Thyroid Panel Help

Mreqsol

Hi there again.

Last week I had my Blood Tested after being taking some Thyroid (Cynomel).

Last year, I was experiencing a lot of hypothyroid symptoms due to years of low-zero carb and stressful life/exercise. Even though gaining a lot of weight (10 kg in a couple weeks), temperatures in the 34ºC,s. and complete insomnia, my bloodwork by that time was "within range". I did not received help by any doctor (at least true help) and was put through anti depressants.

After feeling better for a while, and being able to sleep, I could not exercise and had low energy. My bodyweight was not budging either. Eventually, after 3 months on anti depressants, I changed my job (by a less stressful one) and felt I had to regain my life and energy.

It was then when I decided to starting thyroid, after reading Broda Barnes "Hypothyroidism, the unsuspected illness" and Paul Robinson's books that I've seen in other threads. I managed to get some cynomel and started experimenting with it following Paul Robinson's methods. After a while (2 months) nothing happened. I reached 150 micrograms T3 per day which IMO it's A LOT. By the way, my diet was lower carb than ever. Thank god it was mainly pure coconut, coconut oil, mct oil and butter and eggs, I ditched mostly limiting my protein intake to about 50g/day (I'm 1.74m, weighted 80 kg by that moment). Suddenly, I dropped weight again (a lot of muscle obviously) and hit 65 kg. I felt mysel squalid but energy did not come. I had been cold for so long that I can not remember.

In conclusion, the only reference I have that T3 was working was the fact that my cholesterol had gone from 300 to 180, so my parents and wife were "pleased" with the results. I was able to sleep again at least, and even through the night sometimes.

Anyway, I was still feeling that that was not the life I wanted. I was constantly fatigued and was unable to feel true happiness, the love for my wife, or the interest for living in general. I found then Tom Brimeyer at forefronthealth.com connecting hypothyroidism with food and leading me eventually to Ray Peat's work. I've been trying to implement his ideas for the last 1,5 months or so and at least I can say I feel alive again.

However, I tried stopping my T3 after a while to see if the new protocol was being successful. I decided to test my blood to see what thyroid was looking like for me. I ditched the T3 for 84 hours (3 days and a half) and had it tested (I was expecting TSH not to be suppressed after that time). During those days, insomnia came back, I was feeling bloated again and constipation set in once more.

The result of the análisis showed a T3 level almost suppressed, along with suppressed tsh and t4. So all my thyroid hormones are suppressed. Can I have a problem with my pituitary? Is it not enough time for the thyroid/pituitary to resume its activity?

I've starte T3 again but insomnia is still there. I've put on weight (5kg so far) after peating but I guess that is a logic consequence of just starving my body for years. I'm trying now to mimic Wilson protocol having t3 every 3 or 4 hours and by now my temps range from 36.5 to 36,8, pulse 65 to 70 (some months ago it was on the 40,s.).

I hope someone can help. Thanks for reading anyway.

Attachments

• 313331323930302D323031383033323820180405004442.pdf
    89.5 KB · Views: 32

Wayne J

You might also try "stop the thyroid madness" book and they have a web site as well. I am not a medical person, but in my readings the thyroid 'fix' covers a LOT more than we think it does. Due to your test results not being in English, I am finding it being a hard time to help other than It looks that your T3 is low as is the T4, but is this FREE T3 and FREE T4? TSH is low - which, from my studying, is good? Again, recommend the stopthethyroidmadeness.com web site for these questions.

Luckytype

So can you give us an idea of your caloric intake and the breakdown of it both more details on foods and what it is comprised of with macronutrients.

Ill reserve comments until we hear more.

Protein needs to be at around 100 a day.

Also, if T3 was that high, and knowing the thyroid gland can take a while to turn back on following exogenous support, the 84 hour window in your individual case may not have been quite enough time for it to be kickstarted(if it was able to). Cholesterol reduction sounds like thyroid was needed.

Whats pretty important here is if you are going to treat your symptoms and use pulse and temps to gauge it you really only need those two things and then alleviation of your symptoms over time.

By turning on the gas that is thyroid hormone you absolutely need to make sure food is adequate and nutrition is appropriate or youre literally wasting some of your money and time potentially stressing your body more.

Zoom out and think longer term here

OP
Mreqsol

Mreqsol

So can you give us an idea of your caloric intake and the breakdown of it both more details on foods and what it is comprised of with macronutrients.

Ill reserve comments until we hear more.

Protein needs to be at around 100 a day.

Also, if T3 was that high, and knowing the thyroid gland can take a while to turn back on following exogenous support, the 84 hour window in your individual case may not have been quite enough time for it to be kickstarted(if it was able to). Cholesterol reduction sounds like thyroid was needed.

Whats pretty important here is if you are going to treat your symptoms and use pulse and temps to gauge it you really only need those two things and then alleviation of your symptoms over time.

By turning on the gas that is thyroid hormone you absolutely need to make sure food is adequate and nutrition is appropriate or youre literally wasting some of your money and time potentially stressing your body more.

Zoom out and think longer term here

Currently 2500-3000 calories.
50% Carbs (fruits, honey, sucrose), 25% protein (mostly gelatin, cheese, milk, eggs), 25% saturated fat.
I still can’t feel any effect on Cytomel. My pulse is getting better 65s-70,s (upon awakening, then 90,s most of the day)
and currently improving, temps stuck in 36,5-36,7 around midday.

Still, I don’t feel optimal, keep on putring on weight (again, I guess it is normal after several years of crushing my body). I barely sweat, my body temperature is not yet stable, etc.

The only reason I keep on taking T3 is that I get severe insomnia if I quit taking it. I’m tying NDT at night at the moment but I’m only 5 days in the new protocol, so far so good as pulse is increasing and mood is even better.

My hope tomorrow is that the endo runs more tests tomorrow on (other pituitary hormones) to get sure everything is “ok” and the results are flawed because I was taking t3 84 hours prior to labwork.

Thanks and I’ll keep you updated.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals