Replacing Sleep With Meditation

lampofred

I've tried basically everything I can think of to fix my thyroid and attain deep sleep, but it hasn't been working. I tried meditating earlier today and realized that I feel more rested after 30 min of meditation than I do after 8 hours of sleep. I don't have to worry about work tomorrow, so I figured now is as good a time as ever to start.

It's pretty crazy, but being honest with myself the only times I ever truly made transformative progress with my health was when I tried something crazy, first was when I started Peat and ditched all unsaturated fat and made sugar my primary source of carbs, next was a period of several months when I forced myself to drink 20 cups of coffee a day.

Now it's going to be this. Will update in the morning with results of Day 1.

Uselis

Nothing to advice but when I was in Thailand doing retreat I was averaging 5 hours of sleep that was always deep and restful.

Sitting on your **** all day long, doing walking meditation in sunshine and living 0 stress life in forest added to less need for sleep too ☺

tara

You may be able to reduce your need for sleep, but I don't think it will work out well if you completely eliminate sleep.

Collden

Vipassana teaches that deep meditation has the same restorative effect as sleep. I'm not sure if thats entirely true, but the habit of meditating in bed before sleep, knowing that if I don't manage to sleep I will at least get a lot of time for meditation, totally eliminated all traces of insomnia and somniphobia for me.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals