thyroid log - ratio worries

SQu

Today I started a 9:1 combo called diotroxin. I'm not delighted by that ratio but hey, it was a battle to even get that much T3 out of my doctor! He prescribed 1 tab a day which is 90ug T4: 10ug T3. I'm taking it slower than that - 1/4 tab morning, 1/4 tab at night. First thing it did was knock me out - went back to bed to sleep another 2 hours. But I feel good. Temps and pulse good. I imagine some of my high cholesterol has already been converted to progesterone. And no T4 has built up yet. So it's like a pure T3 for now.

I'm concerned for the future if I get brain symptoms from too much T4 as I'm prone to low brain energy symptoms eg migraines, moods, etc. but obviously I'll be watching out. I'm soooooooooooooooo not going to tough that out, been there, done that. I'll be knocking at his door for T3. If I do, I'll take along an article for him to read ( I can only try!!)

Otherwise I am keeping up with the T3 -like things that I already swear by, aspirin, coffee, minerals. Carrot salad. Among other recent improvements like temp, energy, aching and inflammation, serotonin, PMS, I have just noticed another - colour returning to my eyebrows. Assume tryptophan lowering working, maybe more copper??

OP
SQu

SQu

I would so appreciate any input if anything comes to mind, thanks!
And - if you could get your doctor to read just one RP thyroid article, which would it be???

Mittir

That conversion problem mostly happens in female
due to excess burden on liver from high estrogen. But RP has mentioned T4 only supplement
is a reasonable option to lower TSH and if there is worsening of low thyroid symptoms one should
switch to T4 and T3 combo. Thyroid gland releases 3 parts T4 and 1 part T3. There should have been
15 mcg more T3 and T4 should have been 75 mcg. This fact is enough to convince any reasonable person that a replacement dose should be identical to what thyroid gland secrete.
High TSH is also known to increase conversion of T4 to T3 in liver.
Lowering TSH with T4 can lower your liver's conversion rate from T4 to T3.
TSH contributes to many hypothyroid related symptoms.
It will be a trade off between relieve of symptoms from Lowering TSH
and possible hypothyroid problem from lowering T3.
What is your TSH, Total T3, Total T4 and total cholesterol.
I would stick to current dose of 50 mcg and wait 3-4 weeks and
get some blood test on TSH, T4, T3 and cholesterol.
If TSH is below 1, i would not increase the dose and try food to
fix the problem.

J

j.

This fact is enough to convince any reasonable person that a replacement dose should be identical to what thyroid gland secrete.

But that assumes that fact is accepted by the other person. It's disputed that the human thyroid gland releases in a 4:1 ratio.

OP
SQu

SQu

Thank you mittir and j. My thought was to raise T3 by other means like aspirin and caffeine and I see haidut posted a combo including niacinamide. I'm already using all those things during the day so I'm going to try it and also keep with the carrot to help the liver convert.
My TSH is 4.3. The lab doesn't offer all the tests but gave F T3 as 5.6 pmol /L (range 2.8 - 7.1) apparently this is ' high' says doc. F T4 is 13.3 pmol/L (range 10.16 - 22.0). Cholesterol high, 290 (7.5 mmol/L) .
I'm not sure now if I took 1/4 or 1/2 of the tablet yesterday morning as I couldn't find the rest later and I did sleep deeply and might have been a bit zonked. Slept poorly that night. This morning I took 1/4 and will stick to that to be consistent.

OP
SQu

SQu

Felt almost nothing the past two days on thyroid but won't change anything for two weeks - sticking to the programme.
Well not nothing, if i think about it carefully I am feeling something, it's subtle, but firstly I feel relaxed and not inclined to exercise. Secondly blood sugar seems a bit more stable but I am also keeping a closer eye on minerals and having more. And thirdly not so good: mediocre sleep has got a notch worse. Temp slightly up on waking. Overall mostly positive. Haidut's 'T3' recipe put me to sleep which seems in keeping with this picture.

aquaman

can;t you just buy T3 from one of the mexican pharmacies? I do and it arrives fine in the mail.

That way you can chew little bits as needed to get to 1:3 throughout the day

OP
SQu

SQu

I'm hoping to manage without internet ordering as stuff often doesn't arrive or is very delayed. On the plus side it's helped me find the t3 substitutes that are helping so much like aspirin. Thanks for the suggestion though!

OP
SQu

SQu

pulse is down to 75 and temp to 36.3 and I am amazed at how quickly the downside of t4 kicked in. Next week I'll call the doc for more t3 or give up on him in total disgust, finally. I'll try another route for the t3 - I have one or two options including thiroyd ndt or thyroid -s . before taking my chances with internet ordering. All feelings of wellbeing, subtle or powerful , have vanished and I'm just angry at how this guy has blocked me at every turn and got in the way of the healing of me and so many others no doubt who haven't done the reading I have. Years ago - years of my life - I went to him with these exact symptoms. TSH was in range. I told him the range was wrong. ' got me nowhere

OP
SQu

SQu

Rant Continued... Now my tsh is in range ' oh the range has been broadened ' he says. Gee thanks doc. So he gives me t4. I ask for t3 too because guess what hypothyroid livers don't convert so well. He gives me a tiny bit 'the experts now say to give some t3' he says all knowingly. Gee thanks again, doc. Now I have to go tell him surprise surprise it's not enough. I can see further hassle with this. Other docs in my experience no better and some just charge a lot more to be equally useless in slightly different ways. Charlie do you have a ' tearing out hair ' emoticon??!!

Mittir

In 70's and early 80s TSH reference range was 10. There were studies that
showed use of thyroid hormone was not beneficial unless TSH reached 20.
Can you imagine how many people suffered with hypothyroid symptoms?
That is not all, after someone reached TSH 20 they received only T4.
I believe a lot of people think too highly of doctors.
They are not scientists. They are more like car mechanics.
They are simply following manuals, they do not write or understand the manuals.
If you pay attention to obvious mistakes they made
in last few decades then you really can't have much expectation from them.
They are only good for getting insurance payment for diagnostic tests
and for emergency visits. I thought people knew that most medicines
are toxic and doctors are not good at fixing chronic problems.

mas

Great post telling it like it is! RP uses the word "FRAUD" to describe how the whole estrogen industry colluded and changed the diagnostic definitions of the parameters of thyroid disorders. Every branch of "Medicine" is now the rotten apple of sheer corruption of a small group of corporate elitists who control the whole system.

John Birkenhus, moderator of POLITICS AND SCIENCE, had a great intro into one of his RP interviews, in which he slammed the corporate structure for their total disregard for the environmental pollution and the correlation to disease. Corporations, who have been raping the unknowing public economically over and over again, get a free ride from politicians of both parties, who only care about money and re-election.

I have never been successful in having an adult conversation with anyone in my family or friends (except for my husband) discussing political issues especially the medical system,which is nothing like what the media propaganda has created.

People cling to their ideas because of fear.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Like it or not I'm getting quite accustomed to ordering needed items from online international pharmacies. Admittedly I've lost count of the number of orders I've made but I must tell you I've not once had a problem. One nurse I work with talked about how unsafe that must be but I truly believe for the most part that's just American arrogance and medical propaganda. I'm to the point where I'm pretty relaxed about the whole process. It's much less stressful than having to go beg for what you need from some medical authority who has no understanding of what you are trying to accomplish in the first place. I'm sure there are probably some bad online pharmacies out there but I think by doing your homework that can be easily avoided. I'm with mittir on doctors. I see no reason to put myself through the heartache of dealing with them if it can at all be avoided.

J

j.

I think I'll always be a little wary. I order, let's say, ERFA 30 mg. I take the first pill in a very alert mode. After I see that it works with no ill effects, I take the rest without worry. I'll probably take the first pill of my second order more calmly.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
sueq said:
Charlie do you have a ' tearing out hair ' emoticon??!!

I prefer this. :banghead

:mrgreen:

OP
SQu

SQu

Thanks everyone! Charlie that's perfect! I have no illusions about doctors - and see them not as scientists but as members of a cult unrelated to doing good or understanding health. This one like many treats the blood results and ignores the person. Going to try the homeopath next ( he may prescribe ) and if no joy I'll be joining you guys!! On the plus side I was ready for this - knew what my symptoms meant so could stop when hypo kicked in. Also diet etc must be working because initially my body responded to the t3 strongly before the t4 crept up too much - which it did so soon that liver conversion issues are clearly a big factor and my liver sadly is not yet what I was hoping for!

OP
SQu

SQu

They are The Keepers of the All Powerful Prescription Pad ( correction, The Keepers of the All Powerful BRANDED Prescription Pad)
:holysheep

OP
SQu

SQu

I live in South Africa. Beautiful weather, friendly people, and parcels that go missing in the post. Also bureaucracy that will block you when it can. Hence my attempt to try other possibilities first!

Mittir

RP talked about a thyroid medicine named "Proloid" which has 80 mcg T4 and 25 mcg T3.
Pfizer makes it and i believe it is available in most countries.

north

j. said:
This fact is enough to convince any reasonable person that a replacement dose should be identical to what thyroid gland secrete.

But that assumes that fact is accepted by the other person. It's disputed that the human thyroid gland releases in a 4:1 ratio.

Anybody know where there is a reference for this? Or in which Peat article he has written about this?
Im currently writing down everything i will bring for my endocrine doc in order to get t3 combo.