Never Broken- sugarbabe's log

InChristAlone

Thought I'd jot down things I'm doing and how it's turning out. I feel like my health kinda took a nose dive over the last few months from intense parenting stress, but due to some things I'm trying out I think I'm on the mend. Everyone loves symptom lists so aside from a head cold I have at the moment here are some things I've been dealing with:
-chronic butt crack eczema/psoriasis for 4 yrs, skin has lost it's color it's been peeling for so long
-fatigue
-low blood pressure
-can't eat whole grains, nuts, or beans without major IBS cramping
-waking up in the middle of the night in a panic or from nightmares- I use mouthtape at night for yrs which helped
-tooth decay which is managed with lugol's iodine in waterpik and SDF occasionally
-intrusive negative thinking
-occasional anxiety

There were more but I have been testing out 70 mg of thiamine HCL for the last couple of weeks and it seems to be working. I'm hoping it makes my digestion stronger, more functional, and cures my nighttime wakings from poor breathing. Lots of videos on youtube saying sleep apnea is a vitamin B1 deficiency and I have had a high sugar diet now for many many yrs, in fact before I ever got into health and nutrition I loved sugar and my Mom let me have soda as much I liked growing up, I was diagnosed malnourished as a kid (yeah candy soda and pop tarts is a great start to the day mom!) and put on growth hormone shots for 4 yrs to get to 5'1, I am now just about 5'2 which I think happened when I got into WAPF type stuff 11 yrs ago.

I could go on and on about my health history as it's pretty extensive, but I don't want to bore anyone. To sum up I crashed my health breastfeeding two kids, the younger wanted to nurse 24/7 and so I was sleep deprived for yrs, while taking thyroid hormones without any testing and using coffee in the morning to wake up. I had severe panic attacks that made me think I was dying and life altering fatigue. I think I was severely deficient in vitamins and minerals across the board, but because of my anxiety I refused to take very much stuff for fear of a reaction and maybe it was a good idea I didn't use a lot of B vitamins as I think my health was so bad I would have had refeeding syndrome type reactions. I mainly just tried eating as much as I could and resting A LOT. I missed out on a lot of fun stuff with my kids because of my health.

I moved to the south a couple yrs ago and it's been amazing, I enjoyed zero colds up until this one which I think was triggered by the thiamine and using hydrogen peroxide in my mouth which has a lot of bacteria from the decay. I refuse to believe I 'caught' it from someone else. I believe colds and flu are our immune system cleaning out, most likely a reaction to endotoxin. Covid kinda made me a little paranoid with this cold, but I've come back to my senses and today I boiled an onion and breathed in the steam from that and took a drop of Lugol's iodine, and did the neti pot with a drop of methylene blue. That's been my go to for sinus infections. I think we really should go back to basics and learn from our ancestors! Folk remedies! Even if this turned out to be a bad virus I wouldn't use any of the drugs like ivermectin or HCQ. I am considering getting a nebulizer to easily inhale hydrogen peroxide or Lugol's. The only drugs I ever consider are cyproheptadine or aspirin. I was given many rounds of antibiotics as a kid and I think they are what caused my IBS reaction to whole grains.

I generally feel best middle of my cycle when all those youth hormones are peaking and the worst at the end (even when I was using progest-e). But when stress is low I generally have a pretty good cycle. 28-29 days long. Haven't used any hormones in yrs.

K

Kayaker

What do you mean you had poor breathing during sleep? I breathe a lot while I'm asleep, with closed mouth but dry mouth anyway. I think it's because sleep is a metabolically active activity and my brain is in a state that it crashes easily and becomes inflamed.

JamesGatz

Many of these symptoms sound to me like serotonin - (nightmares, negative thinking, anxiety)

Going to sleep at night is the hardest to deal with serotonin in my view because the pitch blackness raises it and then thyroid takes a rest at night and now that we are heading into winter especially its colder temperatures its especially important to address the issue

and lastly i think this is a given but i go to bed always with a clean digestive system so like an hour before bed i have a little bit of carrot or pineapple with a little coffee to clean up my digestive system so nothing is bothering me when i go to lay down

This is what I do -
Air Filter on in my room, 175W Incandescent bulb shined on my bed from a distance (basically used as a night light - surprisingly its still easy to sleep like this) and I have like a night cap that I put on my head or tie a bandana on my head, with an inclined bed, i also take a shot of mexican coke before sleeping - makes me feel very relaxed and sleep at ease - I really dont want to say its just serotonin to users that have been on Peat for awhile but that sounds like what happens to me if I tried to go to sleep without doing the above protocol - pitch blackness in the night makes me feel panicky if im not doing things to take care of it and I end up waking up from nightmares

Last edited:
OP
InChristAlone

InChristAlone

What do you mean you had poor breathing during sleep? I breathe a lot while I'm asleep, with closed mouth but dry mouth anyway. I think it's because sleep is a metabolically active activity and my brain is in a state that it crashes easily and becomes inflamed.
I think my body forgets to breathe at night, so then I either wake up in a panic or I clench my teeth because my airways are collapsed though I don't snore at all. I have struggled with right sided TMJ pain as well, I don't even chew on that side anymore and I think it's due to clenching at night.

JamesGatz

I think my body forgets to breathe at night, so then I either wake up in a panic or I clench my teeth because my airways are collapsed though
To avoid the clenching - try to do a suction mew while lowering your mandible (lower jaw) while keeping your lips closed - the mere action of clenching the teeth has an intruding effect on the airways making it hard to breathe and creating a very stressful scenario i explain how to do this here:

OP
InChristAlone

InChristAlone

To avoid the clenching - try to do a suction mew while lowering your mandible (lower jaw) while keeping your lips closed - the mere action of clenching the teeth has an intruding effect on the airways making it hard to breathe and creating a very stressful scenario i explain how to do this here:

The way I understood it is the terrible jaw situation causes the clenching from the airway being too small. I practice jaw relaxation during the day so that it would transfer to nighttime when i'm not awake to control it, I also put magnesium lotion on my TMJ muscles at night and that is what cured the muscle spasm, but I think I still do clench because my teeth will be sore. I also have been practicing the suction in the last few months, I used to do mewing completely wrong yrs ago it caused me to push on my front teeth making them really sore probably because I couldn't breathe with my tongue up there and it was tiring.

OP
InChristAlone

InChristAlone

Many of these symptoms sound to me like serotonin - (nightmares, negative thinking, anxiety)

Going to sleep at night is the hardest to deal with serotonin in my view because the pitch blackness raises it and then thyroid takes a rest at night and now that we are heading into winter especially its colder temperatures its especially important to address the issue

and lastly i think this is a given but i go to bed always with a clean digestive system so like an hour before bed i have a little bit of carrot or pineapple with a little coffee to clean up my digestive system so nothing is bothering me when i go to lay down

This is what I do -
Air Filter on in my room, 175W Incandescent bulb shined on my bed from a distance (basically used as a night light - surprisingly its still easy to sleep like this) and I have like a night cap that I put on my head or tie a bandana on my head, with an inclined bed, i also take a shot of mexican coke before sleeping - makes me feel very relaxed and sleep at ease - I really dont want to say its just serotonin to users that have been on Peat for awhile but that sounds like what happens to me if I tried to go to sleep without doing the above protocol - pitch blackness in the night makes me feel panicky if im not doing things to take care of it and I end up waking up from nightmares
Yes serotonin has been an issue. I also find keeping digestion system clean helps, but I don't tolerate raw carrots, they give me headaches. I also have been off all caffeine since earlier this yr when I had a severe panic attack after coffee. It's been an issue for me for yrs. I wish I could do it, but I do have way less panic and anxiety off the caffeine.

K

Kayaker

I think my body forgets to breathe at night, so then I either wake up in a panic or I clench my teeth because my airways are collapsed though I don't snore at all. I have struggled with right sided TMJ pain as well, I don't even chew on that side anymore and I think it's due to clenching at night.
I think it's dysautonomia, or an interferance in the brain detecting when to breathe, so there's central apnea as a result. Thiamine does help with dysautonomia for a lot of people. I've heard one person's only symptom of thiamine deficiency was shortness of breathe and that it improved after supplementation.

These problems are increasingly common now. I think EMFs or something in the modern environment cause an increased requirement for thiamine and possibly other nutrients. This is especially apparent here since few Peaty foods are high in thiamine and it's common to try to increase metabolism.

JamesGatz

The way I understood it is the terrible jaw situation causes the clenching from the airway being too small. I practice jaw relaxation during the day so that it would transfer to nighttime when i'm not awake to control it, I also put magnesium lotion on my TMJ muscles at night and that is what cured the muscle spasm, but I think I still do clench because my teeth will be sore. I also have been practicing the suction in the last few months, I used to do mewing completely wrong yrs ago it caused me to push on my front teeth making them really sore probably because I couldn't breathe with my tongue up there and it was tiring.
Exactly - you understand it but the airway is too small because the mandible is protruding on your airways - this is the issue that suction mewing with the lowered mandible addresses - it uses your neck muscles as leverage to leverage the mandible free from your airways and push it outwards - people with bigger jaws/more attractive have an easier time breathing because their jaws are not protruding into their airways

Mewing is very difficult when starting out for the reason you mention - when the tongue comes back up to the anterior for someone that isn't used to it - it leaves very little space in the back - it is difficult to escape from this position but definitely possible - It's important to fight for space - it becomes a lifelong problem with no escape if the tongue continuously avoids conflict with the jaw - to free your airways the jaws must come out.

rfrequency001.jpg

JamesGatz

If you respond to my DM's I can give you some very interesting methods for women for 24/7 reduction of serotonin that I have not introduced to this forum as of yet because it sounds crazy but I promise that it works I experimented it with my sister

Nomane Euger

hi,the very rare time i wake up in panic,is when i ate certains fruits with certains carotenoids that felt like it blocked my DHT,when i ate these very same fruits with a lower amount of these carotenoids,i sometimes woke up at night but with out panic,feeling manly,and not stressed.i never had any skin problem,i ate a lot of red watermelon a few months agos,istarted to developed estrogenic symptoms and eczema/psoriasis looking symptoms,i stopped red watermelon a few months ago,the symptoms still remain a bit and intensity instantly with stress

TheCalciumCad

Instead of obsessing over hormones and nutrition which I assume you're pretty savvy on at this point, have you ever come across David R Hawkins - Letting Go technique? The idea is that all 'stress' is trapped energy (especially fear/anger) that we accumulate instead of allowing ourself to feel it we run from it in the form of escape/expression/suppression and overtime downstream of that we begin to manifest physical symptoms. So by letting go of any negative emotions we start to benefit downstream which means significantly better health/energy/mood/higher consciousness/more stress resilient/less 'triggered' etc.

I think it plays a big role in gut health as even Peat said something like "just thinking stressful thoughts will tend to increase your endotoxin absorption" my gut health is about as good as it gets since learning to "let go" (outside of eating very clean) as if you aren't carrying around excess negative thoughts/beliefs/emotions 247 the gut isn't constantly re-absorbing endotoxins.

TMJ by the I have a history of I think was related to alot of repressed anger which intuitively makes sense (holding back energy).

Louise L Hay also has a book called "You can heal your life" which has a glossary of health issues and what she thinks is the corresponding trapped emotion.

OP
InChristAlone

InChristAlone

I think it's dysautonomia, or an interferance in the brain detecting when to breathe, so there's central apnea as a result. Thiamine does help with dysautonomia for a lot of people. I've heard one person's only symptom of thiamine deficiency was shortness of breathe and that it improved after supplementation.

These problems are increasingly common now. I think EMFs or something in the modern environment cause an increased requirement for thiamine and possibly other nutrients. This is especially apparent here since few Peaty foods are high in thiamine and it's common to try to increase metabolism.
I think so too, I will be testing thiamine to see if it improves.

OP
InChristAlone

InChristAlone

Exactly - you understand it but the airway is too small because the mandible is protruding on your airways - this is the issue that suction mewing with the lowered mandible addresses - it uses your neck muscles as leverage to leverage the mandible free from your airways and push it outwards - people with bigger jaws/more attractive have an easier time breathing because their jaws are not protruding into their airways

Mewing is very difficult when starting out for the reason you mention - when the tongue comes back up to the anterior for someone that isn't used to it - it leaves very little space in the back - it is difficult to escape from this position but definitely possible - It's important to fight for space - it becomes a lifelong problem with no escape if the tongue continuously avoids conflict with the jaw - to free your airways the jaws must come out.

View attachment 30025
Yeah I have an overbite so the lower jaw is definitely retracted. Hard to remember to mew but I am willing to try. What is this method for reducing serotonin?

OP
InChristAlone

InChristAlone

hi,the very rare time i wake up in panic,is when i ate certains fruits with certains carotenoids that felt like it blocked my DHT,when i ate these very same fruits with a lower amount of these carotenoids,i sometimes woke up at night but with out panic,feeling manly,and not stressed.i never had any skin problem,i ate a lot of red watermelon a few months agos,istarted to developed estrogenic symptoms and eczema/psoriasis looking symptoms,i stopped red watermelon a few months ago,the symptoms still remain a bit and intensity instantly with stress
Yeah carotenoids are interesting, I eliminated most of them for a while and didn't see any difference in the skin so I was bummed about that!

OP
InChristAlone

InChristAlone

Instead of obsessing over hormones and nutrition which I assume you're pretty savvy on at this point, have you ever come across David R Hawkins - Letting Go technique? The idea is that all 'stress' is trapped energy (especially fear/anger) that we accumulate instead of allowing ourself to feel it we run from it in the form of escape/expression/suppression and overtime downstream of that we begin to manifest physical symptoms. So by letting go of any negative emotions we start to benefit downstream which means significantly better health/energy/mood/higher consciousness/more stress resilient/less 'triggered' etc.

I think it plays a big role in gut health as even Peat said something like "just thinking stressful thoughts will tend to increase your endotoxin absorption" my gut health is about as good as it gets since learning to "let go" (outside of eating very clean) as if you aren't carrying around excess negative thoughts/beliefs/emotions 247 the gut isn't constantly re-absorbing endotoxins.

TMJ by the I have a history of I think was related to alot of repressed anger which intuitively makes sense (holding back energy).

Louise L Hay also has a book called "You can heal your life" which has a glossary of health issues and what she thinks is the corresponding trapped emotion.
Yes! I have done quite a lot of EFT type work of letting go of emotions, I always experience an uplift of my health when I journal and let it out, maybe cry. Anger is an interesting one though as there aren't very many resources on releasing anger. I have a son who had some behaviorial issues and he put a lot of his anger onto me so I was absorbing all of that and experiencing some rage as a result that was pretty scary. I haven't quite figured out how to release that. But let me be clear I don't typically experience anger much outside of my son's behavioral issues.

Last edited:

TheCalciumCad

Anger is an interesting one though as there aren't very many resources on releasing anger. I have a son who had some behaviorial issues and he put a lot of his anger onto me so I was absorbing all of that and experiencing some rage as a result that was pretty scary. I haven't quite figured out how to release that.
From Fred Dodsons Levels of Energy (more than worth reading)
"Another way to handle pockets of anger is by realizing how it expresses powerlessness rather than power. It indicates that whatever is happening is something you absolutely do not want. So when experiencing rage, use that as an opportunity. Let it all out (without hurting others, use a pillow or punching bag or get on a bike and ride it off) and then, after that, consider how your anger is indicative of a strong desire and at the same time indicative of you focussing in the opposite direction of the fulfilment of that desire. When in rage you more than ever know what you don't want, it therefore follows that you then also more than ever know what you do want. It is in this way that rage can be turned into something positive.
"What I am disgusted with is. . .", "And what I prefer instead is..." In rephrasing your anger into something useful the strong current is utilized for the enlivenment of a specific topic. Regarding that topic the anger will probably never return because the energy is now flowing upwards."

If I recognise anger bubbling up I just hammer the **** out of a pillow for a few minutes and its gone and the next day I'm lighter as what Dodson calls the 'pocket' is gone, fortunately this doesn't happen often lol.

TRE is also legit

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8653MwFQHw

Last edited:
OP
InChristAlone

InChristAlone

From Fred Dodsons Levels of Energy (more than worth reading)
"Another way to handle pockets of anger is by realizing how it expresses powerlessness rather than power. It indicates that whatever is happening is something you absolutely do not want. So when experiencing rage, use that as an opportunity. Let it all out (without hurting others, use a pillow or punching bag or get on a bike and ride it off) and then, after that, consider how your anger is indicative of a strong desire and at the same time indicative of you focussing in the opposite direction of the fulfilment of that desire. When in rage you more than ever know what you don't want, it therefore follows that you then also more than ever know what you do want. It is in this way that rage can be turned into something positive.
"What I am disgusted with is. . .", "And what I prefer instead is..." In rephrasing your anger into something useful the strong current is utilized for the enlivenment of a specific topic. Regarding that topic the anger will probably never return because the energy is now flowing upwards."

If I recognise anger bubbling up I just hammer the **** out of a pillow for a few minutes and its gone and the next day I'm lighter as what Dodson calls the 'pocket' is gone, fortunately this doesn't happen often lol.

TRE is also legit

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8653MwFQHw

Yes absolutely it represents powerlessness and we have been changing it by how we parent our son and I feel way more empowered and less threatened. TRE is definitely awesome I tried it for some deep wounds and a lot more came up that I needed to work on as well. Thanks for commenting!

gaze

getting an updated blood test for thyroid, vit D may be a good idea. panic attacks may indicate something's going on with PTH and lactic acid, so checking those might not be a bad idea eirher

OP
InChristAlone

InChristAlone

getting an updated blood test for thyroid, vit D may be a good idea. panic attacks may indicate something's going on with PTH and lactic acid, so checking those might not be a bad idea eirher
Yeah I'd like to see how thyroid is doing, vitamin D is likely good as I get a lot of UV, last it was checked was perfect but that was summer 2015 when I really was going thru a lot of panic. I don't have panic anymore unless like I said I wake up from not breathing. Coffee was my main cause of panic, but I also used gobs and gobs of sugar so might have been lactic acid.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals