thyroid log - ratio worries

OP
SQu

SQu

Continued :
Concerned still hypothyroid. New prescription due. Don't wish to rock doc boat so will probably aim for same prescription, and to escape statins pressure. Taking taurine, magnesium in preparation.
Migraines - coming up for year with none. Some headaches. Not an issue. Usually brought on by pushing metabolism. In fact, indicator for promising start when I get one!
Weight remains biggest issue but improvements there too. Down a clothing size. feel vastly more comfortable. Less bloated. Less slow, tired, aching. Far better strength, stamina. Aim now to reduce weight not by cutting calories - not acceptable to create more digestive pain as per last time. Undecided about fat as dairy crucial right now, cheese as well as milk. Signs are that raising metabolism and especially lowering estrogen more effective route for me. In fact my experimenting suggests that macros ratios not playing a part in my case right now. Estrogen metabolism sleep and lowering adrenalin and stress more promising based on recent patches of spontaneous weight loss.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Great update sueq. I'm certain you must be thrilled that the migraines are gone. I often wonder myself about the adrenaline issues. I definitely still struggle with this myself from time to time. I'm beginning to think my adrenaline issues aren't really worse and are probably even better but that I'm just more attuned to recognizing when this is happening. It's wonderful that you have figured out effective ways to deal with it!

OP
SQu

SQu

Thanks blossom! Yes i am delighted! I agree on adrenalin. It was there all the time - when I get a spike now all sorts of old symptoms reappear eg aching, evening backache, more wakeups. Clearly i lived on the stuff and my body remembers. I suspect many, maybe most people do.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I think those of us in middle age probably have more of this issue with our bodies reverting easily to old stress patterns. Even though I'm sorry you experience this I'm glad to know I'm not the only one. :) Thankfully we know what to do to turn things around. It's definitely a process but one I'm glad to be be tackling day by day.

tara

That looks like great improvement, sueq, congratulations.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals