Incurable hypothyroidism? Almost total resistance to T3? What to do?

Sounds like you need more iodine than fish is giving you and i would lose the kale tea habit. Also that is a lot of supplements you are taking. I say do a month without them and take some iodine drops in your oj . Additional iodine is the only thing that keeps my temps up. Thyroid medication does nothing for me ... why ? bc i don't need it. I just needed calories and iodine .

mostlylurking

Is it possible to get enough thiamine just with normal foods without supplements?
I suppose it is possible, assuming no sugar is consumed and thiaminase foods are scrupulously avoided and you don't have any heavy metals toxicity.

cs3000

OP
gilson d dantas
@gilson d dantas You could try pineapple juice for a few weeks to restore thyroid activity
Good idea. But my problem it is not on thyroid. The problem is: T3 do not enter at the cell. And I cant undestand why. I´m reading, reading everything and dont find ANY EXPLANATION ABOUT THIS.

RobertMichael

Same here, I haven't done blood work while taking thyroid but I feel absolutely nothing taking cynomel or cynoplus whether it's just 3mcg of t3 or very large doses, before food or with food, no reliable change in temperature or pulse either.

mgrabs

Sounds like you need more iodine than fish is giving you and i would lose the kale tea habit. Also that is a lot of supplements you are taking. I say do a month without them and take some iodine drops in your oj . Additional iodine is the only thing that keeps my temps up. Thyroid medication does nothing for me ... why ? bc i don't need it. I just needed calories and iodine .
How much iodine do you take daily?

Nfinkelstein

Echoing the iodine comment made previously. You may be eating seafood and getting some iodine but it won't be nearly the same as iodine painting with something like lugols. Iodine is controversial on this forum but you might consider looking into it further, weston price foundation website has further resources.

mgrabs

Echoing the iodine comment made previously. You may be eating seafood and getting some iodine but it won't be nearly the same as iodine painting with something like lugols. Iodine is controversial on this forum but you might consider looking into it further, weston price foundation website has further resources.
I wonder how one drop of lugols 2% would be daily. Which is 2.5 milligrams of iodine

Peater

I wonder how one drop of lugols 2% would be daily. Which is 2.5 milligrams of iodine

I'm inclined to agree (Especially about dropping the kale tea at minimum) but please remember the selenium methionine, plentiful salt, OJ (Vit C) and magnesium too.

mgrabs

I'm inclined to agree (Especially about dropping the kale tea at minimum) but please remember the selenium methionine, plentiful salt, OJ (Vit C) and magnesium too.
In case of symptoms just up magnesium and vitamin c?

Peater

In case of symptoms just up magnesium and vitamin c?
I'm honestly not the best person to ask, but if anything I would say up the salt and back off the iodine a little and just to reiterate take selenium! Personally I also make sure I drink plenty of low fat milk for the calcium (Parathyroid support) and potassium.

I've detailed my experiences with SSKI so far here with help from @Jam and @Makrosky

You can see a comparison of my thyroid test results - nothing unexpected or dramatic - the sharp rise in TSH was expected and common and antibodies are low.

Of course this is just my own N = 1 experiment which is still on-going!

mgrabs

I'm honestly not the best person to ask, but if anything I would say up the salt and back off the iodine a little and just to reiterate take selenium! Personally I also make sure I drink plenty of low fat milk for the calcium (Parathyroid support) and potassium.

I've detailed my experiences with SSKI so far here with help from @Jam and @Makrosky

You can see a comparison of my thyroid test results - nothing unexpected or dramatic - the sharp rise in TSH was expected and common and antibodies are low.

Of course this is just my own N = 1 experiment which is still on-going!
Wow. Interesting. Were you okay with doing just one drop a day? Did you have any symptoms? I would love to just take it daily! Along with adequate nutrition

Peater

Wow. Interesting. Were you okay with doing just one drop a day? Did you have any symptoms? I would love to just take it daily! Along with adequate nutrition
I'm still taking 3x drops of SSKI daily - that's 150mg of iodide. I've since been applying Lugol's topically to my shoulders, and had the occasional drop of it in water.

Stamina and overall feeling are good. I haven't noticed any side effects/symptoms but that could be because water was never flouridated here, I don't know about bromine in flour but I haven't eaten bread for over 10 years. So I wonder if I don't have the halide build up some people might have. I could of course still be deficient, if there is anything to the iodine theory.

I am hoping it will help my shoulder pain, and also with my body composition (It doesn't seem to respond to thyroid hormone) as I eat a damn good diet but my body comp sucks! I also sweat extremely easily and profusely so it would be nice to see an improvement in that. Nothing has ever helped that, so I'm not pinning all my hopes on iodine.

I intend to re-test my thyroid hormones in a month or so, and see what's going on and where to go from there.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals