Vitamin A Sleep Aid

Jewbermensch

I've been trying to lock down a good sleep stack for probably a year and a half. I pretty much always wake up at like 3AM-4:30AM and need to have some juice or milk+sugar to fall back asleep. Lately I've discovered that when I have a Pure Encapsulations 10000 IU Vitamin A before bed, I am able to sleep uninterrupted for 7+ hours. I'm going to try Haidut's retinil before bed and see if I get the same effect.

Anybody know why Vitamin A would help me stay asleep so well?

I noticed that I wake up feeling fairly groggy when I do this, though later in the day I do feel very rested. Maybe it lowers my stress hormone levels and carries over into the morning.

haidut

Forum Supporter
OP
Jewbermensch

Jewbermensch

It's just interesting because no other anti-cortisol substance has had such a drastic effect on my sleep. I've tried magnesium, vitamin E, aspirin, niacinamide, collagen/glycine, progesterone, ashwagandha, who knows what else to limited success. For whatever reason vitamin A seems to be the key for me

InChristAlone

Here is a thought: when you take a big dose the body is doing EVERYTHING it possibly can to put that stored away to protect you from free retinoic acid, so actually you are lowering your blood levels- for a while until storage sites are FULL then it will stop working and you will wonder why since it was so good at it before, then on top of not working anymore, you have new health problems showing up like anxiety, fibromyalgia, bone and joint problems, skin issues, headaches/migraines.

OP
Jewbermensch

Jewbermensch

Here is a thought: when you take a big dose the body is doing EVERYTHING it possibly can to put that stored away to protect you from free retinoic acid, so actually you are lowering your blood levels- for a while until storage sites are FULL then it will stop working and you will wonder why since it was so good at it before, then on top of not working anymore, you have new health problems showing up like anxiety, fibromyalgia, bone and joint problems, skin issues, headaches/migraines.
lol relax... I get plenty of D and K to go with it and it's just 10,000 IU. I'm not seeing how this theory would support helping me sleep

InChristAlone

It's a highly unsaturated molecule I don't understand the love of it around here. It might be lowering your thyroid thus allowing you to sleep for longer without running out of glucose. I sleep like crap when my metabolism is running very high.

OP
Jewbermensch

Jewbermensch

It's a highly unsaturated molecule I don't understand the love of it around here. It might be lowering your thyroid thus allowing you to sleep for longer without running out of glucose. I sleep like crap when my metabolism is running very high.
Well my skin is noticeably better when I'm taking it. I have no signs of eczema or anything. I supplement t4 + t3 through tyromix so to test that theory I could try a tyromix dose before bed with the vitamin A and see if it still works

InChristAlone

Well my skin is noticeably better when I'm taking it. I have no signs of eczema or anything. I supplement t4 + t3 through tyromix so to test that theory I could try a tyromix dose before bed with the vitamin A and see if it still works
What are your temps and pulses on thyroid? I take no vitamin A, stopped using liver and only get it through about one pat of butter, 30 grams of cheese or 1 cup of greek yogurt and maybe 1/2 cup of haggen dazs a day. Barely any carotenoids either as I stopped drinking OJ, coke is my drink of choice. And my skin is clear, no orange callouses or dry skin and my temp is 98.8 pulse 90. The theory we need more and more vitamin A to be healthy on a Peat diet is crazy. Now with this temp my sleep is a little rough as I struggle to eat enough. That's how I came up with the theory that it being carried on the same protein as thyroid you could be blocking your thyroid and going more into a stupor. Less ups and downs with glucose less adrenaline release? Not sure, all I know is Peat does say some people don't need very much even 5,000 could be toxic for someone.

OP
Jewbermensch

Jewbermensch

What are your temps and pulses on thyroid? I take no vitamin A, stopped using liver and only get it through about one pat of butter, 30 grams of cheese or 1 cup of greek yogurt and maybe 1/2 cup of haggen dazs a day. Barely any carotenoids either as I stopped drinking OJ, coke is my drink of choice. And my skin is clear, no orange callouses or dry skin and my temp is 98.8 pulse 90. The theory we need more and more vitamin A to be healthy on a Peat diet is crazy. Now with this temp my sleep is a little rough as I struggle to eat enough. That's how I came up with the theory that it being carried on the same protein as thyroid you could be blocking your thyroid and going more into a stupor. Less ups and downs with glucose less adrenaline release? Not sure, all I know is Peat does say some people don't need very much even 5,000 could be toxic for someone.

My temp I have a hard time getting up from 98.0 taken orally. But also I don't really trust the thermometer I use been meaning to get a new one. Pulse changes based on how much I've been working out at the time. Right now it's around 80 but if I am regularly doing sprints the beats are a lot stronger and bpm is around 60.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals