Let's Discuss Sudden, Morphological Changes

FredSonoma

I also have noticed significant changes in my appearance from K2, none of which I am unhappy about haha.

However, it does seem to cause a pretty significant slowing of digestion, and a feeling of uncomfortable bloating in the upper GI tract. This usually comes with some feelings of discomfort and anxiety.

Anyone also experienced this? Has anyone experimented with natto, and other sources, to see if this was still an issue?

Waynish

Some of these postural changes are a result of decreased inflammation. It should be noted that this can go in the opposite direction as well (or be synergistic): forcibly holding your body in the right posture can decrease inflammation that normally pushes it out of that optimal posture.

Diokine

Noticed a drastic change in my jaw recently - I have made it a goal to do a backflip and have been training strenuously towards that end. I'm training heavily 4x/week, plyometric work along with strength training and lots of flexibility work. The stimulation to my body has changed a lot of things, but I noticed a really drastic change in my jaw. I had always had a crowded jaw, taking K2, calcium, DHT, etc, helped quite a bit and was very noticeable. After starting training, I developed a small degree of jaw pain in the left mandible. It was sore for about 2 days, very similar to TMJD pain. I woke up one morning, and it was completely gone. My jaw had also shifted forward a few millimeters. The fit between my teeth was much better, there used to be a spot on my lower rear molar that impinged upon the upper, it has completely moved from where it was before. This movement shifted my gonial angle considerably. I also started chewing differently, with a lot more "mashing" and less "crushing." It was quite remarkable as this shift happened essentially overnight.

One other thing I've noticed - my eye color is changing. I was born with brown eyes that slowly shifted closer to grey. In the past two weeks the area around the pupil has darkened considerably. I think there is a connection with dopamine levels.

TeslaFan

One other thing I've noticed - my eye color is changing. I was born with brown eyes that slowly shifted closer to grey. In the past two weeks the area around the pupil has darkened considerably. I think there is a connection with dopamine levels.

Interesting. I noticed when I take dopamine agonists (Lisuride, for example) my eyes turn lighter, from dark brown to light brown.

DaveFoster

Lol. Dave Asprey, as he admits, has tried a lot of things in his life. So, I doubt coffee is what gave him negative canthal tilt.
In regard to him taking modafinil: "I took 200 mg in the morning and 100-200 at lunch at first before I discovered Bulletproof® Coffee and the Bulletproof® Diet. The health increases I experienced let me ramp my dose down to 100 mg/day, sometimes 50, and sometimes none. I always perform well if I eat the right foods, avoid the toxins, and have butter, Brain Octane™ and Upgraded™ XCT oil. Modafinil is an added boost, not a requirement."

So, basically he used stimulants until his metabolism improved, and now he finds he needs less of the stimulant (particularly when he consumes more of another stimulant, caffeine).

This video is all kinds of authoritarian stupidity. One of the manufacturers who makes Provigil, Teva, got a warning letter from the FDA to not market their product for off-label uses, and the tone of the video basically says, "Well that means it must not be good for those things!"

The "life-threatening rash" is something to watch out for.

smith

This is probably a question that is most unwelcome in these parts, but.. how could one go about reversing the skull-widening effect of K2?

Dhair

This is probably a question that is most unwelcome in these parts, but.. how could one go about reversing the skull-widening effect of K2?
Not sure, but I don't think k2 will just continue to make your skull wider ad infinitum if you continue to take it.

Kartoffel

I have always had a slight overbite that went away when I changed my diet and my energy levels improved. I think my wisdom teeth also slightly rotated because all my teeth now fit perfectly onto one another. I think all the facial bones are flexible to some degree and can realign with proper nutritional support. However, I am skeptical that your skull can actually continue to grow so that your skull would "get wider". Has anyone here really seen such an effect (measured it)?

kayumochi

Curious, do those of you who report "widening" start with a peahead and grow into something approaching normal?

smith

I have always had a slight overbite that went away when I changed my diet and my energy levels improved. I think my wisdom teeth also slightly rotated because all my teeth now fit perfectly onto one another. I think all the facial bones are flexible to some degree and can realign with proper nutritional support. However, I am skeptical that your skull can actually continue to grow so that your skull would "get wider". Has anyone here really seen such an effect (measured it)?

Interesting. I agree, I think while most bones fuse and stop growing after a certain age, the skull continues to change shape throughout life.
I wouldn't say that the skull continues to get wider ad infinitum with with age or with K2, it's just that taking K2 causes a sudden widening, weird. I don't know if this has been measured but, reading around this forum and others, it seems a lot of people experience the same thing.

YourUniverse

I apologize in advance if I've talked about any of the following too often prior to this thread, but they are far too remarkable to keep quiet about. Herein I list a bunch of structural, anatomical attributes that have measurably changed for me since doing various Peat things.

Gonial angle - The angle that your jaw makes, when viewed from the side. This angle reaches 90° for me when I feel good, which is pretty directly correlated with how much sugar, fruit, and milk I'm consuming, and the amount of stress that I perceive that I'm under. In addition to the angle, the underside of my mandible undergoes considerable decalcification when I feel really good, usually with feelings of empathy and sympathy for others. This picture adequately demonstrates it. Note how there is a region of concavity in between his jaw angle and his chin.

Occipital bun - The bump at the back of your skull. Some people (especially males) have a very prominent one, which is very obvious upon tactile examination. When I feel good, this flattens out a lot, and it has flattened out many times before taking vitamin K2, when I ate oysters and liver together (I suspect the combination of zinc and B6, as it is known to powerfully affect DHT, and potentially estrogen). Before Peat, mine was probably always "hook" shaped, like in the linked picture.

Canthal tilt - The angle that your eye fissure makes. Angles that are positive are associated with youth, negative ones with age. My canthal tilt has increased several times before, but it is less easy to observe than the other two (you need to be looking in the mirror somewhat carefully), and seems harder to accomplish. It only happened, afaik, in conjuction with feelings of high confidence and superiority, and usually followed some type of major progress, either with girls, work, or project deadlines (girls also seem to dig me a lot more in this state). This picture accurately represents what my eyes and facial hair look like when I'm in this state (I have different pigmentation, more head hair, and a thinner nose).

Mentally, I feel the opposite of empathetic--I felt completely secure, but with no regard for others, and no regard for what others do or say to me. I remember @CoolTweetPete mentioning that he associates a high canthal tilt with a "savage energy", and that's an appropriate moniker for my mental state during those situations.

When I develop a positive tilt, the "concavity" that I mentioned above with the gonial angle always becomes less pronounced. The jawline doesn't "curve up" before reaching the chin.

I experience the softest, slowest growing facial hair (more on that later) in this state.

I've also noticed it increase slightly in the late morning, after having coffee with cream and sugar, a large bowel movement, and being in a fasted state.

Skull breadth - When I first started taking vitamin K2, it seemed like the circumference of my skull (breadth or widthwise), was getting larger. This was before I started taking aspirin.

Crunchiness -
When I take aspirin, and sometimes when I take K2, I experience a "crunchiness" in the joints of my spine and lower back. This happens very consistently with aspirin. Two threads, here and here, mention similar effects. It's likely related to my growing ~1.5 inches at the age of 24. @Peata @CoolTweetPete @Lecarpetron

Lips -
When I take the LifeExtension K complex supplement, my lips get bigger and much pinker temporarily. The supplement contains K1 and both forms of K2, MK-4 and MK-7.

Pigment -
My hair and skin both look lighter and redder in tone. I think my eyes may have lightened a bit, but they're naturally dark, so it's hard to tell.

Facial hair -
My facial hair is soft and slow growing when in a good mood. It's usually coarse upon waking, and becomes noticeably much softer after coffee and a bowel movement. Taking extra vitamin K2 makes it softer, and it is softest when I have a high canthal tilt.

Scalp hair -
Baldness reversed. Some recovery on the temples, complete recovery on main scalp, and the texture of hair became much finer, softer, shinier, and less wiry. I suspect that the hair follicle density on my beard also increased. Less oiliness, I can shower without shampoo now.

Sebum - Less oily skin and hair, as mentioned above. Oily skin is usually accompanied by hair loss in the shower, and coarser beard hair.

Nearly all of these traits can change within a matter of seconds, minutes, or hours. For example, if I have to deal with a sudden deadline, or I perceive that a certain task is more difficult than I thought it was, I get very quick calcification. If I have a bowel movement, my facial hair gets softer immediately after.

A lot of these traits only became observable to me after I started taking vitamin K2. Jaw width and reversal of hair loss, in particular, changed drastically after just a couple of days of K2. I had been following certain Peat things, like avoiding PUFAs, eating some liver/oysters, occasional carrot, coconut oil, for about two years before this. I didn't really make an effort with avoidance of fermentable fibers, excess starch, plenty of sugar, until recently, and it coincided with these changes.
So I stumbled upon David Goggins' story through joe rogan's podcast, who's a Navy Seal, ultramarathoner, and pullup world record holder, all after growing up in a harsh reality (truly an inspirational story, its worth listening to the entire podcast IMO). He remarked about having an occipital bun, and how it seemed to flatten out by focusing on stretching his psoas muscles (his hip flexors). He noted that the flatter his bun got, the healthier he got (and he attributed his increase in health/the flattening of his skull to stretching/yoga).

Heres the link (his remark about the "bump on his head" is at 9:14 - I recommend starting the clip from 8:08, to get a brief synopsis of his story):

Thoughts?

(BTW - this man is 43 years old, and looks like hes 30, all while running 150 miles per week!!!)

OP
lvysaur

lvysaur

He noted that the flatter his bun got, the healthier he got (and he attributed his increase in health/the flattening of his skull to stretching/yoga).

I've never done yoga or tried to stretch my psoas muscles. I remember liver and oysters (on the same day) making the occiput flatten considerably. As of now, it comes and goes and I haven't been paying much attention.

I'll remark that Asian people are known to have flatter occiputs, and they also seem to have a host of health-promoting adaptations, including thymal persistence.

Hairfedup

Interestingly my skull shape has changed dramtically, from having a completely flat skull with no visible dome shape to having a dome shaped head. With this I've experienced severe hair loss. Really would wonder why. This is all before finding anything peaty. I can't seem to figure out if K2 would make this worse or better.

Arrade

Interestingly my skull shape has changed dramtically, from having a completely flat skull with no visible dome shape to having a dome shaped head. With this I've experienced severe hair loss. Really would wonder why. This is all before finding anything peaty. I can't seem to figure out if K2 would make this worse or better.
My guess is calcification from lack of k2, or D3, or magnesium. I've noticed this dome head is a cause of hairloss

I plan on supplementing LEF K complex 1 a day, and 45 mg mk4 from Relentless Improvement this month.
I have a pretty decent jaw but an oblong head shape, quite a big upper head I want to fix/widen out.
This will be with 6x week weightlifting with creatine supplementation. My IGF-1 is already above normal range, so I'm thinking this should really widen my jaw to Brad Pitt tier

Arrade

@lvysaur
Awesome self conscientousness. I am also very highly self aware, and am hoping to reverse hairloss.
When you gained height at 24, any idea if your plates were closed? Was it just increased bone density? I don't have much hope since my plates are closed

smith

Anyone's palm lines change in depth or disappear completely either dependent or independent of diet?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals