Hello World

Wolf

Hello everybody,
Long time creeper here, very happy to finally be on board. I was introduced to Peat's ideas through forum links to some of his published work back in 2012. I had a firm disbelief in some of the concepts and heavily believed in others. It wasn't until I took the time to heavily research some of the underpinnings of his work that I understood his logic for certain concepts. 24 years old currently, Stateside, and have fully recovered my health utilizing Peat's methods. Back in 2012 I had a bout of the stomach flu that was treated with Ciprofloxacin. Coupled with the fact that I had to more or less live in the woods and subsist off whatever berries, etc. I could get my senior year of high school I fell ill. Sleeping in the woods in the middle of winter more likely than not added to the cumulative insult to my adrenals. Strangely enough the sickness manifested very slowly over the course of a year, finally culminating in a very bad fever in March 2013. Unknown to me the apartment I was staying at above an abandoned business was mold infested. A week after I got my very bad fever I noticed mold spores growing out of the floor. Turns out my consistent cleaning was keeping a massive mold infestation from growing. Long story short I got out of there.
Next I began to have bloody diarrhea which eventually progressed to bloody vomiting. Throwing up black despite how metal it sounds is pretty terrible. This continued for roughly 6 months until I got in touch with a local Chinatown and they treated me with various concoctions until we found what worked. Shi Quan Da Bu Tang. Edited to include small amount of fu xi, fresh ginger, and substituting dang shen for ren shen in later times once my digestion improved.
I took up more heavily the soft martial arts in this time, abandoning my hard styled stuff so my body could still get some form of exercise. I was also told that this was karmic punishment by certain TCM docs, God wants me to suffer by Christians, and that I was Hypochondric by medical professionals and my family. There was also a parasite infestation at one point that was cleared up with essential oils(nothing else worked).
Fast forward to Winter 2016. I am regularly taking Odansetron 8mg ODT to prevent vomiting and diarrhea and Benadryl 100-300mg because the dissociation helped me cope(turns out it did more than that). I go to my doctor and she tells me they're going to have to give me a spinal tap because my blood pressure is now regularly 95/60 and lower with a bpm of 30. My legs would randomly give out and I was beginning to lose feeling in my extremities. There was also mention of a bowel resection. Colonoscopy and Endoscopy revealed some ulceration but nothing clinically significant.
At this point I abandon all hope and heavily begin studying every aspect of assimilation of calories. I end up megadosing enzymes and drinking gallons of milk per day(Lactase helps). KCal average was about 10,000/day for about one month. I also heavily used butter, ate kale, and ate sweet potato. I jump from 160 lbs at 6'4" to 220 lbs. Muscle gained was roughly 70% of the total. Lifts jumped from 85->275 Bench, Bar->185 Squat(Can't squat for ***t), and 85->315 Deadlift. My farmer walk jumped to 455. I kept up this momentum and began to ingest milk regularly with lactase and making sure I got some form of protease with heavy protein meals. I also regularly drank large amounts of miso broth.
This is already a pretty long post, but I'll leave it at that for now. I apologize for my somewhat sporadic writing style, it has been a while since I've been able to tell this story in its entirety.

LUH 3417

Hello everybody,
Long time creeper here, very happy to finally be on board. I was introduced to Peat's ideas through forum links to some of his published work back in 2012. I had a firm disbelief in some of the concepts and heavily believed in others. It wasn't until I took the time to heavily research some of the underpinnings of his work that I understood his logic for certain concepts. 24 years old currently, Stateside, and have fully recovered my health utilizing Peat's methods. Back in 2012 I had a bout of the stomach flu that was treated with Ciprofloxacin. Coupled with the fact that I had to more or less live in the woods and subsist off whatever berries, etc. I could get my senior year of high school I fell ill. Sleeping in the woods in the middle of winter more likely than not added to the cumulative insult to my adrenals. Strangely enough the sickness manifested very slowly over the course of a year, finally culminating in a very bad fever in March 2013. Unknown to me the apartment I was staying at above an abandoned business was mold infested. A week after I got my very bad fever I noticed mold spores growing out of the floor. Turns out my consistent cleaning was keeping a massive mold infestation from growing. Long story short I got out of there.
Next I began to have bloody diarrhea which eventually progressed to bloody vomiting. Throwing up black despite how metal it sounds is pretty terrible. This continued for roughly 6 months until I got in touch with a local Chinatown and they treated me with various concoctions until we found what worked. Shi Quan Da Bu Tang. Edited to include small amount of fu xi, fresh ginger, and substituting dang shen for ren shen in later times once my digestion improved.
I took up more heavily the soft martial arts in this time, abandoning my hard styled stuff so my body could still get some form of exercise. I was also told that this was karmic punishment by certain TCM docs, God wants me to suffer by Christians, and that I was Hypochondric by medical professionals and my family. There was also a parasite infestation at one point that was cleared up with essential oils(nothing else worked).
Fast forward to Winter 2016. I am regularly taking Odansetron 8mg ODT to prevent vomiting and diarrhea and Benadryl 100-300mg because the dissociation helped me cope(turns out it did more than that). I go to my doctor and she tells me they're going to have to give me a spinal tap because my blood pressure is now regularly 95/60 and lower with a bpm of 30. My legs would randomly give out and I was beginning to lose feeling in my extremities. There was also mention of a bowel resection. Colonoscopy and Endoscopy revealed some ulceration but nothing clinically significant.
At this point I abandon all hope and heavily begin studying every aspect of assimilation of calories. I end up megadosing enzymes and drinking gallons of milk per day(Lactase helps). KCal average was about 10,000/day for about one month. I also heavily used butter, ate kale, and ate sweet potato. I jump from 160 lbs at 6'4" to 220 lbs. Muscle gained was roughly 70% of the total. Lifts jumped from 85->275 Bench, Bar->185 Squat(Can't squat for ***t), and 85->315 Deadlift. My farmer walk jumped to 455. I kept up this momentum and began to ingest milk regularly with lactase and making sure I got some form of protease with heavy protein meals. I also regularly drank large amounts of miso broth.
This is already a pretty long post, but I'll leave it at that for now. I apologize for my somewhat sporadic writing style, it has been a while since I've been able to tell this story in its entirety.
That’s incredible. What is your perspective on Chinese medicine given all your experiences?

OP
W

Wolf

I believe that Chinese Medicine has its place as a tool, but not as a unified modality. This is just based on the purity of the herbs coming out of China 90% of the time(sulfites, lead, etc.) and the lack of true education in the discipline. The formula I took allowed me to continue to lose blood from my condition without needing a blood transfusion. I regularly had to get blood drawn to make sure my iron did not drop to critical levels and that I was not dehydrated. The difference between the pre and post administration was something like 20/10 points. Not as good as miso soup, but miso doesn't contain appreciable amounts of iron. I learn more from the two doctors I know in Chinatown than I could ever learn in a book. One was a barefoot doctor and the other has vast clinical experience. The translations get a bit hairy at times, but overall its an amazing amount of knowledge. The Western trained doctors in my area have no idea what they're doing. I got needled by one of them once and it was so sloppy that I decided to never go to another non vetted TCM doc ever again. Hell, my Korean Chiropractor friend did a better job needling.
If you were to learn Chinese medicine then I would learn Dit Da first and foremost with 5 element theory and visual correlations next. Diseases do seem to travel along the "meridians" and an organ can antagonize another(Liver invading the Spleen). Their concept of Iron Skills and the acquisition of them is also pretty interesting and in combination with Vitamin K and a few other bone builders the Kidney Excess(read:inflammation, cortisol, and growth hormone) can be kept at bay while maximizing strike penetration.
All in all though, I prefer real world results and medical studies over abstract concepts.

Last edited:

Peatful

Hello everybody,
Wow @Wolf... and welcome.
Glad you are here.

LUH 3417

I believe that Chinese Medicine has its place as a tool, but not as a unified modality. This is just based on the purity of the herbs coming out of China 90% of the time(sulfites, lead, etc.) and the lack of true education in the discipline. The formula I took allowed me to continue to lose blood from my condition without needing a blood transfusion. I regularly had to get blood drawn to make sure my iron did not drop to critical levels and that I was not dehydrated. The difference between the pre and post administration was something like 20/10 points. Not as good as miso soup, but miso doesn't contain appreciable amounts of iron. I learn more from the two doctors I know in Chinatown than I could ever learn in a book. One was a barefoot doctor and the other has vast clinical experience. The translations get a bit hairy at times, but overall its an amazing amount of knowledge. The Western trained doctors in my area have no idea what they're doing. I got needled by one of them once and it was so sloppy that I decided to never go to another non vetted TCM doc ever again. Hell, my Korean Chiropractor friend did a better job needling.
If you were to learn Chinese medicine then I would learn Dit Da first and foremost with 5 element theory and visual correlations next. Diseases do seem to travel along the "meridians" and an organ can antagonize another(Liver invading the Spleen). Their concept of Iron Skills and the acquisition of them is also pretty interesting and in combination with Vitamin K and a few other bone builders the Kidney Excess(read:inflammation, cortisol, and growth hormone) can be kept at bay while maximizing strike penetration.
All in all though, I prefer real world results and medical studies over abstract concepts.
Yea I’ve been developing moles along meridians which is interesting to me. I met a western acupuncturist who was trained by a Daoist master and her approach was completely different to anyone I met but still don’t feel completely secure that she knows what she is doing. I got an extremely high fever a few days after her treatment though. Thanks for the recommendation, I think five element differs from Daoist in that it contains 6 elements. A lot of knowledge got destroyed under communism.

OP
W

Wolf

Yea I’ve been developing moles along meridians which is interesting to me. I met a western acupuncturist who was trained by a Daoist master and her approach was completely different to anyone I met but still don’t feel completely secure that she knows what she is doing. I got an extremely high fever a few days after her treatment though. Thanks for the recommendation, I think five element differs from Daoist in that it contains 6 elements. A lot of knowledge got destroyed under communism.
Not to step on her or your toes, but there's plenty of different modalities in TCM, Tung, Daoist, Buddhist, Shaolin, etc. I personally have a deep appreciation for the manual modalities of the martial artists to fix issues that arise during training. You don't have the opportunity to mess up when you have an ulcerated wound or blood poisoning from some guy who decided to coat his blades in some unknown substance. Funnily enough, me going into an herb shop stating how I'm throwing up blood, gaunt faced, and showing signs of rotting really got the gears going in the barefoot doctor's head. I think the burden of proof became much lower after the revolution and as a result the practices became dulled. That isn't to say that they're obsolete, they're just not as focused. I also appreciate the generative practices of "internal cultivation". Intra abdominal pressurization can do wonders for being able to be explosive.
@seraphim you wouldn't happen to have them on the Triple Burner would you....? Also did she cup you, moxa you, or do anything to open the pores? You can get some awfully suspect fevers after those treatments or if you play with the proper points. My go to that actually helped prevent vomiting were ST36 and SP4. I would dig my fingers into those spots to help prevent the automatic vomiting. Helped half the time.

LUH 3417

Not to step on her or your toes, but there's plenty of different modalities in TCM, Tung, Daoist, Buddhist, Shaolin, etc. I personally have a deep appreciation for the manual modalities of the martial artists to fix issues that arise during training. You don't have the opportunity to mess up when you have an ulcerated wound or blood poisoning from some guy who decided to coat his blades in some unknown substance. Funnily enough, me going into an herb shop stating how I'm throwing up blood, gaunt faced, and showing signs of rotting really got the gears going in the barefoot doctor's head. I think the burden of proof became much lower after the revolution and as a result the practices became dulled. That isn't to say that they're obsolete, they're just not as focused. I also appreciate the generative practices of "internal cultivation". Intra abdominal pressurization can do wonders for being able to be explosive.
@seraphim you wouldn't happen to have them on the Triple Burner would you....? Also did she cup you, moxa you, or do anything to open the pores? You can get some awfully suspect fevers after those treatments or if you play with the proper points. My go to that actually helped prevent vomiting were ST36 and SP4. I would dig my fingers into those spots to help prevent the automatic vomiting. Helped half the time.
Seems to be along my bladder meridian (or what I think is my bladder meridian?)

I want to study Chinese medicine but don’t want to get lost chasing diluted forms/practices. You’re not stepping on anyone’s toes.

OP
W

Wolf

I have masses of fat on my Triple Burner that have slowly disappeared with a very aggressive transdermal liposomal solution I made. I also got rid of a mole using ACV and lugol's at one point topically.
I would argue that there's something up with either your water metabolism or your ability to retain "jing".
In any case I could always recommend some solid books if you ever want to go down the rabbit hole. Studying TCM at University is terribly expensive and the books can be purchased one edition back for pretty cheap.
I have had the hypersensitivity to orgasm that is typical of an ability to retain jing and the resulting post orgasmic feeling terrible. This was resolved pretty recently without the aid of any Chinese Medicine. My belief is that it stemmed from hypersensitivity to PRL due to chronically elevated Serotonin. Increasing Dopamine did nothing to help unfortunately. :/

LUH 3417

I have masses of fat on my Triple Burner that have slowly disappeared with a very aggressive transdermal liposomal solution I made. I also got rid of a mole using ACV and lugol's at one point topically.
I would argue that there's something up with either your water metabolism or your ability to retain "jing".
In any case I could always recommend some solid books if you ever want to go down the rabbit hole. Studying TCM at University is terribly expensive and the books can be purchased one edition back for pretty cheap.
I have had the hypersensitivity to orgasm that is typical of an ability to retain jing and the resulting post orgasmic feeling terrible. This was resolved pretty recently without the aid of any Chinese Medicine. My belief is that it stemmed from hypersensitivity to PRL due to chronically elevated Serotonin. Increasing Dopamine did nothing to help unfortunately. :/
Yes I do have water renetion and my personality problems involve issues setting boundaries and being grounded in my being. I’m extremely fluid with people I mean and can sort of dissolve into them instantaneously. I also used psychedelics a lot and think that may have contributed.

LUH 3417

Book recommendations would be amazing

LUH 3417

Another acupuncturist told me I was predominantly fire element because of my body type and physical characteristics but I suspect I have some long standing imbalances and I keep seeing different acupuncturists which seems helpful but am feeling insecure about the entire thing also

OP
W

Wolf

Between Heaven And Earth
Harriet Beinfield/Efrem Korngold
Good primer on basic principles. A few hours read and easily digestible.

The Web That Has No Weaver
Ted Kaptchuk
Comprehensive text that will take some time to comprehend. Get a pen and paper and get ready to write.

Five Elements And Ten Stems
Kiiko Matsumoto/Stephen Birch
This book was an eye opener to some of the correlations in Chinese Medicine and how to truly be an effective practicioner of TCM. This is a book I recommend to my martial artist friends in pinpointing a consitutional weakness in their opponent that correlates to ennervation of the different parts of the body.

---------------------------
I recommend going to an herb shop in a local Chinatown and having their doctor take a look at you and possibly do some Tui Na. I pay $10 to have an amazing TCM doc look at me and give me my diagnosis. If I need to be cupped, massaged, herbs, etc. that's extra, but understandable.
My primary care is similar in that I've worked out an out of pocket cost, but that's neither here nor there.

LUH 3417

Between Heaven And Earth
Harriet Beinfield/Efrem Korngold
Good primer on basic principles. A few hours read and easily digestible.

The Web That Has No Weaver
Ted Kaptchuk
Comprehensive text that will take some time to comprehend. Get a pen and paper and get ready to write.

Five Elements And Ten Stems
Kiiko Matsumoto/Stephen Birch
This book was an eye opener to some of the correlations in Chinese Medicine and how to truly be an effective practicioner of TCM. This is a book I recommend to my martial artist friends in pinpointing a consitutional weakness in their opponent that correlates to ennervation of the different parts of the body.
aha wonderful synchronicity is I’m reading between heaven and earth right now (I read the chapter on fire element last night and it confirmed the acupuncturists ideas about me) and I also have the web that has no Weaver as an acupuncturist friend lent it to me and I was planning to read that next. Will check out the 3rd book when I finish the first two. Thank you!

OP
W

Wolf

The third book may open your eyes to more complex relationships that showcase dynamic tension in the body. You might be fire element all you like but if its being restrained or otherwise directed to the wrong place its all meaningless. In my opinion the goal is to not have any excess of anything. Wind, fire, damp, cold, etc. are just disease states. Constitutional excesses(LV, ST, KI, etc.) are entirely dependent on a person's state of mind, food intake, etc. Take a HT excessive person and load them up chronically with benzos and lithium and suddenly they're KI excess. Its best to adapt to a given situation and not push things, better to push when the opportunity is favorable.
Looking at the cover of the third book shows the dynamic tension.

OP
W

Wolf

Book-Five-Elements-Ten-Stems.jpg

LUH 3417

The third book may open your eyes to more complex relationships that showcase dynamic tension in the body. You might be fire element all you like but if its being restrained or otherwise directed to the wrong place its all meaningless. In my opinion the goal is to not have any excess of anything. Wind, fire, damp, cold, etc. are just disease states. Constitutional excesses(LV, ST, KI, etc.) are entirely dependent on a person's state of mind, food intake, etc. Take a HT excessive person and load them up chronically with benzos and lithium and suddenly they're KI excess. Its best to adapt to a given situation and not push things, better to push when the opportunity is favorable.
Looking at the cover of the third book shows the dynamic tension.
That’s interesting and makes a lot of sense. Do you know how Chinese acupuncture differs from Japanese?

OP
W

Wolf

I can't honestly speak on the differences. I'm very utilitarian in my approach to TCM. I can say that the heavy usage of patent medication is a limitation of Japanese TCM, but their point manipulation(flicking, rubbing, needling, moxa, etc.) are generally better. I have never received acupuncture by somebody professionally trained in the Japanese methods. I however have used some of their methods for point stimulation on myself and they have yielded some pretty good results.

LUH 3417

I can't honestly speak on the differences. I'm very utilitarian in my approach to TCM. I can say that the heavy usage of patent medication is a limitation of Japanese TCM, but their point manipulation(flicking, rubbing, needling, moxa, etc.) are generally better. I have never received acupuncture by somebody professionally trained in the Japanese methods. I however have used some of their methods for point stimulation on myself and they have yielded some pretty good results.
Care to share your lyposomal solution recipe?

OP
W

Wolf

Its more or less topical DHEA, Progesterone, Pregnenolone, Niacinamide in an emulsified SFA base that's been sonicated. Its more systemic than anything and its probably better to just order from IdeaLabs. Its a pain in the **** to make.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom