Slight confusion by Ray's quote on T3 & T4 on his Thyroid article.

DannyIrons™

"Since T3 has a short half life, it should be taken frequently. If the liver isn't producing a noticeable amount of T3, it is usually helpful to take a few micrograms per hour. Since it restores respiration and metabolic efficiency very quickly, it isn't usually necessary to take it every hour or two, but until normal temperature and pulse have been achieved and stabilized, sometimes it's necessary to take it four or more times during the day. T4 acts by being changed to T3, so it tends to accumulate in the body, and on a given dose, usually reaches a steady concentration after about two weeks.

An effective way to use supplements is to take a combination T4-T3 dose, e.g., 40 mcg of T4 and 10 mcg of T3 once a day, and to use a few mcg of T3 at other times in the day. Keeping a 14-day chart of pulse rate and temperature allows you to see whether the dose is producing the desired response. If the figures aren't increasing at all after a few days, the dose can be increased, until a gradual daily increment can be seen, moving toward the goal at the rate of about 1/14 per day."

Sorry if I'm being naive here, but if Ray's idea is to keep a T4:T3 ratio of 3:1, surely taking a few micrograms of T3 a day would push this ratio higher in favour of T3?

Plus, what does he mean about 1/14 per day?

rei

40mcg:10mcg so 4:1 is the base and add to that few mcg t3 few times daily comes to 3:1

1/14 per day means doubling your dose in 2 weeks.

OP
DannyIrons™

DannyIrons™

40mcg:10mcg so 4:1 is the base and add to that few mcg t3 few times daily comes to 3:1

1/14 per day means doubling your dose in 2 weeks.
But a 'few' is usually 3 or more (or at least 2). So a few micrograms at other times in the day as he suggested, makes the ratio closer to 2:1 than 3:1.

rei

But a 'few' is usually 3 or more (or at least 2). So a few micrograms at other times in the day as he suggested, makes the ratio closer to 2:1 than 3:1.
2x2 + 10 = 14 and 40/14 is 2.9 so pretty much 3. If you feel like you need it then it is no problem to approach 2:1 the worse your liver health is and ability to convert the more you will approach it.

OP
DannyIrons™

DannyIrons™

2x2 + 10 = 14 and 40/14 is 2.9 so pretty much 3. If you feel like you need it then it is no problem to approach 2:1
Thanks for your response @rei . That's interesting, is there anywhere I can read about it? I've read Ray's article and Broda Barnes book, but haven't specifically found anything to say about that it's okay to approach 2:1 necessarily. I didn't know if there were maybe unwanted effects of taking too much T3

I'm taking an eighth of a Cynoplus to start, so I'm actually trying to understand how much T3 I can take, because a few mcg of T3 and I will be well over 2:1 ratio, but not having a strong effect from it yet.

Last edited:

rr1

Thanks for your response Rei. That's interesting, is there anywhere I can read about it? I've read Ray's article and Broda Barnes book, but haven't specifically found anything to say about that it's okay to approach 2:1 necessarily. I didn't know if there were maybe unwanted effects of taking too much T3

I'm taking an eighth of a Cynoplus to start, so I'm actually trying to understand how much T3 I can take, because a few mcg of T3 and I will be well over 2:1 ratio, but not having a strong effect from it yet.

If you are taking 1/8 cynoplus (3.75mcg t3 15mcg t4), does that mean you are also taking 1.25mcg of T3 to get to that 1:3 ratio? One idea would be to keep it at that 1:3 ratio, and increase the cynoplus and t3 together? An important thing to remember is that there can be bad effects from trying to correct a deficiency too fast. After 2 weeks at 1/8 cynoplus tablet and 1.25mcg of extra T3, maybe a bump up to 1/4 cynoplus tablet and 2.5mcg of extra T3 for 2 weeks while monitoring temp/pulse could be helpful.

This is another great article regarding thyroid supplementation by Danny Roddy.

OP
DannyIrons™

DannyIrons™

If you are taking 1/8 cynoplus (3.75mcg t3 15mcg t4), does that mean you are also taking 1.25mcg of T3 to get to that 1:3 ratio? One idea would be to keep it at that 1:3 ratio, and increase the cynoplus and t3 together? An important thing to remember is that there can be bad effects from trying to correct a deficiency too fast. After 2 weeks at 1/8 cynoplus tablet and 1.25mcg of extra T3, maybe a bump up to 1/4 cynoplus tablet and 2.5mcg of extra T3 for 2 weeks while monitoring temp/pulse could be helpful.

This is another great article regarding thyroid supplementation by Danny Roddy.
Thanks @dylanrr1 , it'll be two weeks on Thursday since I started supplementing and was going to increase to 1/4 like you mentioned. I'm quite happy with my Cynoplus protocol, just the confusion comes from T3. Such small amounts of T3, aren't doing much for me as it really is as small a nibble as you can imagine. But cautious of taking too much before increasing Cynoplus dosage.

I must have read that web post about 20 times, it' was really helpful to me to be fair - but he also doesn't mention how much T3 he takes, he just says he takes small amounts throughout the day, but to me, that's quite vague.

rr1

Thanks @dylanrr1 , it'll be two weeks on Thursday since I started supplementing and was going to increase to 1/4 like you mentioned. I'm quite happy with my Cynoplus protocol, just the confusion comes from T3. Such small amounts of T3, aren't doing much for me as it really is as small a nibble as you can imagine. But cautious of taking too much before increasing Cynoplus dosage.

I must have read that web post about 20 times, it' was really helpful to me to be fair - but he also doesn't mention how much T3 he takes, he just says he takes small amounts throughout the day, but to me, that's quite vague.
No problem, maybe someone can ask him on one of his next podcasts! If it's any help to you, I take one drop of haiduts tyronene product 8mcg of T3 once in the morning with breakfast. I then take 1/4 of a cynoplus tablet 3 times a day with meals. I didn't even realise until now, but this does equal to around a 1:3 ratio, and works really well for me.

rei

Thanks for your response @rei . That's interesting, is there anywhere I can read about it? I've read Ray's article and Broda Barnes book, but haven't specifically found anything to say about that it's okay to approach 2:1 necessarily. I didn't know if there were maybe unwanted effects of taking too much T3

You can even try to take only t3. What RP said is just a guideline that is most often beneficial. Personally i would source freeze dried thyroid powder (not pill, pharma ***t) it is rare to find nowadays but some good sources still exist.

freyasam

You can even try to take only t3. What RP said is just a guideline that is most often beneficial. Personally i would source freeze dried thyroid powder (not pill, pharma ***t) it is rare to find nowadays but some good sources still exist.
Would you be able to post your sources, or DM them to me?

rei

Would you be able to post your sources, or DM them to me?
I have not personally ordered but have heard much good about their product, website pimpomproducts and you must search for thyroid as the powder is not listed in their product categories but is found using search. They also have the same product and another manufacturer's in tablet form that can be found normally.

Last edited:

rayban

Can you send me an amazon link to buy a device to measure pulse rate, temperature, blood pressure etc to make a log that is accurate?

Vileplume

No problem, maybe someone can ask him on one of his next podcasts! If it's any help to you, I take one drop of haiduts tyronene product 8mcg of T3 once in the morning with breakfast. I then take 1/4 of a cynoplus tablet 3 times a day with meals. I didn't even realise until now, but this does equal to around a 1:3 ratio, and works really well for me.
Hey man, are you still on this dose of thyroid? How is it going?

rr1

Hey man, are you still on this dose of thyroid? How is it going?
Yep, still on exactly this dose. Good temps and pulse is consistently 85-90 all day long, feeling great. I’m not sure if I may have to go a bit lower in summer, but for now I will stick to this.

Vileplume

Yep, still on exactly this dose. Good temps and pulse is consistently 85-90 all day long, feeling great. I’m not sure if I may have to go a bit lower in summer, but for now I will stick to this.
Good to hear :thumbup:

Vileplume

Hey man, just wanted to check in and see how the thyroid supplementation is going for you. Do you still take the dose described above? How's the pulse and temp?

I'm taking 1.25 tablets of cynoplus, and my temps are excellent, but I still struggle to lock in solid deep sleep.