My experience after just a couple of days..

Discussion in 'Logs' started by Destiny, Sep 27, 2012.

1. Destiny

Destiny Member

I started eating along Dr Peats guidelines (including stopped taking 2 tsp codliver oil daily) just two days ago and I am full of energy all day long and sleep all through the night! I used to wake up twice every night and feel tired for a long time in morning trying to get going. Also, I used to have dark skin under the eyes which is almost gone! I used to get light headed upon getting out of bed, and sometimes from a seated position and it no longer happens at all. Lastly I've had some light bleeding of my gums each time I brushed and that too is gone already completely. Amazing how several of my issues were taken care of immediately! I am excited to see how it will affect my menstrual cycle which has been somewhat irregular and my periods longer than they should be even taking some sub-lingual progesterone. :)

2. charlie

charlie The Law & Order Admin

Two days!!!! Wow!!! Thats really awesome. Imagine what 2 years will bring you? Way to go!

Now, just got to figure out what I am doing wrong. :rolling Although, I do remember that right in the beginning a lot of good things happened, then went away, now they are slowly very slowly coming back.

Keep us updated, Destiny!

3. j.

j. Guest

I saw a lot of improvement in about 4 months of being PUFA-free. I could eat comfortably like 10 times the amount of sugar as when I was eating PUFAs. I used to feel bad if I consumed even moderate amounts sugar. Drastically increasing the amount of sugar without feeling bad was one of the most convincing evidence that PUFAs are bad.

4. OP
    Destiny

Destiny Member

J. I agree, this is the first time I feel GOOD about using sugar!! It had been a few years since I bought any! lol I noticed when I used to eat cake or cookies (which contained PUFAS as well as wheat) I couldn't stop eating. I don't have this any longer.

5. crX

crX Member

I am another reformed fish-oil user. Actually it scares me a bit now to think how long I was taking it. I slowly phased it out when I first started to doubt and quit completely probably about 6 months ago, but I also made a bunch of other changes as well. Just wondering how things are going now, as I see you haven't posted in a while.