Katty's Log

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Katty said:
However, it kind of feels good to be off the meds. Not sure how to describe the sensation, but my body feels looser. Like I didn't even realize my muscles were tight all the time.

Wow. I have been sitting here the last 30 or so minutes thinking, wow, I feel like I can actually relax for a moment. That zen feeling floating around in there somewhere trying to come out. I felt like I could finally exhale. Looking back it seems I have been too wound up lately and getting worse. I was not getting those zen moments at all until I this happened today.

I had crazy heat flashes last night, scary. So I succumbed and took a small amount of thyroid and that seemed to help.

OP
K

Katty

Another update. Almost 2 weeks being off t4. Cold cold cold. I still get a little over-heated after breakfast- again, I think this is my high cortisol, but it might be a tad better.
Interestingly, my temps and pulse are exactly the same, even though I feel cold more often. Pulse is generally around 90 and temp by mid-day is around 99.5- both totally usual for me. I'm supposed to get my period in the next couple days, so I'm curious to see what will happen in the first half of my cycle.
I am still taking t3- I was trying to lower that dose too, but I'm going to stick with my 10mcg of it for now.
Appetite died down a little bit (probably in part because I was sick for a couple days, but maybe also because I stopped the t4). So I'm eating less- which is probably not a good thing because stomach pains are back and I'm having trouble sleeping. Trying to force myself to eat at least 1800 cals.

Maybe the fact that I'm cold a lot is a good thing- does it mean my cortisol isn't raging all the time now? Unfortunately, because temp and pulse are so high, I'm worried that my adrenal is raging instead.

Hard to interpret what meals do or don't work for me because my temp and pulse stay the same no matter what. Maybe that will change as the t4 leaves my body.

OP
K

Katty

Body Odor Theory!! Been off T4 for a little more than 2 weeks. Yet the body odor still persists, so perhaps it isn't the synthetics causing the body odor. Sooo, just realized I started B1 a little bit before switching to the synthetics. Did a little internet searching and I found one reference (have no idea how legit it is) saying that B1 can cause a skunk-like body odor. I think I've found my culprit. So I don't know if the body odor means I have too much B1, or if it just means my body doesn't metabolize it properly. But I'm gonna cut out the B1 and hopefully that will solve the smell issue.
To remind myself, I initially started with about 80mg of benfotiamine in the morning, I think in late May, then added a 100mg of B1 at night. Then I ran out of benfo and I've just been doing 100mg of regular thiamine in the morning.

lindsay

gummybear said:
Gurl you need cyproheptadine

What is all the buzz with cyproheptadine? Really. Convince me. I hear lots of people who take it and I just don't understand - how can an anti-serotonin drug cause weight gain? Also, what does it do that is so magical? Will it help with estrogen? If so, I'm all ears.....

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Lindsay,

viewtopic.php?p=35218#p35218

edit: Basically it helps break that circle of histamine, serotonin, estrogen, etc.....giving the liver a chance to get ahead.

lindsay

Charlie said:
Lindsay,

viewtopic.php?p=35218#p35218

edit: Basically it helps break that circle of histamine, serotonin, estrogen, etc.....giving the liver a chance to get ahead.

Thank you Charlie. Where does one get Cyproheptadine? Do I have to have a doctor prescribe it and if so, how would one convince them to prescribe it? I do have allergies, so I guess that could be my avenue to pursue a prescription for it??

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
You need a prescription. My dr was already prescribing me another antihistamine for allergies so I just asked him to switch it out.

lindsay

Charlie said:
You need a prescription. My dr was already prescribing me another antihistamine for allergies so I just asked him to switch it out.

Cool. Thanks for the tip Charlie!! Hopefully I can convince my doctor :)

OP
K

Katty

Took 2 aspirin the first day of my period and surprisingly, it warmed me up and I was pretty calm. Granted, I had the day off work, so that was helpful too. But it's the first time I really noticed aspirin doing anything for me. Otherwise, my hands, feet, and nose have been cold. And digestion isn't so good either. That loose feeling I had when I first went off T4 is gone. My back has been achy and tight the past two days- it happens to be day 2 and 3 of menstruation, but these aren't menstrual cramps, it's just a tight back. Also, my motivation to exercise is gone... it was there when I first went off the T4, but now it seems to have disappeared- I'm tired and have stomach ache all the time.
Cramps weren't horrible. I was able to calm them with T3 and aspirin. Sort of debating about taking d-chiro-inositol again, which I took when I went off birth control to help regulate my period.

As for the body odor, didn't take B1 yesterday or today and the smell might be a tad better already.

Not really sure where to go from here. Thinking about trying niacinamide, and then adding in p5p, and then adding in glycine. The problem is my digestion sucks and my belly is in a bit of pain/discomfort. Hard to go about life and exercise, etc, when I feel this way. Not sure how to get my belly back on track.

OP
K

Katty

Ugh. Just venting. I've been at this for 3 and 1/2 years and I just keep getting worse. I realize it's the middle of winter and I went off thyroid meds at the beginning of winter, but seriously, after working this hard and Peating this long, shouldn't I at least feel a bit better than when I started 3.5 years ago? Instead, I just keep amassing more aches and pains.

I can't digest anything. Zinc, magnesium, glycine, gelatin, milk, eggs.... I keep trying to re-introduce things slowly and nothing works. Did some magnesium bicarbonate water... very small dose-- seemed to lower pulse a tad at night (finally!)-- but it kills my stomach. I feel like someone is punching my ileo cecal valve and right ovary. Magensium oil spray and baths just don't seem to give me the same effect as oral magnesium, but my stomach can't handle it. I don't know what to try anymore. Seems the only things to try are supplements, but everything I take hurts my stomach and then I'm back to square one.

I also don't feel like I can eat enough food unless I eat non-Peaty things. My body just doesn't want to accept a lot of milk or eggs, etc.

Feeling really frustrated and depressed. Admittedly, going off thyroid meds seemed to calm down some of my cortisol symptoms a tad. But now I'm just stuck again.

tara

Katty said:
I also don't feel like I can eat enough food unless I eat non-Peaty things. My body just doesn't want to accept a lot of milk or eggs, etc.
Sorry you're having such a hard time. I don't have any advice, but I do think food you can eat/digest beats food you can't eat any day. Hope something works for you soon.

Peat's_Girl

Your experience reminds me a lot of the stuff I'm dealing with... Acne from milk, depression, digestion issues on Peat...

Any updates? Things that worked? ;)

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals