Incurable hypothyroidism? Almost total resistance to T3? What to do?

PeskyPeater

Effects of thyroid hormone on carbonic anhydrase I concentration in human erythroid burst-forming unit-derived cells - PubMed

Abstract​

Individuals with hyperthyroidism exhibit red blood cell concentrations of carbonic anhydrase I (CAI) that reflect the integrated serum thyroid hormone concentration over the preceding few months. Furthermore, T3, at a physiological free concentration, decreases the CAI concentration in human erythroleukemic YN-1 cells. The effect of T3 on CAI concentration in burst-forming unit-erythroid (BFU-E)- derived cells, obtained by culturing peripheral blood mononuclear cells with various cytokines, including erythropoietin, has now been investigated. BFU-E-derived cells contained a high concentration of CAI (mean +/- SE, 4.8 +/- 0.8 x 10(-12) mol/10(6) cells; n = 8). The CAI in BFU-E-derived cells was immunologically identical to that present in mature red blood cells. T3 decreased the CAI concentration in BFU-E-derived cells in a dose-dependent manner (28%, 47% and 75% decreases at 3 x 10(-10), 1 x 10(-9), and 3 x 10(-9) mol/liter T3, respectively). These results suggest that BFU-E-derived cells may be used to study the effect of T3 on human red blood cell CAI. This system may prove useful in the tissue diagnosis of resistance to thyroid hormone.

Osteo

Effects of thyroid hormone on carbonic anhydrase I concentration in human erythroid burst-forming unit-derived cells - PubMed

Abstract​

Individuals with hyperthyroidism exhibit red blood cell concentrations of carbonic anhydrase I (CAI) that reflect the integrated serum thyroid hormone concentration over the preceding few months. Furthermore, T3, at a physiological free concentration, decreases the CAI concentration in human erythroleukemic YN-1 cells. The effect of T3 on CAI concentration in burst-forming unit-erythroid (BFU-E)- derived cells, obtained by culturing peripheral blood mononuclear cells with various cytokines, including erythropoietin, has now been investigated. BFU-E-derived cells contained a high concentration of CAI (mean +/- SE, 4.8 +/- 0.8 x 10(-12) mol/10(6) cells; n = 8). The CAI in BFU-E-derived cells was immunologically identical to that present in mature red blood cells. T3 decreased the CAI concentration in BFU-E-derived cells in a dose-dependent manner (28%, 47% and 75% decreases at 3 x 10(-10), 1 x 10(-9), and 3 x 10(-9) mol/liter T3, respectively). These results suggest that BFU-E-derived cells may be used to study the effect of T3 on human red blood cell CAI. This system may prove useful in the tissue diagnosis of resistance to thyroid hormone.

Hi,
Would you mind explaining that in plain English for those less knowledgable like myself :) please.

OP
gilson d dantas
I'm in the same boat.. I can take huge amounts of T3 and it does nothing to my pulse or temps...
I does give me insomnia though...

I already tried thiamine with other B vitamins but it did not work.

Gilson, did you try Thiamine? Any improvements?
I´m going to try thiamine; I don´t know if I use megadose through.

OP
gilson d dantas

Abstract​

what exactly are you trying to say with this article?

OP
gilson d dantas
thiocyanate content

thiocyanate content

In this experience in the article you sent me, sheep were fed with kale [the author doesn't say, but it certainly wasn't boiled cabbage leaf, I mean, the boiled water of the boiled leaf ];
it is expected, as in fact happened in the experiment, that the sheep have their thyroids damaged:
raw kale is goitrogenic. But in my case, I don't use raw cabbage leaves. Just the water from the cooking of the kale leaf [disregarding the cooked leaves]. So how can this boiled water be harmful to the thyroid?

OP
gilson d dantas
thiocyanate content

What do you mean with thiocianate content on the water of kale boiled leaves?
You mean that we are being poisoned when we consume boiled cabbage water [as R Peat teaches us]? Do you have evidence that this boiled cabbage water is toxic? I´m curious about your evidences.

OP
gilson d dantas
In this experience in the article you sent me, sheep were fed with kale [the author doesn't say, but it certainly wasn't boiled cabbage leaf, I mean, the boiled water of the boiled leaf ];
it is expected, as in fact happened in the experiment, that the sheep have their thyroids damaged:
raw kale is goitrogenic. But in my case, I don't use raw cabbage leaves. Just the water from the cooking of the kale leaf [disregarding the cooked leaves]. So how can this boiled water be harmful to the thyroid?
Again about toxicity of kale leaves.
An article that talks about the toxicity [goitrogenicity] of the kaleleaf, which I link to below, again, is dealing with raw kale leaf and not, as is my case, with boiled kale leaf water. Raw kale is not suitable for humans unless they want to risk damaging their thyroid. I don't use raw cabbage leaves, EVER.
And this is the one that, yes, is toxic for us [and for the sheep, apparently].

SuperStressed

The only post of someone who had escaped this problem said it was endotoxin blocking the effects of thyroid, which makes a lot of sense when you consider that endotoxin overburdens the liver and stops efficient use of glucose (which you would need to use t3???)

Do people on all meat diets get a metabolism boost from T3?

RobertMichael

The only post of someone who had escaped this problem said it was endotoxin blocking the effects of thyroid, which makes a lot of sense when you consider that endotoxin overburdens the liver and stops efficient use of glucose (which you would need to use t3???)

Do people on all meat diets get a metabolism boost from T3?
Where did you find this?

Blossom

Forum Supporter
@SuperStressed, sometimes. I’ve done all meat stretches on and off for the last 4 years and NDT is always helpful regardless of my diet.

SuperStressed

@SuperStressed, sometimes. I’ve done all meat stretches on and off for the last 4 years and NDT is always helpful regardless of my diet.
interesting thanks
Where did you find this?

mostlylurking

I´m going to try thiamine; I don´t know if I use megadose through.
Thiamine hcl requires higher doses, always taken with water and separated by 30+ minutes from anything sweet or starchy. The higher doses are needed because thiamine hcl does not get through the intestinal wall efficiently.

How is your EMF
A thiamine deficiency/functional blockage will make you more sensitive to EMF.

Dr Peat said it's an carbonic anhydrase inhibitor similar like what thyroid does. So it could help improving CO2.
Thiamine is a carbonic anydrase inhibitor.
"The inhibition of carbonic anhydrase isoenzymes by high-dose thiamine and the resulting production of carbon dioxide could lead to reductions in fatigue and other symptomatic improvement through one or more of four potential pathways: (a) by reducing intracranial hypertension and/or ventral brainstem compression; (b) by increasing blood flow to the brain; (c) by facilitating aerobic cellular respiration and lactate clearance through the Bohr effect7; or (d) by dampening the pro-inflammatory Th-17 pathway,8 again through the Bohr effect, potentially mediated by reductions in hypoxia-inducible factor 1.9"

If you are deficient in thiamine, the end product of oxidative metabolism is lactic acid instead of carbon dioxide. Supplementing thiamine resolves the lactic acid by increasing the production of carbon dioxide.
I already tried thiamine with other B vitamins but it did not work.
What type of thiamine did you take? How much? Did you take it with plain water or something sweet?

Apple

Thiamine hcl requires higher doses, always taken with water and separated by 30+ minutes from anything sweet or starchy. The higher doses are needed because thiamine hcl does not get through the intestinal wall efficiently.

A thiamine deficiency/functional blockage will make you more sensitive to EMF.

Thiamine is a carbonic anydrase inhibitor.
"The inhibition of carbonic anhydrase isoenzymes by high-dose thiamine and the resulting production of carbon dioxide could lead to reductions in fatigue and other symptomatic improvement through one or more of four potential pathways: (a) by reducing intracranial hypertension and/or ventral brainstem compression; (b) by increasing blood flow to the brain; (c) by facilitating aerobic cellular respiration and lactate clearance through the Bohr effect7; or (d) by dampening the pro-inflammatory Th-17 pathway,8 again through the Bohr effect, potentially mediated by reductions in hypoxia-inducible factor 1.9"

If you are deficient in thiamine, the end product of oxidative metabolism is lactic acid instead of carbon dioxide. Supplementing thiamine resolves the lactic acid by increasing the production of carbon dioxide.

What type of thiamine did you take? How much? Did you take it with plain water or something sweet?
Is it possible to get enough thiamine just with normal foods without supplements?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals