Thryoid does nothing

RobertMichael

Cynomel/cynoplus, Cholesterol is sufficient, liver/oysters aren't avoided, eating more doesn't do anything but make my stomach feel more inflamed. Vitamin D was fine last test I had, but reverse t3 was on the higher end (before using thyroid). I can take anywhere from a couple micrograms of t3 to over 50 micrograms and over 100 micrograms t4 split into small doses throughout the day, and I don't feel anything, temperature and pulse doesn't move.

gaze

i think this tendancy can happen when the diet has too much protein relative to carbs/fat. if your really hypo, keeping protein under 15% may be best. something like 55% carb, 30% fat, 15% protein

OP
RobertMichael

RobertMichael

i think this tendancy can happen when the diet has too much protein relative to carbs/fat. if your really hypo, keeping protein under 15% may be best. something like 55% carb, 30% fat, 15% protein
I tend to do that already, but I don't feel anything if I alter it anyway.

gaze

I tend to do that already, but I don't feel anything if I alter it anyway.
another thing to consider is that any change, like thyroid, or alterting diet, sometimes takes months and years to really get the full effect. just cause you dont feel anything in the short term doesnt mean somethings not working in a positive direction. just work on lowering stress as a whole, slowly and gradually things will improve

OP
RobertMichael

RobertMichael

another thing to consider is that any change, like thyroid, or alterting diet, sometimes takes months and years to really get the full effect. just cause you dont feel anything in the short term doesnt mean somethings not working in a positive direction. just work on lowering stress as a whole, slowly and gradually things will improve
Thanks, I really hope so. It's just that I don't feel any effects from the common therapeutics, and I've been approaching it from a Peat perspective for a while now, and for even longer was in the right direction(or so I thought..)

youngsinatra

I received your PMs about this. It‘s likely that you have some sort of nutrient deficiency.

I think that taking thyroid can increase your demand for B vitamins significantly.

I lately hit a point where I felt an increase in bodytemperature and pulse, but sort of hit a wall energetically. I tried 0.5mg of biotin and it resolved. I think @Mauritio posted about increase B vitamin requirements on thyroid aswell IIRC.

I‘d investigate the B vitamins, but not in crazy high doses. Maybe something like a low dose B complex with 1-3x the RDA levels. (I think „pure encapsulations B complex“ is like that, but not the „Plus“ version, which is too high dosed)

Last edited:

youngsinatra

I just saw that you had high reverse T3. This is like a metabolic break, if you metabolism does not feel safe with a high metabolic rate. This is usually either due to chronic stress (emotionally, chemically or physically -> gut problems are also stressful) an chronic infection or nutrient deficiencies.

Jonk

eating more doesn't do anything but make my stomach feel more inflamed.
Heavily focusing on carbs helps me right now. Before I was rarely ever hungry but after eating low protein low fat a more normal hunger signaling has returned. People critiquing very low fat often feel insatiable hunger and having to eat like every hour, but I think for me with a very weak digestion it has been beneficial. My guess is the more stable your metabolism and digestion is, the more you can incorporate proteins and fats without any issues. Also starches gets a bad rap but practically they are a helpful way to get lots of carbs. At least for me they are easier to digest as a main source of carbs than liquids. Maybe whole fruit would be optimal but its hard for me to source, especially the amounts needed for sufficient calories. Only been a few weeks eating like this but so far so good

Mauritio

I'd guess its a gut issue of some sort: either absorption is bad or endotoxin is too high.

If it was a nutrient deficiency you would still feel thyroid hormones ,you would just get vitamin deficiency symptoms (cracked lips, flaky skin, eczema, etc...)

OP
RobertMichael

RobertMichael

I received your PMs about this. It‘s likely that you have some sort of nutrient deficiency.

I think that taking thyroid can increase your demand for B vitamins significantly.

I lately hit a point where I felt an increase in bodytemperature and pulse, but sort of hit a wall energetically. I tried 0.5mg of biotin and it resolved. I think @Mauritio posted about increase B vitamin requirements on thyroid aswell IIRC.

I‘d investigate the B vitamins, but not in crazy high doses. Maybe something like a low dose B complex with 1-3x the RDA levels. (I think „pure encapsulations B complex“ is like that, but not the „Plus“ version, which is too high dosed)
Something to try I suppose.
I just saw that you had high reverse T3. This is like a metabolic break, if you metabolism does not feel safe with a high metabolic rate. This is usually either due to chronic stress (emotionally, chemically or physically -> gut problems are also stressful) an chronic infection or nutrient deficiencies.
Yeah, when I do a cursory search on rT3 all I can find is people talking about how it's from life stress, but not applicable in my case, and unhelpful. Guess it would be the gut problems. How about 2 weeks of penicillin?
Heavily focusing on carbs helps me right now. Before I was rarely ever hungry but after eating low protein low fat a more normal hunger signaling has returned. People critiquing very low fat often feel insatiable hunger and having to eat like every hour, but I think for me with a very weak digestion it has been beneficial. My guess is the more stable your metabolism and digestion is, the more you can incorporate proteins and fats without any issues. Also starches gets a bad rap but practically they are a helpful way to get lots of carbs. At least for me they are easier to digest as a main source of carbs than liquids. Maybe whole fruit would be optimal but its hard for me to source, especially the amounts needed for sufficient calories. Only been a few weeks eating like this but so far so good
Even if I eat obscene amounts of food and take thyroid, I feel nothing. And normally I do manage to eat a good amount of food. I'm actually the opposite, fat is essential to make my digestion manageable, going low fat immediately makes my digestion worse I think.
I'd guess its a gut issue of some sort: either absorption is bad or endotoxin is too high.

If it was a nutrient deficiency you would still feel thyroid hormones ,you would just get vitamin deficiency symptoms (cracked lips, flaky skin, eczema, etc...)
Would 2 weeks of , say, penicillin clear this up?

Jonk

Even if I eat obscene amounts of food and take thyroid, I feel nothing. And normally I do manage to eat a good amount of food. I'm actually the opposite, fat is essential to make my digestion manageable, going low fat immediately makes my digestion worse I think.
Gotcha, just don't be afraid trying out different macros, like a few days without muscle meats etc

Is there anything that helps you feel better? In terms of higher energy, body temperature, better in general? Does sleep deprivation help?

OP
RobertMichael

RobertMichael

Is there anything that helps you feel better? In terms of higher energy, body temperature, better in general? Does sleep deprivation help?
Temps tend to already be high, but don't stick to a good rhythm, the main symptom is bad digestion (bloat, GERD) although there other hypo symptoms. I don't think sleep deprivation would be helpful for my case.

Peater

This won't be a popular opinion but I am currently reading "The Iodine Crisis" and there are several mentions of people taking thyroid hormones but not feeling any or much benefit until they start taking Lugols/SSKI and selenium, Vit C, etc.

Think of this as a suggestion of nothing else other than to download a Kindle version yourself and have a read.

I also have a copy of Dr Brownstein's Overcoming Thyroid Disorders as I am curious to understand the gulf between the 'Big 3' thyroid/iodine Drs and Dr Peat. I mention this as Dr Brownstein is also a fan of supplementing (when necessary) small amounts of bio-identical hormones including progestene/pregnenelone/DHEA/T and also sees excess estrogen as a problem.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals