Heart Pounding Palpitations From Thyroid Supplement Log

Combie

Charlie, do you not know any bodybuilders or gym rats who might be able to obtain T3 quickly? Im not sure what the legalities of that are in the US tho..

narouz

kiran said:
narouz, I had chronic fatigue type issues, and just general hypothyroid symptoms with very low body temp (but high pulse) etc. It is my impression that he doesn't want to recommend T3 directly because someone might pick that advice up and hurt themselves with it. I had also been taking iodoral for a while, so perhaps I had some iodine toxicity going on.

I did the Iodoral thing too.
It seemed so reasonable to me at the time. :oops:

Any luck with getting the temps up with the T3?

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
kiran said:
I don't know if it helps ease your mind, but it was Peat who recommended I use T3 a while back.

That helps, a little. :lol:

narouz said:
Charlie said:
I will think on it some more, but I just dont know what to try at this point.

Charlie-

As I said, I've been sortuv trying a similar angle myself lately,
on a cue from Ray-Z.
But I was aware--or had forgotten about--
the view on the website you noted
about strictly only T3 being used
as a method of "clearing" the supposedly over-stored T4.
So I'd been using a little T3 blended in with lessened dosage of NDT or CynoPlus (a synthetic T4/T3).

According to that website's calculator method,
I am OD'd on T4.
So maybe I'll try the only-T3 thing too
(but I'll have to wait on it like you).

The thing that makes me doubt that that is your problem is:
you took that T4/T3 combo NDT quite a while ago.
Seems like it would've cleared by now.
Well...maybe not.

And the thing that makes me wonder if it is the problem for either of us is:
both of us have been able to sustain pretty consistently good temps,
and I have been doing pretty well at pulse too--consistently around at least 80, so...
I know your pulses have been lagging.

But...as I say...worth a try.
I don't think it would be dangerous at low doses.

Well my other theory is that the NDT is definitely working right, and it has made me much more sensitive to adrenaline like its supposed to. I was off NDT for a couple weeks, but then got back on it, now I have been off of it about a week now. So it has not been too long since I have been off it.

And I dont have any problems with temps right now. Only pulse is lagging like usual. So maybe because of that, I can rule out the RT3 and go back to the too much thyroid theory?

Combie said:
Charlie, do you not know any bodybuilders or gym rats who might be able to obtain T3 quickly? Im not sure what the legalities of that are in the US tho..

I do, just do not know how legit the product is.

narouz said:
It seemed so reasonable to me at the time. :oops:

Guilty as charged.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Ok, after having a discussion with Ray Peat I think I have might possibly nailed down what's going on. Will post up more later.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Charlie said:
Dr. Peat, when your metabolism increases, and things start working better. Does your heart beat noticeably harder then when everything was dialed down metabolically? I wonder if maybe I am just not use to my heart working the way it should?

Ray Peat said:
Yes, people are usually surprised when they first feel the sensation of a beating heart, some people are thrilled by the sensation of being alive.

Ray Peat said:
Yes, I am surprised for sure. Scared even. lol

So, when the heart is beating as it should. You will feel it most of the time? Especially when laying down for bed.

Ray Peat said:
If it feels like a muscle contracting inside your chest, I think that's right.

:lol:

Funny guy.

Anyways. So yeh, I am alive. I am feeling alive and didn't even know what alive was supposed to feel like. Who knew?

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Diane, well, I truly hope this is the case. I guess I can get use to feeling my heart beat all the time. Now, when it doesn't beat hard, I get kinda sad. :lol: I am such a dork. :roll:

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Btw thanks Diane, this has been a stressful experience.

Still not 100% convinced but it is something to think about. And it also takes the stress off the situation a LOT.

chris

narouz said:

I'd guess my record for iodine consumed at once is ~200mg. Can anyone top that? lol

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
:hiding

But massive doses of iodine are healthy and will push out all the bromide!!!

/sarcasm

HDD

Charlie said:

Still not 100% convinced but it is something to think about. And it also takes the stress off the situation a LOT.

Yes, I have been reading your posts and it would be unnerving for anyone. I am glad Peat was able to give you some reassurance that it was normal.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Haagendazendiane said:
Charlie said:

Yes, I have been reading your posts and it would be unnerving for anyone. I am glad Peat was able to give you some reassurance that it was normal.

Me too. :mrgreen: The anxiety level went from a 9 down to a 2, or maybe even 1. Relief!

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
It's been exactly 2 days from when the hard beating heart stopped. Pretty much when I wrote Ray Peat right after that it stopped. :lol:

Starting back up thyroid today, 1/16th of a pill, twice a day, of the nutri-meds porcine pills.

Noticed that my energy has been less that last few days. And, weird thing, soon as I the hard heart beat stopped, I had 2 terrible nights of sleep. Not sure if it's connected.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Ok, so pounding heart stopped. At the same time, I start having the, when I go to sleep, I jerk right back awake. Now, I am not sure if this is from the B6 I took again(which I dont think it is because of B6 just wanted to state the possibility), or, if my body is upping the adrenaline to preserve the current metabolic rate I have. I know for a fact, my metabolic rate is sliding backwards since stopping thyroid. My energy is going down and down and down, sleep, slowly becoming worse. So, I have to assume, that this hard heart beat, is actually, a normal state of heart beat. Because, I would get really great sleep when all that hard hear beat stuff was happening. I would have a harder time going to sleep, but I think that was just anxiety and some fear of the hard heart beat, but once I was asleep, it was like a coma state, freaking out like a light!

I have resumed thyroid supplementing like I said earlier. This is the 3rd day back on, and today, the hard heart beat slightly started back up. But, I do not feel stressed about it. So, gonna ride it out for now.

I've been having the heart palpitations (feeling every heartbeat hard) more or less since I started a general Peat-inspired diet, particularly when I added in the quart of milk and OJ I think. No thyroid supplements ever.

Sort of lived with them for the past 2-3 months even though I've been to the doc a few times, they couldn't see anything out of the ordinary aside from respiratory arrythmia but they say that's normal.

Mine are peculiar though, sometimes the heart rate goes up, sometimes it doesn't. But aside from just the heartbeats, I have this constant unnerving feeling in my chest that doesn't let me relax. IT feels almost exactly the same as when you get scared, or someone is about to call your name out etc. Anxiety / adrenaline related I think. It is there in varying intensities the whole day.

I've reduced the liquids since yesterday as I think I am overhydrating myself and messing up my electrolytes. I felt better yesterday evening and today the "chest anxiety" came back really hard and the palpitations are on-off. I am trying to see if its related to any foods. I will stop drinking everything except water for a while.

Can't really live with this anymore.

P.S. I forgot to mention I another thing I am also experiencing.

It feels like a weak hit or rush in your chest, where you were expecting something to happen (probably a normal heartbeat), and then half a second later comes the actual heartbeat. So it's almost like a premonition of a heartbeat that you can feel.

Those may be the "premature atrial contractions" mentioned earlier here. I wonder if Taurine would help me too.

narouz

Charlie-
I was wondering what going on with your hard heart pounding and thyroid strategy these days.
I think I'm subscribed to this thread, but...I see I've missed some reports.

Did you ever get any Cytomel or Cynomel--the straight T3?
I remember you were thinking about trying that,
under the theory that you had too much T4
(and therefore I guess too much RT3) built up in your system.
Ray-Z has a similar view and approach.

I got my T3 and have been experimenting very cautiously.
Oddly enough, even when I take what would seem like it should be a maximum healthy dose
(by Peat's way of looking at it)
of about 4-5mcg every hour or so
(which is what Peat says humans normally make)
...my metabolism (pulse and temps) are well down.

You'd think I would really respond strongly to straight T3, right?

Well...I'm gonna increase my dosage and see what happens.
I'm doing this as a way of trying to see if there's anything to the theory of
clearing excess, metabolically suppressive T4 (begetting RT3).
I mean, if there's anything to that theory in my case.

On a related note,
I was reading some stuff by this Dr. John Lowe
because he was a big proponent of some hypo's taking only T3.
I didn't come away with an opinion pro or con about the little bit of stuff I read by him,
but this passage from an interview with him made me think of you and you HHP:

The only person for whom a small dose of T3 would be harmful would be someone with an extremely fragile heart. Among ambulatory people, this is extremely rare. When a person begins to take an effective dose of T3, his or her previously under-stimulated heart beats more forcibly. The person isn’t used to feeling the vibrations produced by the more forceful projection of blood out of the left large heart chamber (ventricle) against the inner wall of the aorta. Because of this, the person perceives the pounding. Many people misinterpret the pounding as overstimulation of the heart. In fact, it’s just a normal occurrence, as in people who haven’t been hypothyroid. Perception of the pounding is usually enhanced if the person lies on a bed. The bed acts as a sounding board, and this amplifies the perception of pounding and may frighten the person. But if the person understands that the pounding is a harmless phenomenon, he or she will become desensitized to it after a week or two. The pounding from vibrations continue, but the person then isn’t aware of it.
http://toopoopedtoparticipate.com/blog/dr-john-c-lowe-speaks/

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Well holy moly narouz. That statement by Dr. John sounds like exactly what is happening to me. FFS, I am alive!!!! :lol: :partydance :rockout :welcome2 :woo :dope :coke :dancenanner :dancenanner

So yeh, I do think, I am just simply not use to my heart beating as it should.

I skipped the T3 narouz because I simply need to be careful with my funds right now and having to be picky about what I do. Also, I was really thinking hard about what Dr Peat said about people finally feeling their heart beat. I wanted to believe, that what was happening to me was normal. So now, I have been supplementing about 9 or so days. I am taking 1/4 of the nutrimeds, basically, just to get rid of it, and taking 1/8th of a pill for lunch and breakfast, and 1/16th of a pill at bedtime of the thiroyd. The last couple of days I can slightly feel my heart beating harder, and I welcome it, so this time, its a lot less stressful.

After being off about 2 weeks of thyroid, trying to get this hard beating heart to go away, I was slowly slipping back down into the hole. I wanted to cry. Was feeling really tired, at night, when I would fall asleep, I would yank back awake violently, and then, I wouldnt sleep good. I would also have to pee many times at night. I could totally feel and understand what was happening to me. My metabolism was slowly dipping, and adrenaline/cortisol was rising trying to keep my metabolism up. Now, about 9 days in of taking thyroid, I feel my energy coming back, sleep is much better only waking up once a night now, but I expect to be back to 8-9 hour uninterrupted sleep nights soon. No more jerking violently awake. The hard beating heart(I will learn to call it normal soon enough! :mrgreen: ) feels like its trying to come back, yay! So I am now back on the right track.

I am learning so much about myself through this process its just really all so cool. Watching how I was slowly dipping back into the hole was a bit depressing, but hey, its a process I need to be able to notice so I can adjust my thyroid supplementing if need be. And now, watching myself come out of the hole, coming back to life, coming out of a state of hibernation, is the cats meow. :mrgreen:

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
This quote hit me so deep, and I read it so many times already, and it just needs to be quoted again. Narouz, I love you man!! :rockout

Dr. John Lowe said:
The only person for whom a small dose of T3 would be harmful would be someone with an extremely fragile heart. Among ambulatory people, this is extremely rare. When a person begins to take an effective dose of T3, his or her previously under-stimulated heart beats more forcibly. The person isn’t used to feeling the vibrations produced by the more forceful projection of blood out of the left large heart chamber (ventricle) against the inner wall of the aorta. Because of this, the person perceives the pounding. Many people misinterpret the pounding as overstimulation of the heart. In fact, it’s just a normal occurrence, as in people who haven’t been hypothyroid. Perception of the pounding is usually enhanced if the person lies on a bed. The bed acts as a sounding board, and this amplifies the perception of pounding and may frighten the person. But if the person understands that the pounding is a harmless phenomenon, he or she will become desensitized to it after a week or two. The pounding from vibrations continue, but the person then isn’t aware of it.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals