

chris said:
Anecdote that does not mean or prove anything.

I remember Ray saying before that having warm feet was important, when feet were cold they released toxins into the bodies and mentioned some people often slept wearing socks.

A few days ago I had my feet in a very cold pool for most of the day. After this I have got sick for the first time in ~2 years. Chances are it is not related but the incident reminded me of what Peat said.

Chances are it is related, I'm sure!
I was recently listening to an interview where he talks about wearing socks while sleeping, and a hat. Our grandfathers with their nightgowns and sleeping caps probably knew something we didn't!

Anyway, I really posted in order to congratulate you on the weight loss. Well done.
This is something I'm working on too.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom