Why Does Lowering Estrogen Slow My Hair Loss? (Interesting experience)

Peeno

I don't know if this happens to anyone else but I find it strange and want to hear this forums ideas.

Whenever I lower aromatase and estrogen via either white button mushrooms, melatonin or K2 mk4 my hair texture improves (feels fuller stronger and less oily and less itchy) basically less balding symptoms. I also shrink in the spine (get smaller) and have less muscular strength and energy.

My theory is that when my Estrogens go up it either sensetises androgen receptors or increases 5ar activity in the bodily tissues like skin and muscle. Anyway I just want to hear any hair loss experts opinions.

For the record I suffer mpb and was able to halt it and maintain with zix a topical b6 and zinc formula. Thanks.

OP
P

Peeno

I've been googling and found that E2 raises igf1 binding, perhaps my hair loss is driven by igf1?

Edit:
IGF-1 can potentiate androgen signaling through AR activation.

Guess I found the answer, E2 increases igf1, skin fibroblasts and androgen signaling for T and dht to bind to.

Last edited:
I have the complete opposite experience (similar to most people) - everything that lowers estrogen destroys my hair, in fact going through it right now after a stint of Tamoxifen. K2 MK4 made it worse too. MK7 makes it better short term since it has 5-AR inhibiting properties...doesn't really stop the loss in the long run though.

Scenes

I have the complete opposite experience (similar to most people) - everything that lowers estrogen destroys my hair, in fact going through it right now after a stint of Tamoxifen. K2 MK4 made it worse too. MK7 makes it better short term since it has 5-AR inhibiting properties...doesn't really stop the loss in the long run though.
Does tocovit? I used to think like you and have similar experiences with k2 but tocovit makes my hair better and it is a strong estrogen antagonist.

Does tocovit? I used to think like you and have similar experiences with k2 but tocovit makes my hair better and it is a strong estrogen antagonist.

Haven't tried Tocovit. I tried Vitamin E acetate (only a-tocopherol) and I think that had a negative effect though it did improve erections and libido marginally (those two things always seem to be on the opposite side of the spectrum vs. hair).

Regarding TocoVit one of the things that puts me off is that it apparently contains trace policosanols and I've had a REALLY bad experience taking a policosanol supplement (they are known to affect 5-AR and as someone with PFS I am sensitive to that).

TNT

I'm curious about this, too, because I'm perimenopausal, so I started using bioidentical estrogen last year, and my hair loss is much worse! I don't know what to do, because I need it from a menopause perspective, but I also need my hair!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals