ttramone sleep log

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I love o.j. too. I've been getting used to a new milk so maybe I will start having more with time. The added vitamins used to bother me so I was using whole without added vitamins. It was 5 dollars a pint so it was quadruple the cost of most other milk. I found an organic 2% in paper/cardboard rather than plastic and so far so good. Do you know why o.j. stains your teeth?
I do think if I use the double boiler and get the honey thin enough it will work. I might add sugar too since I'll be thinning the honey. I will update when I get it perfected.
I think a new thread on liver glycogen would be awesome! Go for it!

OMG ttramone, 12 hours barfing??? You must have had a bad stomach bug... er something. I hope you are feeling better :coke coca cola always settles my tummy.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I just read in one of Mittir's posts that heated honey might be problematic. :(
You learn something new every day. I might have to scrap the honey, butter candy with gelatin because it will require heating. Please weigh in on this new development.

tara

ttramone said:
I'm thinking of starting a new thread on liver glycogen - what are some of the causes of low storage, and what we can do about it.
Yes, please.

edwardBe

Blossom said:
My spouse can't fall asleep without the television on and I can't fall asleep with it on.
Blossom, what works for me is to have a desktop fan on high in the furthermost corner of the room to drown out any background noise which might be what your husband is using the TV for. They are cheap, emit no light, and probably emit lower EMFs than any TV. Worth a try for ~$20. Good luck!

edwardBe

ttramone said:
I was so sick yesterday - vomited for about 12 hours straight. So I slept well last night from pure exhaustion!
Hi ttramone, I recently discovered that Gari, the pink pickled ginger you get in Sushi restaurants is an incredibly effective anti-nausea agent. It even tastes good when you are in the middle of tossing everything back up that you swallow, since it is cold, mildly sweet and mildly sour. Just a couple of slices works a treat. Several friends have tried it with good results also, so it isn't just my extraterrestrial silicone-based metabolism. Even mainstream groceries sell it nowadays.

Dan W

edwardBe said:
Blossom, what works for me is to have a desktop fan on high in the furthermost corner of the room to drown out any background noise which might be what your husband is using the TV for. They are cheap, emit no light, and probably emit lower EMFs than any TV. Worth a try for ~$20. Good luck!

I do something midway between the two options, hooking my phone playing white noise up to some speakers. It lets me tweak the sound to lower ranges to mask traffic noise and other annoyances. There's a study out there somewhere of white noise improving sleep in babies, and I think it helps me too.

edwardBe

Hi Dan, Is that an iPhone app?

Dan W

I originally used an iphone app that worked pretty well, letting you choose "tracks" and their individual volumes:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/sleep-m ... 61162?mt=8

I finally got picky about the sounds and used Audacity to make a custom audio file. I wanted very short loops so that my brain doesn't occupy itself trying to guess when the next repeat is. Pesky brain.

OP
juanitacarlos

juanitacarlos

I've suffered from tinnitus since I was 12. I use white noise as I would not be able to sleep otherwise. I've used this one happily for a few years. I use the 'brown noise' personally. I think it's either free, or you pay what you like. I just play the track on an mp3 player on loop through computer speakers.

This is good too - 12 hours of it. I'm sure you can figure out how to download it.

I just wanted to add another entry into my sleep log. I'm pretty much not having any food before bed any more. I've been taking 2 benadryl and 1/3 tsp of baking soda and that is helping a lot. I'm getting 8 hours every night and sleeping pretty solidly. Needless to say, I feel less fatigued during the day.

But tonight I've decided to add 3 grams of glycine to the mix to get an extra kick. I will post the results.

OP
juanitacarlos

juanitacarlos

Another update. Been sleeping really well lately, but that may be because I am feeling a lot better. I've noticed that I am not waking up too stressed at the moment. That is a big deal for me. What normally happens is that I wake up, eat something, and get incredibly tired because the stress hormones subside and I'm just tired. This has been reduced greatly. Fingers crossed it stays that way. I'm assuming my glycogen storage has improved.

My process at the moment is if dinner doesn't fill me up as needed, I might have a light snack before bed usually of rice crackers and farmers cheese, and if I'm so inclined, a sour squirmy worm or two. No liquid after about 6 unless a small amount with heaps of sugar and salt.

Two Benadryl each night about an hour before bed. I try to read for about 30-60 mins before bed with a red light on.

I find taking taurine or niacinamide disturbs my sleep. So does glycine or gelatin. Seems harder to get to sleep.

Tonight I am taking 500mg of theanine before bed and will see how that feels. I won't take the Benadryl. Will post the results.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals